• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I am waiting for a biometric appointment. My area's ASC is reopening today(07/27/2020), yet I have not received a letter. I noticed in the excel sheet that someone from my ASC has already received a biometric appointment. I had sent my application in mid-Feb versus this other person sent out an application in June. Therefore, I know that NBC is scheduling biometric for my area's ASC yet mine is not scheduled.

I tried to expedite my case by calling the USCIS, and I got this notice. I was wondering what I should send to expedite my case. Can I give the reason that DV based cases have sunset provision:

The status of this service request is:

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and must demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are:

Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioners or applicants failure to:
1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
Urgent humanitarian reasons;
Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
Clear USCIS error.

Upon receipt of your request for expeditious handling, your case was reviewed and a determination was made that we need additional information to make a decision regarding your request.

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a quick exciting update I received this morning! After my interview last Wednesday, July 22, and my case being reviewed by KCC, today morning I got an update that the new card is being produced! I'm beyond excited! Thank you Mom for the help on this forum! And good luck to all of you :)

(my interview experience is in post #4789, FO - Santa Ana)

Exciting update indeed. Great way to start the week! Congratulations

I am waiting for a biometric appointment. My area's ASC is reopening today(07/27/2020), yet I have not received a letter. I noticed in the excel sheet that someone from my ASC has already received a biometric appointment. I had sent my application in mid-Feb versus this other person sent out an application in June. Therefore, I know that NBC is scheduling biometric for my area's ASC yet mine is not scheduled.

I tried to expedite my case by calling the USCIS, and I got this notice. I was wondering what I should send to expedite my case. Can I give the reason that DV based cases have sunset provision:

The status of this service request is:

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and must demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are:

Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioners or applicants failure to:
1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
Urgent humanitarian reasons;
Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
Clear USCIS error.

Upon receipt of your request for expeditious handling, your case was reviewed and a determination was made that we need additional information to make a decision regarding your request.

1. Which ASC and FO Do you fall under?
2. Are you saying a service request was submitted by a USCIS rep on your behalf and you subsequently received the above stated status response asking you to justify the expedite request? I couldn’t quite understand your post.

2. Are you saying a service request was submitted by a USCIS rep on your behalf and you subsequently received the above stated status response asking you to justify the expedite request? I couldn’t quite understand your post.

Thank you for your reply.

Answer: ASC: Revere, MA. FO: Boston, MA

Answer: Yes, a service request was submitted by a USCIS rep after I called them, and I got the above response.

Thank you for your reply.

Answer: ASC: Revere, MA. FO: Boston, MA

Answer: Yes, a service request was submitted by a USCIS rep after I called them, and I got the above response.

Okay. Since the response says additional information is required, yes you can respond by referencing the sunset clause applicable to DV cases. You should also reach out to your congress person in addition - looks like your case may be one of those that has fallen between the cracks.

By the way, you should also update the timeline spreadsheet with your progress - everyone benefits when everyone plays their part.

Okay. Since the response says additional information is required, yes you can respond by referencing the sunset clause applicable to DV cases. You should also reach out to your congress person in addition - looks like your case may be one of those that has fallen between the cracks.

By the way, you should also update the timeline spreadsheet with your progress - everyone benefits when everyone plays their part.

Thank you so much for your reply. yes, I will reach out to the congresswoman.

Yes, I will update the timeline spreadsheet.

@alina123 When you said "I got an update...", does my.uscis sends you email/text notification about status update?

What I've seen so far is that My USCIS updates the website once, maybe twice a day (generally in the early morning) and around 6:30 CT it sends text/email message with updates about your case. The site egov.uscis has "instant" updates the moment your case gets updated and it also sends you text/email messages as soon as the update occurs. However, as I mentioned in a previous post, you don't always get the same updates on both sites so I suggest checking both, especially if you're waiting for your IL. I hope this helps!

Hello Mom,
This is a weird question, I am not sure about. There is a form along the biometric letter asking about eye color and hair color. Should we check natural hair color or if dyed? Many thanks!

Hi all,

Some updates:
FO/ASC: San Jose, CA
We have our appointment on 08/03/20.

