• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I just got an update from FO. IO confirmed that she sent the info to the embassy a couple of minutes ago. So, in conclusion, is not the FO who triggered FTJ, but most probably the embassy itself. In one of the emails, they mentioned that they checked me through USCIS system (something internal I believe) and my status wasn't updated yet.

So, my advice for future AOSers who will do Follow to Join - work in parallel with embassy and FO. First, try to ask the FO to notify embassy about your approved case. The embassy needs just a confirmation to start the process from their end. Second, ask embassy to verify you through their system, they deffently have this tool, they need just to want to do it. Finally, as Sm1smom said, no need to file i-824 and pay for it. I did file, pay and I lost my money, but I don't regret because considering that the time wasn't on our side, I was pulling all the strings I could, and for some of them I had to pay (including consultations with lawyers - this one I regret)...

By the way, my status just changed to approved :)

Congratulations! As a DV2021 AOSer who is planning to do FTJ for my spouse, I have been caring about your progress. I'm truly happy for you that your GC journey is successful and your wife is able to have an interview date set.

I have questions regarding civil documents submission for you though if you don't mind. Mom has suggested me to submit my husband's civil documents regardless of whether KCC requests them or not. I'm curious if your wife received the email from KCC to request documents (if so, when did that happen?). Did your wife send the documents anyway?

Thank you in advanced!

Congratulations! As a DV2021 AOSer who is planning to do FTJ for my spouse, I have been caring about your progress. I'm truly happy for you that your GC journey is successful and your wife is able to have an interview date set.

I have questions regarding civil documents submission for you though if you don't mind. Mom has suggested me to submit my husband's civil documents regardless of whether KCC requests them or not. I'm curious if your wife received the email from KCC to request documents (if so, when did that happen?). Did your wife send the documents anyway?

Thank you in advanced!

I do not remember if my wife received anything from kcc at all. I could be mistaken, but because I am the principal applicant I got the list of documents that I had to submit to KCC for both of us. To be clear, I was planning to do CP at first, but after the entire world turned around, I moved with AOS. I received the request for documents sometime in October 2019. I submitted all civil documents back then, but changed to AOS in May.

Sm1smom is right, your spouse needs these documents attached to the file. They will be needed later on when the embassy will proceed with FTJ. The embassy will request his part of file from KCC, and copies should be there.

So, my advice, do as Mom told you to do. As principal applicant and AOSer I don't believe that you or your spouse will get a request for documents from kcc (they will think you are both doing AOS so the civil documents for CP are not needed). Technically you don't need to wait for a request to send files, just email them to kccdvdocuments@state.gov. Note that you need to include all needed info in the email, like principal name, DOB, case number and Derivative's name.

If you want you can give me your email address in private, and I will forward their request which should be standard for everyone, with the list of documents and instructions.

Last edited:
Finally we’ve got our interview today in LA office. We got the interview notice yesterday. The officer is very nice, He went through my husband’s I 485 first (he is the principle applicant), and then mine. Because we have been US over 10 years (from student, OPT and O1 Visa two times). So, most of the time he was reviewing our status when we was in US. At the end, he told us he needs review our case and he mention that he know the DV deadline. So, We just wait and pray now.
After a few hours, our status change to case was approved. It’s such a stressful journey. I try everything from this forum to get the interview notice. I think the congressman and Ombudsman Case Reques got work at the last minute. First, I wanna thank you Sm1smom, you are very patient to answer questions for everyone. And then, thank you for people who experience the interview in LA office, they give me a lot useful information. Without you guys, I don’t think we can make it. Again, thank you everyone who shares your experience in this forum.

After a few hours, our status change to case was approved. It’s such a stressful journey. I try everything from this forum to get the interview notice. I think the congressman and Ombudsman Case Reques got work at the last minute. First, I wanna thank you Sm1smom, you are very patient to answer questions for everyone. And then, thank you for people who experience the interview in LA office, they give me a lot useful information. Without you guys, I don’t think we can make it. Again, thank you everyone who shares your experience in this forum.

Congratulations

I was getting ready to explore other opportunities to apply for GC since my case was stuck in background check. I am excited to report that today my status changed to New card being produced! :eek: Apparently the FO got the BC clearance and waived my IV. The most useful tool in my case was the congresswoman’s office which followed up with FO several times for me and got replies usually in less than 24h. I am also impressed by the professionalism of the USCIS FO staff who did everything to get the case adjudicated on time.
I think we (almost) all here got super lucky twice. First to get selected and then to actually get the benefit during these crazy times.
My biggest gratitude to Sm1smom and SusieQQQ for everlasting attention and priceless advice! This forum rocks! :)
I’ll update my timeline and write a brief summary. I guess my case that was stuck in background check for almost 2 months and got approved 5 days before the end of FY is a good example for future applicants.

Wow, congratulations!!! Now you should be soooo relieved... I believe we all will have nightmares for some time now, before we get used with the idea we are LPRs.... :)

I hope that the rest who is still waiting, will get through too. Plus, it is still a chance to get an extension (by the end of September we will know), though I know that Mom mentioned that technically it is impossible, but I still hope...

