• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Were you given any document at the end of your interview which indicates your case was approved?

The letter that I received at the end of the interview mentioned under review however my online case status was updated right at the end of the interview as the card has been produced, and I did receive the I-797 on the 13th of this month which I scanned to my school (which mentions approval notice). On the 8th my case status was updated again from the card has been produced to the case has been approved which stays steady to date.

Hi guys!

I have a weird question, but need your advice. Last week (on Thursday) I got a call from the field officer regarding my biometrics appointment. She sent me an email with invitation to take my fingerprint on July 28th (tomorrow). Next day (on Friday) she sent me the second email saying that I shall ignore her previous email and that she is sorry but she will send me a mail with IL for biometrics for the week of Aug 10th (at least two weeks to wait)... the problem is she asked me to confirm that I got the email and I replied that yes and I will wait for mail.

What do you think, shall I risk and go tomorrow and try to get my fingerprints done or shall I still wait? I am just affraid to piss off the field officer if she knows. @Sm1smom pls advise.

You can give it a shot if you like.

Hi mom,
Thanks for the answer regarding additional biometrics notice.
I did as you told me, I called USCIS (800 number).
They told me that whatever I received, I must attend it and once I arrive I may ask why I need it.
But, I went further and I called my FO (the number that they used to call me), and asked them about this BIO letter.
They checked and then they called me back to say that I can disregard this notice since it was auto-scheduled for me even though, they went faster and create an appointment manually for the same data as an interview.

Go ahead and ignore the notice since your FO has confirmed you’re good.

Hi everyone, I have question about my case. I send my package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox on 7/9, it was received on 7/10. It's been 17 days, my check still not be cashed and no message or text update. Compare to other people's timeline, is that a little bit behind of mine? Should I call USCIS to check my case? I don't have case number yet, will they answer me?

Hey everyone. So as I mentioned before I had an infopass appointment scheduled for me today (and was not sure if that is the interview letter), though it says in the letter that I should bring all supporting documents for my case. So first, it was supposed to be at the Los Angeles Field Office (I double-checked the address), and this morning a lady called me that the location will be changed due to protests happening in the Downtown area and that she will be processing my case. The location was changed to the La Brea ASC that finally opened today so I thought to myself "Oh great they will be able to take my biometrics as well". I arrived on time, and the lady quickly proceeded to take my fingerprints, took my passport, verified some info, and told me that I'm done. I was a bit confused and asked whether this was the interview as well, and she said it is not. She said they just took my fingerprints for the background check, and if they need me for an interview, later on, I will receive a call from USCIS.

A bit strange, considering that the Downtown ASC opened on the 20th, and it is not located in the Field Office building, nor did they make an appointment for me straight to the La Brea ASC which is why I thought this might be my interview. Anyhow, ever since I called Tier 2 and she made the e-request for my case on 23, I received an email that the request was received and 2 hours after that they called me about the Infopass appointment (my biometrics apparently), so I'm pretty sure the e-request speeded up my process.

Will keep updating if anything comes up.

The letter that I received at the end of the interview mentioned under review however my online case status was updated right at the end of the interview as the card has been produced, and I did receive the I-797 on the 13th of this month which I scanned to my school (which mentions approval notice). On the 8th my case status was updated again from the card has been produced to the case has been approved which stays steady to date.

You already received the approval notice on the 17th (after your interview), right? If yes, you can consider that your welcome letter. Ideally, it is always better to wait until one has the actual proof of LPRs status as in the actual GC or I-551 stamp before informing an employer or school of one’s change in status.

You already received the approval notice on the 17th (after your interview), right? If yes, you can consider that your welcome letter. Ideally, it is always better to wait until one has the actual proof of LPRs status as in the actual GC or I-551 stamp before informing an employer or school of one’s change in status.

Thank you mom, Yes the approval letter is on hand received on the 13th, this puts some stress away from my head. I wanted to wait till I had the card on hand but due to the school's deadlines, I took the steep step given I the approval letter was on hand.
I am holding on to let my employer make any changes to my employment status unless I have the card on hand or unrestricted social security (which I have no idea how to process given no in-person service atm as the SSA).
Thank you,

Hi everyone, I have question about my case. I send my package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox on 7/9, it was received on 7/10. It's been 17 days, my check still not be cashed and no message or text update. Compare to other people's timeline, is that a little bit behind of mine? Should I call USCIS to check my case? I don't have case number yet, will they answer me?

No, it is not behind. It is currently taking a bit more for the Lockbox to formally accept cases - they’re having to review a lot more documents now. 17 days is not quite long in that sense. You can call the 1800 number if you like though to see if they’re able to tell you anything about your package.

I just realize the USCIS # on my bio letter is different than my EAD card’s USCIS#, will that be an issue?
I just realize the USCIS # on my bio letter is different than my EAD card’s USCIS#, will that be an issue?

I just got an answer from the guy who took my finger print at the ASC. He reached out to the supervisor and said it should not be an issue. But I was just curious if there is a reason why they are assigning a new USCIS A# to me. My previous EAD cards are for OPT and STEM OPT, and they want me to have a new USCIS A# for my green card?So can someone explain?

I just got an answer from the guy who took my finger print at the ASC. He reached out to the supervisor and said it should not be an issue. But I was just curious if there is a reason why they are assigning a new USCIS A# to me. My previous EAD cards are for OPT and STEM OPT, and they want me to have a new USCIS A# for my green card?So can someone explain?

This is normal. They tend to issue a new A# for permanent status different from that which was previously issued for a non permanent status.