On the 07/23/20 we got a phone call to come by and do our BIO, we went the same day and completed it without receiving the letter prior to that.

They issued us the letter on the spot in the ASC office, It went smoothly and everyone was nice.

Two days later on 07/25/20, we got BIO letter that's for 08/04/20 (which at this point not relevant).

Our status also changed on the 07/25/20
USCIS case status (status checks without logging in: "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"
MyUSCIS (with account): "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

Hi all,

I have an update. I have received a letter with a biometrics appointment for August 4, one day after my interview which is scheduled for August 3. In the biometrics letter, they basically list several ASCs and say to pick one that works best for me.
However, my name is misspelled on the letter (part of my middle name is cut off, one letter in my last name is incorrect). The A-number and the receipt number on the letter are correct though. @Sm1smom do you think my misspelled name may be an issue when I go in for a biometrics appointment?

Hi all,

I have an update. I have received a letter with a biometrics appointment for August 4, one day after my interview which is scheduled for August 3. In the biometrics letter, they basically list several ASCs and say to pick one that works best for me.
However, my name is misspelled on the letter (part of my middle name is cut off, one letter in my last name is incorrect). The A-number and the receipt number on the letter are correct though. @Sm1smom do you think my misspelled name may be an issue when I go in for a biometrics appointment?

Shouldn’t be an issue, do bring this to their attention though to ensure the necessary corrections get made.

Hi @Sm1smom , just a quick follow up to get some information regarding the welcome letter, I understand there is a huge backlog in GC printing, I, however, have not received a welcome letter (which I thought was NOA letter) just yet, being on F1 and Fall sem reg window closing on the 24th(for my school), I rushed to let my school know abt my approval and changed my course to 100% online (for flexibility) but after receiving my NOA, my school has terminated my F1 status as well(on the 24th), I am just curious does this affect me in any way given I am yet to receive the card on hand or welcome letter. My case was approved on the 7th July and my case status as of 8th July says the case has been approved.
I probably am being paranoid but just looking for some experienced 2nd person suggestion.
Thank you,

Hi @Sm1smom , just a quick follow up to get some information regarding the welcome letter, I understand there is a huge backlog in GC printing, I, however, have not received a welcome letter (which I thought was NOA letter) just yet, being on F1 and Fall sem reg window closing on the 24th(for my school), I rushed to let my school know abt my approval and changed my course to 100% online (for flexibility) but after receiving my NOA, my school has terminated my F1 status as well(on the 24th), I am just curious does this affect me in any way given I am yet to receive the card on hand or welcome letter. My case was approved on the 7th July and my case status as of 8th July says the case has been approved.
I probably am being paranoid but just looking for some experienced 2nd person suggestion.
Thank you,

Were you given any document at the end of your interview which indicates your case was approved?

Hi guys!

I have a weird question, but need your advice. Last week (on Thursday) I got a call from the field officer regarding my biometrics appointment. She sent me an email with invitation to take my fingerprint on July 28th (tomorrow). Next day (on Friday) she sent me the second email saying that I shall ignore her previous email and that she is sorry but she will send me a mail with IL for biometrics for the week of Aug 10th (at least two weeks to wait)... the problem is she asked me to confirm that I got the email and I replied that yes and I will wait for mail.

What do you think, shall I risk and go tomorrow and try to get my fingerprints done or shall I still wait? I am just affraid to piss off the field officer if she knows. @Sm1smom pls advise.

Hi mom,
Thanks for the answer regarding additional biometrics notice.
I did as you told me, I called USCIS (800 number).
They told me that whatever I received, I must attend it and once I arrive I may ask why I need it.
But, I went further and I called my FO (the number that they used to call me), and asked them about this BIO letter.
They checked and then they called me back to say that I can disregard this notice since it was auto-scheduled for me even though, they went faster and create an appointment manually for the same data as an interview.

Hi Everyone. No changes for my case, they receive it on June 1st, no bio and no appointment( as of today. Should I give them a call or just wait? What is the phone number that you use to get some info. I tried to call 800 375 5283. Is this is correct number? if so they are asking to enter my case number, when I enter it it tells me the number is incorrect.