• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

“Sec. 9. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this proclamation shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:”

I don’t understand this section
Does it mean the proclamation can’t be challenged or what?

Exemptions:
The Proclamation will not apply to the following individuals:
• lawful permanent residents;
• spouse or child of a U.S. citizen;
• any individual seeking entry to provide temporary labor essential to the U.S. food supply
chain;
• any individual whose entry would be in the national interest as determined by the Secretary
of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees.
For the purposes of determining who is covered under the “national interest” exemption, the Proclamation directs the Secretaries of State, Labor, and Homeland Security to determine standards for those to whom such an exemption would be available, including any individuals who:
• are critical to the defense, law enforcement, diplomacy, or national security of the United States;
• are involved with the provision of medical care to individuals who have contracted COVID-19 and are currently hospitalized;
• are involved with the provision of medical research at U.S. facilities to help the United States combat COVID-19;
• are necessary to facilitate the immediate and continued economic recovery of the United States; or
• are children who would age out of eligibility for a visa because of this proclamation or Proclamation 10014.

So my concern is why children who would age out but not DV which expires at the end of every fiscal year ?‍♂️

I don't want to be a mood breaker. But we have to face truth. DV visas were included on previous ban. And it just extended. We are done. Now just concern about your health and family. Stay safe. Good luck

Life goes on.
But as I said before, I don’t see any ban for this category, from the proclamation. Stay safe and good health and luck to all of you!

I’m shattered. :( I had hoped and prayed for the best but now we’re here. The worst thing is that I submitted the DS260 which will give me a hard time to get a regular NIV visa in the future. Life can be so unfair because how big are the chances that we’ll ever be selected again? Correct.

I’m shattered. :( I had hoped and prayed for the best but now we’re here. The worst thing is that I submitted the DS260 which will give me a hard time to get a regular NIV visa in the future. Life can be so unfair because how big are the chances that we’ll ever be selected again? Correct.
We all had high hopes. Heck we even argued over nonsense things over and over again in 2020 selectee's subforum. Now in total shock and shattered same as you. at least me. On britismonsays there is a lawyers challenging against this ban. On twitter there is so many people complaining against this ban. Because this ban not just affected we a DV2020 selectees but H1B, J1 and other type of work visas. So our very last chance is that this CHALLENGE to win against this ban. Unless KCC decides to work on dv 2020 selectees even after Dec.31.2020. Because of unfair odds. But this is not likely to happen. Experts says there is a rule. And this rule is they don't work on selectees after fiscal year. /sept.31/. And they have been working like this for 10 years. We agreed this by entering diversity lottery.

We all had high hopes. Heck we even argued over nonsense things over and over again in 2020 selectee's subforum. Now in total shock and shattered same as you. at least me. On britismonsays there is a lawyers challenging against this ban. On twitter there is so many people complaining against this ban. Because this ban not just affected we a DV2020 selectees but H1B, J1 and other type of work visas. So our very last chance is that this CHALLENGE to win against this ban. Unless KCC decides to work on dv 2020 selectees even after Dec.31.2020. Because of unfair odds. But this is not likely to happen. Experts says there is a rule. And this rule is they don't work on selectees after fiscal year. /sept.31/. And they have been working like this for 10 years. We agreed this by entering diversity lottery.
I know and I also took into consideration that my number might not become current. But I never expected a pandemic to ruin the whole situation. It’s not just that I was unable to proceed with my DV case but also that the pandemic affected my life in other parts (obviously not in a positive way). And therefore I was hoping that AT LEAST this will work out for me. :/

I am a new member here and what I can tell is all the information here is very insightful. I should have came here for a long time ago.
Anyway, after Trump announced to suspend issuing green card outside U.S, I’ve got a lot of questions in my mind since DV2020 got impacted directly from his ban.

My case number for DV is 19xxx which normally scheduled to interview this month, in June, and I set the interview for CP. Normally I live in The U.S. as a student (which means I lived in The U.S when Trump first ban issuing green card on April 23rd) but I just left The U.S. 3 days before Trump extended this ban for preparing CP interview in my home country.

Do you guys think do I still have any chance to interview my Visa ? Is it possible that I go back as student to America and adjust status to AOS and get interview before September?

Pls Advise
Thank you in advance

Surprisingly I met this news very calmly, considering how hopeful I was during all this time.

I was such a happy person in February :D I thought I would finally figure my life out and move to the USA. I also met a guy of my dreams. Then pandemic started, the guy left me later, so now I'm sitting and collecting pieces of my broken dreams.

Of course I knew from the beginning that GC was not guaranteed, but there are so many things to think and consider for the process that whether you want or not some kind of plan appears and it's hard to let it go.

But everything happens for a reason. Hopefully future brings something so much better for us that when we look back we think that it's good that we did not get approved this year)

A Man whose grandfather came as an Immigrant from Germany and because of benefits of Immigration those days became the President and he blocks Immigrants what a Paradox ,I think he should have gone deeper with this Immigration thing and put a law to deport 2-3 generations of immigrants to origin Countries, so he would be affected to,and also his wife is an Immigrant who came in the 90-s,”Nephew of the Immigrant and husband of Immigrant who blocks Immigrants” Really if he wins again elections ,I wouldnt want to live there anyway.
Preach

Can @Britsimon go on EBMScholar's channel and comment on his video regarding his speculations on DV2022 being canceled? I know your are extremely busy, Simon. But his information doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes. Sure there is a slim chance that this immigration ban might continue even to there is a change in administration. Nobody knows what will happen at the end of the year but that does not mean the DV will be canceled.

Urgent Call for Additional Plaintiffs for Lawsuit Against the April 22 Proclamation
AILA Doc. No. 20042690 | Dated June 6, 2020
AILA and advocates are in urgent need of additional plaintiffs for our class action lawsuit against the April 22, 2020, Proclamation on behalf of minors who may age out. Please submit any examples and inquiries that you have ASAP.
An applicant for an immigrant visa as the child of a lawful permanent resident who is at risk of “aging-out” of his/her F2A preference under the President’s April 22, 2020, immigrant visa ban;
*Any other applicants for immigrant visas in any preference category at risk of losing his or her place in line for an immigrant visa or eligibility for an immigrant visa under the President’s April 22, 2020, immigrant visa ban*
Please send any examples to AILA’s Director of Litigation Jesse Bless at litigationaila@aila.org.

Urgent Call for Additional Plaintiffs for Lawsuit Against the April 22 Proclamation
AILA Doc. No. 20042690 | Dated June 6, 2020
AILA and advocates are in urgent need of additional plaintiffs for our class action lawsuit against the April 22, 2020, Proclamation on behalf of minors who may age out. Please submit any examples and inquiries that you have ASAP.
An applicant for an immigrant visa as the child of a lawful permanent resident who is at risk of “aging-out” of his/her F2A preference under the President’s April 22, 2020, immigrant visa ban;
*Any other applicants for immigrant visas in any preference category at risk of losing his or her place in line for an immigrant visa or eligibility for an immigrant visa under the President’s April 22, 2020, immigrant visa ban*
Please send any examples to AILA’s Director of Litigation Jesse Bless at litigationaila@aila.org.
Hi,
I joined the group. Not sure if will make any difference, but did it. Are there many of us who have contacted them? How long it will take to go to court? Honestly, as one of us said earlier, if Trump will be reelected ....... I don't want to be led by him :(.

If children aging out have been exempted from the ban, then DV 2020 will also fade out with time and we need justice.