• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

I got this from AILA after contacting them on my DV issue.
Can anything good come out of this for all of us?

Thank you for reaching out. My litigation partners and I will timely seek to amend our existing complaint to add classes of affected immigrant applicants, including DVs. We will not charge for our services, but will need any plaintiffs to sign a retainer agreement, fill out an intake form, and submit a declaration/affidavit. If you are interested, please let me know. It would be helpful to also provide details of current visa application and nationality if you reply and confirm your willingness to join us.

Talk soon and be well,

mail:litigationaila@aila.org

I replied him I am willing to sign as well. At least, we do something.

Hi, Dv2021 selected here
Has the CN always been used to schedule an interview in the past ? Is it possible that with the ban situation, if they start doing interviews in January, they wont follow the CN but just call people who sent their DS-260 ? (I know that no one can make such a presumption, just wondering if something like that has been done in the past)

Also, since there is a ban til december 31th and this ban could also get extended, do you think people will get notified for an interview in january ? Or will they just wait the confirmation that the ban is down to start schedule interviews ?

Hi, Dv2021 selected here
Has the CN always been used to schedule an interview in the past ? Is it possible that with the ban situation, if they start doing interviews in January, they wont follow the CN but just call people who sent their DS-260 ? (I know that no one can make such a presumption, just wondering if something like that has been done in the past)

Also, since there is a ban til december 31th and this ban could also get extended, do you think people will get notified for an interview in january ? Or will they just wait the confirmation that the ban is down to start schedule interviews ?

1. CN has always been used for interview scheduling and will most likely continued to be used.
2. Wait and see.

A

To benefit of this lawsuit you have to partecipate or if they will win everyone will benefit even if has not partecipate ? Thanks

Yes, the AILA action is a pro bono lawsuit (meaning no charges to the plaintiffs), and is a class action, meaning it will benefit everyone, not just named plaintiffs. The most likely, hopeful outcome would be a fast TRO (temporary Restraining Order) that would immediately block the EO while further arguments could be prepared by both sides. Without wishing to raise too many hopes, I think a suit would have a good chance of achieving a TRO which would at least buy some time. But of course we would then be looking at closed embassies as the biggest immediate problem again for DV2020 winners.

I have emailed AILA this am to make sure they are adding plaintiffs who have the ready for scheduling email in hand, because the government could otherwise argue that the selectee had damaged their own chances and were not harmed by the EO.

The ready for scheduling is ONLY the following email. I am not referring to auto replies or the documents received. JUST this one.

"
Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Interviews for the DV 2020 program will begin in October 2019 and conclude on September 30, 2020. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email listed on your DS-260 to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov, please contact KCCDV@state.gov to confirm all of your documents have been received, and you are ready to be scheduled for an interview.

"

Yes, the AILA action is a pro bono lawsuit (meaning no charges to the plaintiffs), and is a class action, meaning it will benefit everyone, not just named plaintiffs. The most likely, hopeful outcome would be a fast TRO (temporary Restraining Order) that would immediately block the EO while further arguments could be prepared by both sides. Without wishing to raise too many hopes, I think a suit would have a good chance of achieving a TRO which would at least buy some time. But of course we would then be looking at closed embassies as the biggest immediate problem again for DV2020 winners.

I have emailed AILA this am to make sure they are adding plaintiffs who have the ready for scheduling email in hand, because the government could otherwise argue that the selectee had damaged their own chances and were not harmed by the EO.

The ready for scheduling is ONLY the following email. I am not referring to auto replies or the documents received. JUST this one.

"
Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Interviews for the DV 2020 program will begin in October 2019 and conclude on September 30, 2020. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email listed on your DS-260 to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov, please contact KCCDV@state.gov to confirm all of your documents have been received, and you are ready to be scheduled for an interview.

"
Thanks Brit. I have my docs processed since firsts day of March and my 2NL still at Kcc since April. So is it a good thing to me partecipate ?

"

"
It has no legal consequences right?

Hi Britsimon my cn is eu30xxx dv2020 and i have the ready for schedulling email as you are saying. How can i participate, how can i help with something small from my part.
Br

Hi Britsimon my cn is eu30xxx dv2020 and i have the ready for schedulling email as you are saying. How can i participate, how can i help with something small from my part.
Br
Britsimon has done that on behalf of those who had received their congratulations message.

“I have emailed AILA this am to make sure they are adding plaintiffs who have the ready for scheduling email in hand, because the government could otherwise argue that the selectee had damaged their own chances and were not harmed by the EO.”

I haven't reviewed that particular video, but Ernest from EBM does NOT know the subject very well, and is often giving bad information. I have reached out and asked him to correct some of the glaring mistakes I have seen, but he is interested in clicks, not accuracy. Sometimes that leads to him posting "clickbait". That's all.
I noticed that too and stopped following his videos
I disliked that he can do 20 videos in a day of 20 minutes each
Who has the time to follow 400 minutes daily from one blogger

"

"
Hi Brit, their is also a group whose interviews were canceled in March, They are also so many. Please include them

How is it at all possible, that we spend money and time just cause we were selected for DV2020 and they just come out and say "Hey, your money and time that you spent, along with your hopes of gaining your U.S Citizenship as we promised, are now officially gone." Can someone remind me, what's the policy on punching Mr Orange-head in the mouth?

How is it at all possible, that we spend money and time just cause we were selected for DV2020 and they just come out and say "Hey, your money and time that you spent, along with your hopes of gaining your U.S Citizenship as we promised, are now officially gone." Can someone remind me, what's the policy on punching Mr Orange-head in the mouth?

everyone understands your disappointment. But you were never promised anything. Instructions make clear selection is not a guarantee of a visa (much less citizenship).

everyone understands your disappointment. But you were never promised anything. Instructions make clear selection is not a guarantee of a visa (much less citizenship).
Realize that, but my emails say otherwise, I was supposed to have an interview twice and they still cancelled it. It's one thing not getting a visa cause of bad background check (criminal records etc) or failing the medical test, not because the state is supposedly trying to push forth american work-power. This is a process cut in half, I was promised a full process.

Dear Brit and SussieQQQ,
I as well as few other known people who had approved on 12th March and were ought to collect passports were not able to collect passports were not able to collect the passports due to embassy closures. Should we file separately or will AILA law suit cover up for us?
If we are filing cases what procedure should we follow?
Thanks

Realize that, but my emails say otherwise, I was supposed to have an interview twice and they still cancelled it. It's one thing not getting a visa cause of bad background check (criminal records etc) or failing the medical test, not because the state is supposedly trying to push forth american work-power. This is a process cut in half, I was promised a full process.
I have your thoughts too. Yes, is true What Susiie said, no one promise us nothing , but at least to have a normal process as everyone else before us. Dv lottery start 1 October and end 30th September. But our dv is ended in March. This has not been fair too. We have had only 5 months this year . In normal condition I should have had my interview because my Cn is low and my case is full processed. Instead not..