• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

Hi guys. Do you know if it is possible to withdraw ds260 form? I dont wanna show any immigration intent since i have a plan to study there later
I think if you get admission from good school and show you do not have immigration intend with that student visa, it would be possible to have a student visa future.

Hello everyone,

I always follow this tread but I have never posted. It a sad news for us all but never lose hope because we have seen in the past Trump's immigration laws being denied by the Supreme court.
Let me tell you my situation if anyone can give me some advice:
I am currently living in the US on pending asylum and I have been told that my chance is very low if not zero to adjust my status in the US. So I changed my case to CP and wanted to do that in a third country since I can't go back to my country. I get my Advanced parole and waiting for my interview to be scheduled. I think the proclamation doesn't affect me since I live in the US the day the proclamation was out and I have my advanced parole document to return back to the US. I wanted to ask if you guys think is possible for me to do so?? or should I change it to AOS and give it a shot?

Are you currently outside the US?

Indeed it's a sad day for dv 2020

I am a valid DV1 Visa holder which expires early August, I'm still to activate my trip and my country which is Cameroon currently has closed boarders.

So is it safe to travel by road to any other neighbouring country with open boarders to take a flight? Is it gonna complicate or implicate me at the POE?

Indeed it's a sad day for dv 2020

I am a valid DV1 Visa holder which expires early August, I'm still to activate my trip and my country which is Cameroon currently has closed boarders.

So is it safe to travel by road to any other neighbouring country with open boarders to take a flight? Is it gonna complicate or implicate me at the POE?
You can do that. Just make sure you do not travel through one of the countries affected by the other travel ban (schengen, UK, Ireland, Brazil, China) - even just in transit at an airport, or they won’t let you board the plane. If you can fly direct from elsewhere in Africa you should be fine.

You can do that. Just make sure you do not travel through one of the countries affected by the other travel ban (schengen, UK, Ireland, Brazil, China) - even just in transit at an airport, or they won’t let you board the plane. If you can fly direct from elsewhere in Africa you should be fine.
Ok thanks.

No, I live in the US.

So if you’re planning on going off to attend a CP interview, assuming KCC schedules one, and the embassy is open, the EO definitely affects you considering you’ll not be returning to the US on your approved AP regardless of when it was issued.

So if you’re planning on going off to attend a CP interview, assuming KCC schedules one, and the embassy is open, the EO definitely affects you considering you’ll not be returning to the US on your approved AP regardless of when it was issued.
Why do u think the EO definitely applies to me?? I dont think it applies to me because pursuant to Section 2(a)(iii) of the proclamation, "The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall apply only to aliens who: [...] do not have an official travel document other than a visa (such as a transportation letter, an appropriate boarding foil, or an advance parole document) that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation or issued on any date thereafter that permits him or her to travel to the United States and seek entry or admission”.

Why do u think the EO definitely applies to me?? I dont think it applies to me because pursuant to Section 2(a)(iii) of the proclamation, "The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall apply only to aliens who: [...] do not have an official travel document other than a visa (such as a transportation letter, an appropriate boarding foil, or an advance parole document) that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation or issued on any date thereafter that permits him or her to travel to the United States and seek entry or admission”.

you won’t be trying to seek entry with your advance parole document (or anyway if you do, you are still on asylum status). But anyway the immigrant visa you want to enter with won’t exist because the embassies will not be issuing DV visas while there is a ban on issuance.

you won’t be trying to seek entry with your advance parole document (or anyway if you do, you are still on asylum status). But anyway the immigrant visa you want to enter with won’t exist because the embassies will not be issuing DV visas while there is a ban on issuance.
But one of the other conditions is the the proclamation only applies to people who are outside the US on the effective date of the proclamation (which for immigrants is actually April 23). So if he was in the US on that date, it should not affect him even if he goes outside the US to do CP.

But one of the other conditions is the the proclamation only applies to people who are outside the US on the effective date of the proclamation (which for immigrants is actually April 23). So if he was in the US on that date, it should not affect him even if he goes outside the US to do CP.
The big assumption for that to work is that KCC will schedule him for a DV interview in a third country, when no DV visas are being issued. I just can’t see either KCC or the embassy making an exception because he was in the US at the time - and that’s even before considering embassies don't usually schedule immigrant visa interviews for people not resident in their countries (I know it has helped on occasion, but it’s extremely rare). In addition to that, the actual wording of the EO says the effective date of the visa has to be before 23 April (this is the EO that was extended so that date remains the cut off afaik). If you can see a way around all this, I’d be interested to hear?

In addition to that, the actual wording of the EO says the effective date of the visa has to be before 23 April (this is the EO that was extended so that date remains the cut off afaik). If you can see a way around all this, I’d be interested to hear?
It doesn't. The proclamation says that the scope of the suspension only applies to aliens who meet all of the following 3 conditions (the word "and" joins them):
1) They are outside the US on the effective date of the proclamation,
2) They do not have an immigrant visa valid on the effective date of the proclamation, and
3) They do not have an official travel document...

That means if ANY of the 3 conditions is not true (e.g. if the person is inside the US on the effective date of the proclamation OR if they have an immigrant visa), the proclamation does not apply.

It doesn't. The proclamation says that the scope of the suspension only applies to aliens who meet all of the following 3 conditions (the word "and" joins them):
1) They are outside the US on the effective date of the proclamation,
2) They do not have an immigrant visa valid on the effective date of the proclamation, and
3) They do not have an official travel document...

That means if ANY of the 3 conditions is not true (e.g. if the person is inside the US on the effective date of the proclamation OR if they have an immigrant visa), the proclamation does not apply.
Thank you for clarifying. That's what I though and other than being present in the US on the day of proclamation, I also have an official travel document.