• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi @Sully ,

How was your interview? Any specific moments that can help the rest of us waiting for interviews?

Thanks in advance!

It was pretty good, very positive, the interviewer only went through the basic I485 questions, the officer said that the application looks pretty straight forward and should be approved easily unless something big comes up in the background test. So I'm guessing the background test is not complete? Biometrics was waived a month and a half ago. The most we talked about was him telling me that I must keep my mailing address updated with USCIS if I am to move so that I receive my GC at the correct address. I confirmed with him that he knew about the Sept 30 deadline. Case status says "interview was complete and case must be reviewed" right after the interview. Still says the same.

It was pretty good, very positive, the interviewer only went through the basic I485 questions, the officer said that the application looks pretty straight forward and should be approved easily unless something big comes up in the background test. So I'm guessing the background test is not complete? Biometrics was waived a month and a half ago. The most we talked about was him telling me that I must keep my mailing address updated with USCIS if I am to move so that I receive my GC at the correct address. I confirmed with him that he knew about the Sept 30 deadline. Case status says "interview was complete and case must be reviewed" right after the interview. Still says the same.
Thank you for the insights, hope it will not take long and your status updates soon

Thanks mom,

The second one were about mine citation for administrative violation while I residing in my original country, this was also in my asylum case.
On august 15th they requested originals papers + translation + explantation.

Congrats!!! I considered you as a benchmark in the excel file because you are listed first who came up current in June. :) and I added myself a few lines later. We were interviewed that day too. Still no news - I hope the status changes this week.
I was interviewed on 09/04... and still no update... I don't know what to do... KCC confirmed me that my file was transferred to my FO the same day as my bio (08/04)

Quick question about form I 134 form sponsor. Question 38 page 4 . Should be the answer yes or no. And how different answers might affect the the application

Thank you txoutback for your offer about the interpreter, also thank you very much for the answers and advice when I passed the questions before. I think that we can do it ourselves. I speak English good and my wife also understands everything and also speaks in English. Just sometimes she may not be able to find the right words in English because of not enough vocabulary in English, but I think I will help her because we are a family.
I also want to share information that today employee USCIS called me from the local office of Brooklyn and asked if we know that we have an interview on September 17.2020. I replied that we know. Also, she asked me please to provide receipts for payment of the Kentucky Consular Center $ 330 per person for an interview so that they could approve us. I answered that we had already paid the fees on September 10, 2020, and my trucking number USPS shows that St. Louis received our envelope with paid fees today September 14, 2020.
She said it was good and that would be enough to have any evidence of payment of fees (or checks or money orders) at the time of the interview so that they can approve our cases, despite the fact that they have not yet received the file from the Kentucky Consular Center.

Today I received subsequent emails about new updates on our cases:

1. First update around late afternoon, status changed to new card being produced to: "card was mailed to me"
2. After few hours second update and the status changed to: "case was approved"

As I have read from forum experts and others experience that these online statuses changes very rapidly, so I guess now just waiting. But all in all good news. Thanks again everyone.

And those who are still waiting, we are all sending our positive energy to you.

As I have read from forum experts and others experience that these online statuses changes very rapidly

I've seen this too, when tried to find out what statuses I could expect.
I had all below in order:
1. New Card Is Being Produced.
2. Case Was Approved
3. Card Was Mailed To Me.
4. Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Services.
Since I already received card, I guess it's takes some time, so the system will updated that card delivered.

Congrats!!! I considered you as a benchmark in the excel file because you are listed first who came up current in June. :) and I added myself a few lines later. We were interviewed that day too. Still no news - I hope the status changes this week.

All I can say is keep your hopes up, its not the end until its the actual end! Hope you get some good news soon enough.

Hello All,

Had an interview on July 29 in Houston. At the end of the interview, IO told the original file are at the national record center, once they are routed to the field office he will review and give a decision within 120 days. We reminded him about the timeline Sep. 30, but told he doesn't know when the file will arrive. On August 25 we raised the service request got the same response decision will be given within 120 days. Did the congressional inquiry got the same response on Sep. 9, files are at the national record center and ask us to wait for the file to arrive. We were worried time may not be enough to complete the case.
Finally, today we received 'New card is being produced'.
Dear MOM, thank you for your suggestions and for helping out during this process. This forum and timesheet have been a great help.
Again thank you to the entire community.

Hello All,

Had an interview on July 29 in Houston. At the end of the interview, IO told the original file are at the national record center, once they are routed to the field office he will review and give a decision within 120 days. We reminded him about the timeline Sep. 30, but told he doesn't know when the file will arrive. On August 25 we raised the service request got the same response decision will be given within 120 days. Did the congressional inquiry got the same response on Sep. 9, files are at the national record center and ask us to wait for the file to arrive. We were worried time may not be enough to complete the case.
Dear MOM, thank you for your suggestions and for helping out during this process. This forum and timesheet have been a great help.
Congratulations! Considering your username, I’d say that this is a fortunate ending!

Hello All,

Much awaited awesome news. Congratulations

Hi guys!
Just done my interview and biometric this morning.

I have to wait for now but finally a little relieved.
Thank you for all of you gave me advice!
I think the interview went well without any problems. The officer said my paper was pretty much clear so he said he is waiting that my fingerprints done and the last decision. He said the process run fast enough. So will be soon to get news.
My status on online is "interview was completed My case must be reviewed"

I'll post detail of my interview later ☺️
Hope I can bring up a good news here soon !

Hi guys,
I have question. My friend will do I-134 for my wife (just in case). Should we fill this section? We watched many videos about filling this form(they all related to fiance visa), all of them filling this section. I don't know how it works for Diversity visa.
Thank you
1600191805909.png