DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello,
I have been selected for the 2021dv, however I am in US at the moment with a B1/B2 visa, if my status is legal in the country can I do the interview here and just apply for AOS? or do I have to go back to my country?
Thank you in advance. Best!

Hi , i am employed through a staffing agency---> client site. The staffing agency is my employer and they pay my salary. In this case ,for the employment letter, is the staffing agency letter suffiecient or do i need to still get a letter for my client too.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hello,
I have been selected for the 2021dv, however I am in US at the moment with a B1/B2 visa, if my status is legal in the country can I do the interview here and just apply for AOS? or do I have to go back to my country?
Thank you in advance. Best!
Ability to process AOS will depend of when your CN becomes current and if you'll still be in authorized stay as at the time the CN becomes current.

When you did enter the US by the way?

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hi , i am employed through a staffing agency---> client site. The staffing agency is my employer and they pay my salary. In this case ,for the employment letter, is the staffing agency letter suffiecient or do i need to still get a letter for my client too.
Staffing agency is your employer, the letter should come from them.

Ability to process AOS will depend of when your CN becomes current and if you'll still be in authorized stay as at the time the CN becomes current.

When you did enter the US by the way?
Thank you for getting back to me. I did enter last Nov, have applied for extension and fingerprints have already been taken.

SusieQQQ

Thank you for getting back to me. I did enter last Nov, have applied for extension and fingerprints have already been taken.
So you are not currently in status (albeit in authorised stay) and awaiting a decision? When did you request your extension? What’s your CN? What have you been doing all this time?

So you are not currently in status (albeit in authorised stay) and awaiting a decision? When did you request your extension? What’s your CN? What have you been doing all this time?
Thank you for getting back to me. I came for holidays and was planned to leave on March, however airports got lock down and I could not go back. The extension was requested end of April. I have been spending time with the family. CN 2021SA33XX. So, basically if you have a status here you will be able to apply for the AOS, right? or it depends on the type of visa you have?

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Thank you for getting back to me. I came for holidays and was planned to leave on March, however airports got lock down and I could not go back. The extension was requested end of April. I have been spending time with the family. CN 2021SA33XX. So, basically if you have a status here you will be able to apply for the AOS, right? or it depends on the type of visa you have?
I already answered this question in response to your first post.

SusieQQQ

It partly depends on the type of visa/when you entered but nope, no way you’ll be able to apply for AOS anyway with that CN. If you entered November last year, even if you get granted the extension it won’t go longer than November this year (6 months past your initial i94 date, assuming that was 6 months’ stay granted). There is no way your CN will be current by then, and you cannot apply for AOS before its published in the visa bulletin.

It partly depends on the type of visa/when you entered but nope, no way you’ll be able to apply for AOS anyway with that CN. If you entered November last year, even if you get granted the extension it won’t go longer than November this year (6 months past your initial i94 date). There is no way your CN will be current by then, and you cannot apply for AOS before its published in the visa bulletin.
Thank you SusieQQQ! All the best

Hello,

When I arrived in the US I lived for a month in a shared apartment and the following month in another shared apartment, then I finally settled down.
Should I list those as previous addresses?

TheKey

Hello,

When I arrived in the US I lived for a month in a shared apartment and the following month in another shared apartment, then I finally settled down.
Should I list those as previous addresses?
From what you’ve said, you were “living” in those apartments. So yes.

Hi, and thanks for the amazing community. I'm currently in F2 status and planning to prep my AOS package to be able to file as soon as my DV CN becomes current, the excel spreadsheet has been a go-to source of information for me so far. I've been trying to determine which of the documents mentioned in the AOS package apply to my and my spouse's situation. Mostly a simple google search hands quick answer. However, I found USCIC descriptions of I-797 form to be rather vague. Is this something that a person in my situation needs to provide in their package? We are an F1/F2 couple with no change of status since we entered the US.

2- My second question is about DOS fee payment, I did get excited and paid the $660 fee (for two people) way in advance. Now I have a single receipt of a $660 fee payment. Do I put a copy of the same $660 payment in both packages for myself and my spouse? Or should I have made two separate $330 payments?

rabey

Hi, and thanks for the amazing community. I'm currently in F2 status and planning to prep my AOS package to be able to file as soon as my DV CN becomes current, the excel spreadsheet has been a go-to source of information for me so far. I've been trying to determine which of the documents mentioned in the AOS package apply to my and my spouse's situation. Mostly a simple google search hands quick answer. However, I found USCIC descriptions of I-797 form to be rather vague. Is this something that a person in my situation needs to provide in their package? We are an F1/F2 couple with no change of status since we entered the US.

2- My second question is about DOS fee payment, I did get excited and paid the $660 fee (for two people) way in advance. Now I have a single receipt of a $660 fee payment. Do I put a copy of the same $660 payment in both packages for myself and my spouse? Or should I have made two separate $330 payments?
1.If you haven't dealt with USCIS before, then you shouldn't have any I-797.
2. What you did was correct, single payment for both of you. You don't need to send the original receipt, so make two copies and attach in each AOS.

Hi there everybody!

First of all, my gratitude to @Sm1smom

My case is a little bit complicate since I have a pending DS-160 to be processed for my L-1A visa. I got stuck in Spain because of the COVID when I was back for renewing my visa stamp (L-1A already extended by USCIS).

I certainly need a lawyer in here to see what's my best course of action. May I have a recommendation for an immigration lawyer?

Thank you very much in advance for the help!

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hi there everybody!

First of all, my gratitude to @Sm1smom

My case is a little bit complicate since I have a pending DS-160 to be processed for my L-1A visa. I got stuck in Spain because of the COVID when I was back for renewing my visa stamp (L-1A already extended by USCIS).

I certainly need a lawyer in here to see what's my best course of action. May I have a recommendation for an immigration lawyer?

Thank you very much in advance for the help!
This forum is hosted by a highly reputable immigration attorney, Rajiv Khanna. However AFAIK, Rajiv doesn’t take on DV based cases. You can reach out to them if the immigration situation you need guidance on is non-DV.

This forum is hosted by a highly reputable immigration attorney, Rajiv Khanna. However AFAIK, Rajiv doesn’t take on DV based cases. You can reach out to them if the immigration situation you need guidance on is non-DV.
Any DV based cases attorney you could recommend?

Hi Mom,

My case number is AS17XX and live in US on F-1 visa. Planning to go for AOS.

I am guessing that my visa number will become current on November. I understand that you usually recommend against early filing for those who become current on October or November. But what if, when the next visa bulletin is published (say Sep 15th) and I find that my number is current on November as per the advanced notice, what if I file on October 1st? Isn't it less of a problem if I file on October 1st since this is the beginning of the new fiscal year meaning that USCIS officers are less likely to make the mistake of rejecting my application due to early filing?

I understand that nothing is guaranteed, but I wanted to hear your opinion.

Thanks a lot for the great forum!