Thank you

Here is the updated rosters of last minutes group as of 6am EDT, 9/26/2020.

A couple of applicants got approved yesterday afternoon. Expect more updates coming towards 9/30/2020.

Group 1; Bio and Interview completed. Awaiting approval

DET Bio on 8/4, int on 9/4
PIT Bio waived, int on 9/3
MWK Bio on 8/17, int on 9/15
SJC Bio on 8/19, Int on 9/28(Scheduled)
HOU Bio on 8/7, Int on 7/28
PHL FO, Bio on 8/8, Int on 9/11

Group 2; bio completed and awaiting IL

None

Group 3; waiting for bio and IL.

HOU bio and INT TBD
LAX bio and INT TBD
Heri2020, unknown FO, BIO and INT TBD

I was getting ready to explore other opportunities to apply for GC since my case was stuck in background check. I am excited to report that today my status changed to New card being produced! :eek: Apparently the FO got the BC clearance and waived my IV. The most useful tool in my case was the congresswoman’s office which followed up with FO several times for me and got replies usually in less than 24h. I am also impressed by the professionalism of the USCIS FO staff who did everything to get the case adjudicated on time.
I think we (almost) all here got super lucky twice. First to get selected and then to actually get the benefit during these crazy times.
My biggest gratitude to Sm1smom and SusieQQQ for everlasting attention and priceless advice! This forum rocks! :)
I’ll update my timeline and write a brief summary. I guess my case that was stuck in background check for almost 2 months and got approved 5 days before the end of FY is a good example for future applicants.

Nice :) congratulations

Hi everyone.

My journey is coming to the end finally.
I have just got the notification from USCIS egov. Our cases were approved. Cards were ordered.
I still cannot believe it, because we have experienced several challenges at every single step.

Every time I encountered the issues, I asked questions to this forum and Mom/members responded back with valuable advice and encouragement.
I found several good applicants in this forum who are having same issue as me and who is from same country.
I exchanged the information and talked. The value of this forum is countless.

If we read the instructions in the spread sheet very carefully, all the information you need is described there.
The information on AOS related DV is well explained by far than experienced law firms or lawyers.

Only X factor is your FO. My FO is small and it has limited knowledge on DV cases, that's why the progress is slower than others.
In my case, I decided to hire lawyer who knows FO very well. He helped me a lot to do final push.
Also, the length of background check is unpredictable. I thought it should be done in a few days, but it took a month.

I am so happy, because I don't need to stand by before 8 am and no need to listen USCIS music anymore.
I will update the last minute group list for other members.

My timeline is as follows;

5/29 Sent AOS package overnight to Chicago lock box.
6/1 Fedex could not deliver the package due to the protest at Chicago downtown. Delivered on 6/2
6/15 Received the rejected document, due to unknown reasons. USCIS said old form and no signature used. (Not true)
6/18 Sent back to Lockbox overnight
6/21 Found the AOS package was about to be delivered to Minneapolis, due to Fedex's wrong zip code label.
6/22 Accepted at Chicago lockbox
7/7 NOA for AOS issued.
Late July Congressional Inquiry #1 for Biometric appointment and interview
8/13 Biometric appointment done with code#3. Original notice showed #2.
Late August Congressional Inquiry#2 for interview appointment. "The case is in background check. No timeline provided."
Early September CIS Ombudsman inquiry submitted for interview
9/18 Interview completed. FO didn't have KCC FILE.
9/23 Case approved.

Card was mailed out on 9/25.
Just two days after approval.
No more card production delay.
I expect the card is coming early next week.
Have a nice weekend!
(No movement during weekend at government side except post office.)

Got my GC yesterday in my mailbox, after a week of the interview. :)
However, :confused: the USCIS# in my GC is different than in my OPT EAD. I also realized that it is different in I797-C (Same in I797-C and GC). Is this normal or do I have to contact USCIS regarding this? I was thinking that the USCIS # remains the same. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!!

However, :confused: the USCIS# in my GC is different than in my OPT EAD. I also realized that it is different in I797-C (Same in I797-C and GC). Is this normal or do I have to contact USCIS regarding this? I was thinking that the USCIS # remains the same. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!!
They sometimes change it. Congrats on getting your card!

Ssssh... Finally graduated from this. My egov website says "New Card is being Produced". It has been a Real Roller Coaster Ride!! Good luck to Everyone who is in this ride. You guys will made it soon.
Our interview was Straight forward. IO didn't ask any original documents at all but we went all prepared. He just ask our ID and passports. Interview was 5min, He just went through I-485 and confirm everything is good and he don't need any documents though I had my new i-20 which I didn't had at the time of sending package.
@Sm1smom
I would like to thank you so much for guiding me through this stressful process. I could not have done this without your help and advice. All the information that's on this thread as well as the AOS Process Spreadsheet was extremely valuable and helpful.
My timeline after interview on 08/07.
Biometrics- 08-13 after that there is no update till today.
Made Service request on 09/08 through tier 2.
09/09- got update saying request completed but Status still pending.
09-14- Reach out to Congressman
09-17- Got Response from Congressman saying my case is still pending background check.
09-20- initiate Ombudsman inquiry (I called them and cancel it today since I got the update)

Once Again Thank you so much @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ , @Britsimon. You guys are awesome. Thank you so much for helping a lot of people who is going through this process. And Thank you @mendokusai for guiding me to expedite with the case.
I will keep you guys posted and I will update the timeline now.