Hi Everyone. No changes for my case, they receive it on June 1st, no bio and no appointment( as of today. Should I give them a call or just wait? What is the phone number that you use to get some info. I tried to call 800 375 5283. Is this is correct number? if so they are asking to enter my case number, when I enter it it tells me the number is incorrect.
Have you received your Notice of Action (NOA) letter? Do you mean receipt number by case number?

Hey everyone. So as I mentioned before I had an infopass appointment scheduled for me today (and was not sure if that is the interview letter), though it says in the letter that I should bring all supporting documents for my case. So first, it was supposed to be at the Los Angeles Field Office (I double-checked the address), and this morning a lady called me that the location will be changed due to protests happening in the Downtown area and that she will be processing my case. The location was changed to the La Brea ASC that finally opened today so I thought to myself "Oh great they will be able to take my biometrics as well". I arrived on time, and the lady quickly proceeded to take my fingerprints, took my passport, verified some info, and told me that I'm done. I was a bit confused and asked whether this was the interview as well, and she said it is not. She said they just took my fingerprints for the background check, and if they need me for an interview, later on, I will receive a call from USCIS.

A bit strange, considering that the Downtown ASC opened on the 20th, and it is not located in the Field Office building, nor did they make an appointment for me straight to the La Brea ASC which is why I thought this might be my interview. Anyhow, ever since I called Tier 2 and she made the e-request for my case on 23, I received an email that the request was received and 2 hours after that they called me about the Infopass appointment (my biometrics apparently), so I'm pretty sure the e-request speeded up my process.

Will keep updating if anything comes up.
I've been looking forward to your update all day :D
Perhaps there's the possibility of approval without an interview, given you were told "if they need [you] for an interview", they'll schedule you in.
Either way, congrats on getting through a big step!

Ignore it!
Hi all and @Sm1smom,
I did call USCIS again and asked about the mistake they have which is showing I did not attend the biometric appointment. As I mentioned I attend a biometric appointment on July 20th, but the service request for biometric which was requested before biometric scheduling, responded that I missed the biometric. I talked with Tier 2 and she put another request for the administrative error. Today I received this message for this request as:

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate that the biometrics appointment you attended was for your pending Form I-131, Application for a Travel Document; however, a Biometrics Appointment has not yet been scheduled for your Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status or Register Permanent Residence, Receipt Number, MSC**** ".

Again I talked with them and I noticed the biometric letter which I attend was just for I-131!!! This is unbelievable since my first biometric for April 1th, which was canceled due to the closure was for both I-131 and I-485. They took my one finger biometric; however, I noticed that the I-485 biometric should be all 10 fingers biometric. So, is there any advice on what should I do? why do I need to attend twice for biometric? Why they did not take all my 10 fingers in the first appointment?

I've been looking forward to your update all day :D
Perhaps there's the possibility of approval without an interview, given you were told "if they need [you] for an interview", they'll schedule you in.
Either way, congrats on getting through a big step!

She did say “They will call you If they need you for an interview. If everything is ok, you might get approved without an interview.”. But I don’t want to be overly positive about such perfect scenario. I’m glad USCIS has shown that DV cases are a priority looking at most people’s stories, so I see that we are all moving one step closer.

Hi all and @Sm1smom,
I did call USCIS again and asked about the mistake they have which is showing I did not attend the biometric appointment. As I mentioned I attend a biometric appointment on July 20th, but the service request for biometric which was requested before biometric scheduling, responded that I missed the biometric. I talked with Tier 2 and she put another request for the administrative error. Today I received this message for this request as:

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate that the biometrics appointment you attended was for your pending Form I-131, Application for a Travel Document; however, a Biometrics Appointment has not yet been scheduled for your Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status or Register Permanent Residence, Receipt Number, MSC**** ".

Again I talked with them and I noticed the biometric letter which I attend was just for I-131!!! This is unbelievable since my first biometric for April 1th, which was canceled due to the closure was for both I-131 and I-485. They took my one finger biometric; however, I noticed that the I-485 biometric should be all 10 fingers biometric. So, is there any advice on what should I do? why do I need to attend twice for biometric? Why they did not take all my 10 fingers in the first appointment?

This is so messed up. Good thing you did not follow the misleading suggestion to ignore the notice! Yes the bio appointment should have captured all of fingers and thumbs prints. You need to get them to reschedule you in this case.

Call again and explain your situation to a level 2 rep. Tell them your original appointment was cancelled due to their office closure. Let them know you attended the subsequent appointment which you got a notification for, but it looks like that was scheduled for just your I-131. Ask the rep to assist with reaching out to the NBC or your FO to ensure you get rescheduled for a new bio appointment.

This is so messed up. Good thing you did not follow the misleading suggestion to ignore the notice! Yes the bio appointment should have captured all of fingers and thumbs prints. You need to get them to reschedule you in this case.

Call again and explain your situation to a level 2 rep. Tell them your original appointment was cancelled due to their office closure. Let them know you attended the subsequent appointment which you got a notification for, but it looks like that was scheduled for just your I-131. Ask the rep to assist with reaching out to the NBC or your FO to ensure you get rescheduled for a new bio appointment.
Thanks for your response. Today, I used this mistake and I was able to convince the FO security to enter and talk with an officer in the FO. I talked with them for a long time but they told me that they cannot help me. They told me, I should wait for NBC to schedule a biometric for me. They told me that my case is in NBC and they should schedule biometric and interview for me.
Do you think this is correct as they told me that NBC should schedule both biometric and interview letters?

Hi, we are in the same page! If you get any update, please share here. Hopefully we will get NOA soon!!