• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I hope you have informed delivery turned on for your old apartment! When I called USCIS last Friday the tier 2 rep told me that if I don’t receive the biometrics letter which was sent out on Thursday, I could contact them to have it emailed. So if you have informed delivery at least you know when to contact.

OP shouldn’t be registering for informed delivery for an address they no longer reside at. I’m sure there’s some sort of law against doing it - if OP succeeds in registering for informed delivery at that address, it means they get to see/monitor all of the new occupant’s mail being delivered. Plus the new occupant will not be able to turn on informed delivery for themselves should they wish to do so.

OP shouldn’t be registering for informed delivery for an address they no longer reside at. I’m sure there’s some sort of law against doing it - if OP succeeds in registering for informed delivery at that address, it means they get to see/monitor all of the new occupant’s mail being delivered. Plus the new occupant will not be able to turn on informed delivery for themselves should they wish to do so.
Yeah there’s some kind of identity and address verification involved otherwise anyone could just scope out anyone else’s mail.

Ok!
This is answer question!
Thanks!

Another question: after that i submittef my document i move in another apt,now i was able to check periodically the mail.in my old apartment as long it was empty,but now it is rent!
I left a message to the new tenants, but maybe they won't call me in case of a letter.
What i should do?
Should i contact the local post office around my old apartment and ask them to hold my mail?rent a mail box there?(i should think about that before,i know!)

Moreover my spouse wrote in the i485 form that his mail adress is his workplace,but USCIS keep going to send him the letter to his fisical address,so our old apt!

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
If you sign up for USPS and fill out change of address form online you can determine, from a specific date on, all letters sent to your old address are being forwarded to your new address.
And also keep in mind that you have to inform USCIS of your address change within 10 days of move-out.

Last edited:
If you sign up for USPS and fill out change of address form online you can determine, from a specific date on, all letters sent to your old address are being forwarded to your new address.
And also keep in mind that you have to inform USCIS of your address change within 10 days of move-out.
Oh thanks i will try that!and yes i informed them!thanks!

Oh thanks i will try that!and yes i informed them!thanks!

USPS will NOT forward any USCIS mail regardless of if one has a mail forwarding service in place or not. USPS is prohibited from doing so, I called this out in my previous response. All other mails will be delivered with the exception of the USCIS addressed mail which will be sent back to USCIS as undeliverable as addressed when there’s a mail forwarding service in place.

Your best bet is to reach out to the new occupant of the old apartment again. Meet them in person, as a matter of fact in order to communicate the urgency involved. Leave them with your full name and a phone number where they can immediately reach you at if any USCIS Mail addressed to you shows up in their mailbox.

How you all doin?

I am a student with F1 visa. I came here at March first. So i was not in US anytime before that. Regarding i944 form i dont know what should i do for the part of tax history. I also dont have an on campus job and i dont have a SSN. so i do not have any credit history too. what should i do about this when i want to report my credit score.

How you all doin?

I am a student with F1 visa. I came here at March first. So i was not in US anytime before that. Regarding i944 form i dont know what should i do for the part of tax history. I also dont have an on campus job and i dont have a SSN. so i do not have any credit history too. what should i do about this when i want to report my credit score.

1. You’ll indicate on the I-944 you have no tax history because you’ve not been eligible to file.
2. You’ll select no credit report and no credit score

Hello @Sm1smom, tomorrow I have my info pass (I guess interview) appointment at the LA FO. Should I mention before the interview that I haven’t done biometrics yet or after? Is the FO aware when someone has gone through biometrics yet or not?
I’ve seen three options happen so far for applicants without biometrics taken. Will update everyone tomorrow.

Thanks!

How you all doin?

1. You’ll indicate on the I-944 you have no tax history because you’ve not been eligible to file.
2. You’ll select no credit report and no credit score
Further to 2. above- page 6 of form I-944 instructs that if you have no credit report, you need to supply proof of this, from a credit agency. I was able to request this from Equifax, over the phone, and from Experian, by uploading a letter (search "Experian consumer upload", on Google- you can submit written requests there). Both took around a week to arrive.

