• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Quick question about form I 134 form sponsor. Question 38 page 4 . Should be the answer yes or no. And how different answers might affect the the application

The answer should be precisely what your friend intends for their support to be. If they are limiting their support to specific things (should the support be required, then your friend should select the "I intend to" and clearly state what the support is limited to. If the support is not of a specific nature, they should select the "I do not intend to" option.

Hi guys,
I have question. My friend will do I-134 for my wife (just in case). Should we fill this section? We watched many videos about filling this form(they all related to fiance visa), all of them filling this section. I don't know how it works for Diversity visa.
Thank you
View attachment 2062

If your friend has sponsored someone else in the past, or submitted a visa petition for someone else in the past, this is where they get to list those people they have previously sponsored. If your friend has never sponsored anyone else in the past, then they list none.

DV is self-petitioned. So “None” is applicable in this case.

Actually not quite. This question is requesting to know if the sponsor has petitioned someone else, outside of the person the current I-134 is being submitted for, even if they never submitted an affidavit of support for that petitioned person. It is not about DV being self petitioned. The sponsor is the one filing out the I-134, not the person being sponsored.

Actually not quite. This question is requesting to know if the sponsor has petitioned someone else, outside of the person the current I-134 is being submitted for, even if they never submitted an affidavit of support for that petitioned person. It is not about DV being self petitioned. The sponsor is the one filing out the I-134, not the person being sponsored.
Got it, thank you. I read it differently. I thought it was asking the sponsor if they have submitted an immigration petition for the person being sponsored.

My FO is Houston and I yesterday received by mail one envelope containing 2 IL's for me and my wife. But no IL for my 6 yo son. My interpretation of comments in 'DV-2019-AOS Only' forum is that some FOs issue ILs for kids and some do not. Unless there is other advice here, I'll assume that my FO is not going to issue an ILs for my son and will bring him to interview with wife and me.

For comparison, my wife, son and I each received a Biometrics letter mailed in separate envelopes (and have attended Houston ASC for Biometrics exam).

My FO is Houston and I yesterday received by mail one envelope containing 2 IL's for me and my wife. But no IL for my 6 yo son. My interpretation of comments in 'DV-2019-AOS Only' forum is that some FOs issue ILs for kids and some do not. Unless there is other advice here, I'll assume that my FO is not going to issue an ILs for my son and will bring him to interview with wife and me.

For comparison, my wife, son and I each received a Biometrics letter mailed in separate envelopes (and have attended Houston ASC for Biometrics exam).
I'm from Houston too. We had the same with 5 years child. We didn't take her for interview but she needed to do bio.

Reactions: 930

It really doesn't matter if there's an IL addressed to your son or not. He will be approved if you, the principal applicant gets approved. You can take him along to the interview if you wish.

Hello folks,

I want to extreme gratitude and thanks to @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ and @Britsimon!

I and my family completed interview today on Tuesday (09/18) at the LA FO and 2 hours later the status of our cases was updated to "card is being produced".
I would like to join everyone else thanking you and this community for the invaluable support and help.

The interview was straightforward - the officer asked only me ALL the questions on the I-485 form, all other family members just 2-3 questions, but she did not need to see any original/translated documents.

Overall the experience was a stressful and not quick in my case as I wanted(I submitted in our I-485's at the end of May).

Thank you again for everything your guys do. This forum is really a godsend.

Hello folks,

I want to extreme gratitude and thanks to @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ and @Britsimon!

I and my family completed interview today on Tuesday (09/18) at the LA FO and 2 hours later the status of our cases was updated to "card is being produced".
I would like to join everyone else thanking you and this community for the invaluable support and help.

The interview was straightforward - the officer asked only me ALL the questions on the I-485 form, all other family members just 2-3 questions, but she did not need to see any original/translated documents.

Overall the experience was a stressful and not quick in my case as I wanted(I submitted in our I-485's at the end of May).

Thank you again for everything your guys do. This forum is really a godsend.

Congratulations.

