• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

Omg just got the email from Suva Embassy . Interview is scheduled for tomorrow !!!! I haven’t even done Medicals

Congratulations! Are you named plaintiff? Have you interviewed before? Could you tell us a little bit more about your situation so that we can know what will happen to us in the near future. Thanks in advance.

Congratulations! Are you named plaintiff? Have you interviewed before? Could you tell us a little bit more about your situation so that we can know what will happen to us in the near future. Thanks in advance.
Thanks . No my interview was initially scheduled for April 3rd but it got cancelled like the rest of the selectee.
I don’t have a DV visa . This would have been my frist

Thanks Susie
Fabulous! I presume they will let you submit the medical later. Hope you can get a quick medical appointment too!
thanks SusieQQQ. I just made a call to my GP and it’s available but the thing is it’s so short notice . I just got the email today . Let me screenshot the whole email so people can maybe start their process of gathering all docs again . hoping to hear from the IV unit soon . I really don’t want to loose my place in the queue.

Attachments

• 4D5D7551-923C-4729-A8CB-0C9DDBED15BF.png
    4D5D7551-923C-4729-A8CB-0C9DDBED15BF.png
    476.2 KB · Views: 71
@Britsimon @SusieQQQ If medical is expired and passport is in embassy, how I book new medical ? :(
Embassy can’t do anything with your visa (therefore don’t need the passport) before they get the medical so I would assume you’d take the passport to the medical for ID, and then drop it with the medical at the embassy to get the visa.

Are you talking about a passport that has been at the embassy all this time from being on AP for a prior interview, or after an upcoming interview?

Embassy can’t do anything with your visa (therefore don’t need the passport) before they get the medical so I would assume you’d take the passport to the medical for ID, and then drop it with the medical at the embassy to get the visa.

Are you talking about a passport that has been at the embassy all this time from being on AP for a prior interview, or after an upcoming interview?

After faced interview, they normally keep passport in the embassy.

Do we need a new police report if it has just expired?
Police reports expire after a year for visa purposes. If it is older than a year then yes.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

After faced interview, they normally keep passport in the embassy.

yes, to put the visa in it. They can’t print the visa till they get the medical. So tell them you need it back because the panel doctor needs it for the medical (they will know this anyway), and then you return it to them when you hand in the medical.

Police reports expire after a year for visa purposes. If it is older than a year then yes.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.
Thanks so much Susie! Much love

yes, to put the visa in it. They can’t print the visa till they get the medical. So tell them you need it back because the panel doctor needs it for the medical (they will know this anyway), and then you return it to them when you hand in the medical.

My case is now different from others. Interview held in AAA country. My case was AP but I have collected it from embassy AAA and travel to BBB country to secure my Job. Now I m staying BBB country. I have passed my passport to AAA country embassy. If they ask medical report I cannot get it immediately. I cannot travel back to do medical. Although I get my passport back and travel I have to stay 14 days at quarantine centers. :(:(

My case is now different from others. Interview held in AAA country. Now I m staying BBB country. I have passed my passport to AAA country embassy. If they ask medical report I cannot get it immediately. I cannot travel back to do medical. Although I get my passport back and travel I have to stay 14 days at quarantine centers. :(:(
Hmm. i am not sure there is time to deal with such complications at this stage. Surely a visa is worth 2 weeks quarantine if you can swing the timing though?

Hmm. i am not sure there is time to deal with such complications at this stage. Surely a visa is worth 2 weeks quarantine if you can swing the timing though?
But next flight is available on next week Wednesday. After 14days quarantine then 30th Sep. :(

Hi Dv2020
Just a heads up that :( as per Suva, Fiji US Embassy instructions )
1: One does not have to update anything online for the new rescheduled interview .
2. Medicals can be done / submitted after the interview . All In all, as long as the whole administrative process And visa endorsement/ issuing is done before or on September 30,2020.
Hope this information Helps anyone in this region. Email correspondence attached from US Embassy Suva as reference . All the best everyone .

Attachments

• 185C7C0E-2D0C-4087-BE8F-68A443F76949.png
    185C7C0E-2D0C-4087-BE8F-68A443F76949.png
    346.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 7D64A66F-12C5-405E-BFF5-46400230D174.png
    7D64A66F-12C5-405E-BFF5-46400230D174.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 55