• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

hello , i looked through the excel sheet but could not find further details thought i would ask here . can some one kindly explain to me why we need to submit I 765 and advance parole....My understanding is I 765 and advance parole is filed when you file for emplyment based green card to obtain the EAD with advance parole and to stay until you AOS gets approved which normally takes months ....
1. In DV cases as per the excel sheet the time lines are very short ..so in this case do we need to file I 765 and advance parole?
2. At what point do they approve the I765 with advance parole ? ..is it like before the final interview?
3. If I765 and AP adjuducation is done before the final interview...then lets say you I765 and AP is approved however your final interview dont go well ..then what happens to the EAD with AP?

thank you

Does the spreadsheet say you “need” to submit an I-765 and/or I-131? Looks like you probably need to go over it again.

1. Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet.

2. I-765 and I-131 are not processed or approved by the FO, the are processed by the NBC, the approval process is 3-4months on average. AOS processing is FO dependent, this could be anywhere between 1-4 months on average. (Take a look at the Chicago Lockbox_NBC_FO tab of the AOS process spreadsheet).

3. Both cards automatically become invalid if the AOS application is denied.

Does the spreadsheet say you “need” to submit an I-765 and/or I-131? Looks like you probably need to go over it again.

1. Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet.

2. I-765 and I-131 are not processed or approved by the FO, the are processed by the NBC, the approval process is 3-4months on average. AOS processing is FO dependent, this could be anywhere between 1-4 months on average. (Take a look at the Chicago Lockbox_NBC_FO tab of the AOS process spreadsheet).

3. Both cards automatically become invalid if the AOS application is denied.

Thank you for the information .. i have my H1 till 2022 august so in this case i think its no point in filing for I-765/AP because i do not intend to use the EAD over the h1b.

Hello everyone, I hope all of you guys are doing great.

I wanted to ask @mom or anyone else who has experience in this process. Do you guys have a recommended website that does translation that is certified? because all stores in my areas are closed. I have translated documents from my home country but I don't know if they are certified so I looked into some websites online but I'm worried that i would end up with scammers. I would really appreciate it. Be safe everyone.

Hi, I have used RushTranslate and they were super fast. I got my translations in 48 hours.

I wanted to ask @mom or anyone else who has experience in this process. Do you guys have a recommended website that does translation that is certified? because all stores in my areas are closed. I have translated documents from my home country but I don't know if they are certified so I looked into some websites online but I'm worried that i would end up with scammers. I would really appreciate it. Be safe everyone.
I used the documents that I translated from home country but didn't have any problem. As long as, the translation is accurate and and it has the translation certification at the end ( like, I {translator's name} certify that I am fluent in English and.........) it will be fine. Even a friend of yours who's fluent in both language can do the translations but need to include the certification at the end.

scholaro is good ..they are certified and fast too

Good afternoon, guys!
I am the winner of DV2021, case EU28***.
Currently, I am a student at college and will do AOS.

For each I-20 I showed that I have my own assets in cash and just deposit them each time when it is necessary to show bank statements and I withdraw after that. I keep all in cash. My parents came a couple of times to the US and bring me all this money.

Could you advise please, what should I do in this case to pass I-944 without any problems?

Good afternoon, guys!

For each I-20 I showed that I have my own assets in cash and just deposit them each time when it is necessary to show bank statements and I withdraw after that. I keep all in cash. My parents came a couple of times to the US and bring me all this money.

Could you advise please, what should I do in this case to pass I-944 without any problems?

Fill the I-944 as applicable to you. Get an I-134 as a backup financial document.

Good afternoon, guys!