I used the following format, for my letter to Experian, with my passport visa page attached:
[today's date]

[current address]
[address continued]

To: Experian
https://www.experian.com/consumer/upload/

Hi team,

Re: No credit record/score proof requested

I would like to advise that I am completing USCIS Form I-944, and there is a section concerning credit reports, asking to “[p]rovide a credit agency report that demonstrates that you do not have a credit report or score”, as I do not have a Social Security Number.

Further to a phone call with one of your call center representatives, earlier this week, I was advised to provide the following information, to assist with my request:
  • Full name: [name]
  • Date of birth: [DoB]
  • Address: [full address]
  • Copy of visa page of passport (attached).
I confirm that I do not have any other US ID.

Please provide the requested documentation to confirm that I do not have a credit record or score. I understand you send this by post, in which case you may use the address provided above, but if possible, please provide a copy via email, to speed up my application- it would be greatly appreciated: [email address].

Thank you, and kind regards.

[full name]

Hello @Sm1smom, tomorrow I have my info pass (I guess interview) appointment at the LA FO. Should I mention before the interview that I haven’t done biometrics yet or after? Is the FO aware when someone has gone through biometrics yet or not?
I’ve seen three options happen so far for applicants without biometrics taken. Will update everyone tomorrow.

Thanks!

The IO should be able to see in your file (when they look) that the bio is still pending. My suggestion would be to not bring it up before the interview if they didn’t either. If nothing is said at the end of your interview, you can then bring it up.

Hello. My congresswoman's office submitted a congressional inquiry for me on 7/17/2020 and I haven't heard back from the USCIS or the congresswoman's office since. Does anyone have any experience with a congressional inquiry? Would it usually help?

As I mentioned in my previous post, I had completed an interview on 3/6/2020 at SF FO, and the case status is still "Interview Was Completed and Case Must Be Reviewed". I am quite anxious as I am not sure what's causing the delay. I have no criminal or red-flag records (other than J-1 with 2 year residency - I have a waiver, and maybe a few speeding/parking tickets (less than 5) that I updated the interviewer during the interview).

The congresswoman's office said they/I should receive a response within 30 days... Would it help if I consult an attorney? Would they be able to do anything additional?

Hello. My congresswoman's office submitted a congressional inquiry for me on 7/17/2020 and I haven't heard back from the USCIS or the congresswoman's office since. Does anyone have any experience with a congressional inquiry? Would it usually help?

As I mentioned in my previous post, I had completed an interview on 3/6/2020 at SF FO, and the case status is still "Interview Was Completed and Case Must Be Reviewed". I am quite anxious as I am not sure what's causing the delay. I have no criminal or red-flag records (other than J-1 with 2 year residency - I have a waiver, and maybe a few speeding/parking tickets (less than 5) that I updated the interviewer during the interview).

The congresswoman's office said they/I should receive a response within 30 days... Would it help if I consult an attorney? Would they be able to do anything additional?

7/17? That’s like 5 working days ago. A little patience maybe? People do not immediately drop everything else they’re doing when an inquiry comes along. That’s probably why you were told 30 days, I would expect it to be less though. But longer than one workweek, yes.

Thank you again! Will do this tomorrow.

Had a conversation with Tier2, unfortunately, they couldn't find a piece of information about my package in their system, we'd checked by my passport, name/last name, I-94 form number. Nothing.
I'm going to prepare the second package and send it immediately.

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a quick exciting update I received this morning! After my interview last Wednesday, July 22, and my case being reviewed by KCC, today morning I got an update that the new card is being produced! I'm beyond excited! Thank you Mom for the help on this forum! And good luck to all of you :)

(my interview experience is in post #4789, FO - Santa Ana)

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a quick exciting update I received this morning! After my interview last Wednesday, July 22, and my case being reviewed by KCC, today morning I got an update that the new card is being produced! I'm beyond excited! Thank you Mom for the help on this forum! And good luck to all of you :)

(my interview experience is in post #4789)
Congratulations

(my interview experience is in post #4789, FO - Santa Ana)

That's amazing, congratulations!
I have my interview next week in Santa Ana FO as well, but I have not received the biometrics letter yet. Hopefully it won't be an issue.