Hello All,

Had an interview on July 29 in Houston. At the end of the interview, IO told the original file are at the national record center, once they are routed to the field office he will review and give a decision within 120 days. We reminded him about the timeline Sep. 30, but told he doesn't know when the file will arrive. On August 25 we raised the service request got the same response decision will be given within 120 days. Did the congressional inquiry got the same response on Sep. 9, files are at the national record center and ask us to wait for the file to arrive. We were worried time may not be enough to complete the case.
Finally, today we received 'New card is being produced'.
Dear MOM, thank you for your suggestions and for helping out during this process. This forum and timesheet have been a great help.
Again thank you to the entire community.
Congrats! by the way did you change your username by any chance? I checked on the timeline spreadsheet and I can't find you.

My interview and biometrics experience at Santa Ana FO.

Arrived there 40 minutes before my interview appointment.
First, at the security, he didn't have my name on the list (!) and I haven't received appointment letters.
But he could find my appointment letter from different place and he said the officer is waiting so that was good.
After checking in, waited in the waiting room for around 7 minutes then I was taken to upstairs.
There was another waiting room for AOS. After a few minutes later, the officer called me. That was already 5-10 minutes past my interview appointment time.

I think my interview went well. The officer was really really nice. We went through I-485 and signed, that's all we did. At the end he asked me if I wanted to submit additional documents so I hand previous I-20s in. He didn't realize that I have a few i-20 until I gave them to him so he checked something on his computer then printout a copy of my i-20 history (seems like it).
He asked me to wait in the waiting room for a few minutes to make a decision after interview done.
A few minutes later he came into the waiting room and said once I get the biometric done the process go through FBI security and last check on my documents. This process is going smooth enough so won't take so long, that is he said. Also he gave me "notice of interview result" and a paper for biometrics and fingerprints.
He took me to upstairs to take my fingerprints after that and that it !
Another officer took care of me for biometric.

He didn't ask me any original documents. Also about i-944 and i-134 that I submitted.
Maybe 30 minutes for interview, 30 minutes for biometrics include waiting time.

I couldn't come here without all of you especially @Kentavar2397 ,@oguzziya ,@val94 ,@rabey ,@Sero1033 ,@SusieQQQ ,@Sm1smom ,@txoutback ,@Pascale_20EU36k !
I don't know how much I appreciate you guys.
Still not end of my journey yet buy I did everything I could do so just praying.

Thank you again. I hope I will get the good news soon.

Just a curious question, I also have a approved h1b thats supposed to kick in this October. With my AOS at "card is being produced" Do I need to do anything about the h1b?

Just a curious question, I also have a approved h1b thats supposed to kick in this October. With my AOS at "card is being produced" Do I need to do anything about the h1b?

Hi Sully,

My H1B got revoked a few weeks after I received my GC, so probably you would receive a notification in a few weeks telling you the same. Just make sure to let your employer know that you are now LPR once you have the GC with you.

Congrats on your new status!

UPD.
I haven't tracked any previous USCIS case statuses, and started to do after I sent requested evidence.

1. Correspondence was Received and USCIS is Reviewing It. (Please note I got RFE during the interview)
2. New Card Is Being Produced.
3. Case Was Approved
4. Card Was Mailed To Me.
5. Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Services.
6. Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office.

Great news!

Received my wife and my GC this morning.

FYI:I still didn't get the official confirmation letter, my status didn't inform me about any tracking number or anything. Just 2 days ago (14th) it said card was mailed to me and today I got it. So from interview day (9th) counting today(16th) it took 7 days.

Again my deepest thanks to @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ, @Britsimon and also all other members who have contributed to not only help me but others as well.

I am here and those who are waiting for interview if you have questions do ask and also keep your hopes up.

Hello
I had my interview yesterday but unfortunately I didn't get a decision yet due to backlog within USCIS cuz my officer didn't get a hold my other case file pending asylum. It was smooth we just went thro the form corrected my middlename no question about I944 . By the end of the interview he told me non is granted so far and you are aware of the deadline unfortunately although I'm putting your case in a watch list . And he told me he requested my file from them but didn't get any response yet and will try his best and told me from the look of it everything is good here but can't make a decision until he review the other file . I really don't know what to do now and this is seems an internal delay .I asked him about my background check he told also am waiting on that . If anyone have an idea how to get this escalated other than contacting my representative would appreciate it.