You don't need to show how you managed the funds for the I-20(but IO may ask during the interview). But if you have those funds in a bank account you can disclose it in I-944 (Remember, you need to include 12 months statements if you do so. also, if a large amount of money is poured into a bank account within a month or so, it might look suspicious). Plus, you can always include the cash amount you have in your hand in I-944 under "Current cash Value" without giving any evidence( but again, large amount of money can be suspicious)
P.S. if you haven't done anything wrong (just to game the system) then you shouldn't be worried.

scholaro is good ..they are certified and fast too
Thank you guys for the answer. In my country, we have sworn translators and I was wondering if I should go with them or not. @Sm1smom I know you don't like it when someone asks the same question again but I really want to know what you think if you don't mind mom. Because I have a lot of documents to translate and on those websites, it says $20/ page which is gonna be really expensive. But I don't want to go with the sworn translator than being told that it's an acceptable translation. I appreciate the guidance everyone.

Doesn't my situation look problematic?
you mean, if it becomes obvious you tried to game the system?
I'm a little confused, if the money came from your parents anyway, why didn't you just say your parents were paying in the first place?

you mean, if it becomes obvious you tried to game the system?
I'm a little confused if the money came from your parents anyway, why didn't you just say your parents were paying in the first place?
I am not trying to game the system. And I am not only spending money on my college, but also for other stuff. That is why they just sent it to me.

I am not trying to game the system. And I am not only spending money on my college, but also for other stuff. That is why they just sent it to me.

This part is what made it seem like you were:

For each I-20 I showed that I have my own assets in cash and just deposit them each time when it is necessary to show bank statements and I withdraw after that.

Anyway, if you're not, i guess I misread the concern here:
Doesn't my situation look problematic?

Can you explain exactly what it is about your situation that you think looks problematic then, if it's not that?

Thank you guys for the answer. In my country, we have sworn translators and I was wondering if I should go with them or not. @Sm1smom I know you don't like it when someone asks the same question again but I really want to know what you think if you don't mind mom. Because I have a lot of documents to translate and on those websites, it says $20/ page which is gonna be really expensive. But I don't want to go with the sworn translator than being told that it's an acceptable translation. I appreciate the guidance everyone.

I think you've already gotten appropriate responses from the folks who already replied - these are folks who recently went through the same process you're about to embark upon by the way.

This part is what made it seem like you were:

Anyway, if you're not, i guess I misread the concern here:

Can you explain exactly what it is about your situation that you think looks problematic then, if it's not that?

Wondering if OP is engaged in some form of unauthorized employment which pays in cash. I don't get why someone will only deposit money from their "assets" into their bank account for the purpose of demonstrating self-sufficiency in support of the I-20 only to immediately withdraw the money from the account later on.

So yes, I agree with Susie, this comes across as some form of gaming the system process. People typically leave money in their account and withdraw as needed. Not the other way round as described by you.

Wondering if OP is engaged in some form of unauthorized employment which pays in cash. I don't get why someone will only deposit money from their "assets" into their bank account for the purpose of demonstrating self-sufficiency in support of the I-20 only to immediately withdraw the money from the account later on.

So yes, I agree with Susie, this comes across as some form of gaming the system process. People typically leave money in their account and withdraw as needed. Not the other way round as described by you.
Ok, thank you.

I was more wondering why his parents had to physically bring large amounts of cash rather than wiring it or paying the college directly, as I know happens at my kid’s college, one hopes the money was declared if over $10k. But regardless of the specifics, we don’t need to know, anything that is not by the book could be problematic in some way. If it is unauthorized employment, then bigkast is not eligible to adjust. If its something else then if a law was broken or something misrepresented, that’s a different issue that may or may not affect adjustment, but could have other implications. If nothing wrong was done, as is claimed, there is no need to be concerned about disclosing anything.

I was more wondering why his parents had to physically bring large amounts of cash rather than wiring it or paying the college directly, as I know happens at my kid’s college, one hopes the money was declared if over $10k. But regardless of the specifics, we don’t need to know, anything that is not by the book could be problematic in some way. If it is unauthorized employment, then bigkast is not eligible to adjust. If its something else then if a law was broken or something misrepresented, that’s a different issue that may or may not affect adjustment, but could have other implications. If nothing wrong was done, as is claimed, there is no need to be concerned about disclosing anything.

Yup!

Hi @Sm1smom, the excel sheet lists Form I-944 as currently suspended. Do we still need to submit this form for the evidence of financial self-sufficiency?