And Good luck to everyone who is still in this process. Don't lose your hope! you are almost there.

Guys received our GC today in mail. Thank you so much everyone. And good luck everyone who is waiting. Finally I can proudly say that I am LPR :)

I do not remember if my wife received anything from kcc at all. I could be mistaken, but because I am the principal applicant I got the list of documents that I had to submit to KCC for both of us. To be clear, I was planning to do CP at first, but after the entire world turned around, I moved with AOS. I received the request for documents sometime in October 2019. I submitted all civil documents back then, but changed to AOS in May.

Sm1smom is right, your spouse needs these documents attached to the file. They will be needed later on when the embassy will proceed with FTJ. The embassy will request his part of file from KCC, and copies should be there.

So, my advice, do as Mom told you to do. As principal applicant and AOSer I don't believe that you or your spouse will get a request for documents from kcc (they will think you are both doing AOS so the civil documents for CP are not needed). Technically you don't need to wait for a request to send files, just email them to kccdvdocuments@state.gov. Note that you need to include all needed info in the email, like principal name, DOB, case number and Derivative's name.

If you want you can give me your email address in private, and I will forward their request which should be standard for everyone, with the list of documents and instructions.

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, I would love to see the KCC request email. I'll message you with my email address in private.

Thank you!!
I believe you are talking about A# that you can find on EAD opt card and the i797... They changed my A# too (have a different one on i797 notices related to my AOS). I suppose that's normal...

Congratulations with you green card on hands!!!

Dear Mom, Dear members,

There are only 3 days left before FY so I’d like to ensure I did everything to get approved before 09/30. I don’t want to have any regrets later on…
Our situation: we are couple of two men coming from EU - our bio were taken on 08/04 and interview on 09/04. Our status shows since almost 2 months : “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
On 09/17, a Tier2 rep accepted to put an “informal service request”, and I got the answer by mail (see attached file) which says it was approved (“I should receive a decision … within 30 days”). Not sure if this request will help or not… we’ll see...
On 09/18, I contacted my Congressman who immediately sent an email to my FO, still no feedback on 09/25 so they sent a follow-up-email on Friday. The Congressman person told me that he didn’t get any feedback for another case which is time sensitive too (but not DV) which maybe means that the delay is not due to my case but just to a backlog…? As a general rule, my FO asks the congressman team to wait one week before any follow-up… which they did…

I could also have involved my Senator (also democrat) but I’ve been told that it is better not to put multiple inquiries which could lead to confusion (but I think now we’ve reached a point that it’s not a big risk anymore).

My plan is to involve the Senator anyway on Monday afternoon if the Congressman hasn’t received any feedback yet. Maybe the Senator has another contact in the FO…?

Any comment, advice or support would be very much appreciated. I try to keep hope!

Thank you.

Attachments

• Expedite Request - USCIS - anonym.jpg
    Expedite Request - USCIS - anonym.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 54
Dear Mom, Dear members,

There are only 3 days left before FY so I’d like to ensure I did everything to get approved before 09/30. I don’t want to have any regrets later on…
Our situation: we are couple of two men coming from EU - our bio were taken on 08/04 and interview on 09/04. Our status shows since almost 2 months : “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
On 09/17, a Tier2 rep accepted to put an “informal service request”, and I got the answer by mail (see attached file) which says it was approved (“I should receive a decision … within 30 days”). Not sure if this request will help or not… we’ll see...
On 09/18, I contacted my Congressman who immediately sent an email to my FO, still no feedback on 09/25 so they sent a follow-up-email on Friday. The Congressman person told me that he didn’t get any feedback for another case which is time sensitive too (but not DV) which maybe means that the delay is not due to my case but just to a backlog…? As a general rule, my FO asks the congressman team to wait one week before any follow-up… which they did…

I could also have involved my Senator (also democrat) but I’ve been told that it is better not to put multiple inquiries which could lead to confusion (but I think now we’ve reached a point that it’s not a big risk anymore).

My plan is to involve the Senator anyway on Monday afternoon if the Congressman hasn’t received any feedback yet. Maybe the Senator has another contact in the FO…?

Any comment, advice or support would be very much appreciated. I try to keep hope!

Thank you.

Yeah you can do that if you feel it might help, I wouldn't discourage you from doing so at this point. Meanwhile, take a look at your in-box, sent you a PM.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone who's still awaiting approval. It was a wild ride for me and I'm thankful for @Sm1smom for devoting this incredible amount of time running this forum. I've been following this forum for some time and read some of the earlier posts and I'm just heartbroken for anyone who was not approved, especially when this entire process may have cost them money they really didn't have. Their stories made me feel undeserving of my new LPR status and I hope their future gets better