• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

the thing is that, DV lottery winners don't start work immediately they go to America, it takes time for their paperwork and green card to be ready so why won't they be exempted from this ban
Because he hates dv lottery and his goal , from when he has been elected since 2016, is delete this lottery . So now, he has the power to block it and simply .. block it! That’s it

Assuming everything start again without problems at January, do you think embassies are capable of issuing 55k dv lottery visas until the end of fiscal year?

Gents ,
Anyone have already call KCC to find out if really dv cases are affected and if it is possible to fight to push deadline after 31 Dec 2020 ? Maybe ...
I know that this is law but we are in exception , the same exception who allow the president to halt dv because of particularly of covid , this same exception can allow stakeholders to push deadlines. Why not ? Very and very and very sad !!!

Life goes on.
But as I said before, I don’t see any ban for this category, from the proclamation. Stay safe and good health and luck to all of you!
The proclamation does not list the banned categories. Everything is banned except the exceptions listed. So if DV is not listed as an exception, it is banned.

DV2020 winner, whos interview been rescheduled (from Ukraine) wrote to the embassy. He has been told that processing of DV is prohibited by proclamation now.

Assuming everything start again without problems at January, do you think embassies are capable of issuing 55k dv lottery visas until the end of fiscal year?
Probably not. It’s possible the smaller less busy consulates might be able to get a full years worth in but probably not the bigger busier ones. Remember literally hundreds of thousands of other immigrant visas are also affected by the ban and will be in backlog too.

Please dear colleagues on this platform,let us all exercise some patients as we wait for possible lawsuit to stop the ban. AILA just said they are amending their lawsuit to include Dv cases. So lets remain calm and join the various lawsuits we can. Maybe something good will come out from it.

Please dear colleagues on this platform,let us all exercise some patients as we wait for possible lawsuit to stop the ban. AILA just said they are amending their lawsuit to include Dv cases. So lets remain calm and join the various lawsuits we can. Maybe something good will come out from it.
Hey that's is good. Send me the link info some reading

Does this mean that the ds260 forms and the required documents will still be processed by KCC?
Only the interviews will be suspended?
If it's the case, it's a good news for dv2021.
Thanks for your answer.

Yes. KCC is already DV2021 selectees to send in their documents.

I am a new member here and what I can tell is all the information here is very insightful. I should have came here for a long time ago.
Anyway, after Trump announced to suspend issuing green card outside U.S, I’ve got a lot of questions in my mind since DV2020 got impacted directly from his ban.

My case number for DV is 19xxx which normally scheduled to interview this month, in June, and I set the interview for CP. Normally I live in The U.S. as a student (which means I lived in The U.S when Trump first ban issuing green card on April 23rd) but I just left The U.S. 3 days before Trump extended this ban for preparing CP interview in my home country.

Do you guys think do I still have any chance to interview my Visa ? Is it possible that I go back as student to America and adjust status to AOS and get interview before September?

Pls Advise
Thank you in advance

Answered on DV2020 AOS thread.

Hi everyone! We are all trying not to lose hope. Does anyone know of a meeting that will take place in Atlanta on July 3? They say much depends on the desicions related with DV 2020 to be made there...??

I got this from AILA after contacting them on my DV issue.
Can anything good come out of this for all of us?

Thank you for reaching out. My litigation partners and I will timely seek to amend our existing complaint to add classes of affected immigrant applicants, including DVs. We will not charge for our services, but will need any plaintiffs to sign a retainer agreement, fill out an intake form, and submit a declaration/affidavit. If you are interested, please let me know. It would be helpful to also provide details of current visa application and nationality if you reply and confirm your willingness to join us.

Talk soon and be well,

mail:litigationaila@aila.org

Can @Britsimon go on EBMScholar's channel and comment on his video regarding his speculations on DV2022 being canceled? I know your are extremely busy, Simon. But his information doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes. Sure there is a slim chance that this immigration ban might continue even to there is a change in administration. Nobody knows what will happen at the end of the year but that does not mean the DV will be canceled.

I haven't reviewed that particular video, but Ernest from EBM does NOT know the subject very well, and is often giving bad information. I have reached out and asked him to correct some of the glaring mistakes I have seen, but he is interested in clicks, not accuracy. Sometimes that leads to him posting "clickbait". That's all.

Hi everyone! We are all trying not to lose hope. Does anyone know of a meeting that will take place in Atlanta on July 3? They say much depends on the desicions related with DV 2020 to be made there...??
What are u talking about? What meeting?

A
I got this from AILA after contacting them on my DV issue.
Can anything good come out of this for all of us?

Thank you for reaching out. My litigation partners and I will timely seek to amend our existing complaint to add classes of affected immigrant applicants, including DVs. We will not charge for our services, but will need any plaintiffs to sign a retainer agreement, fill out an intake form, and submit a declaration/affidavit. If you are interested, please let me know. It would be helpful to also provide details of current visa application and nationality if you reply and confirm your willingness to join us.

Talk soon and be well,

mail:litigationaila@aila.org
To benefit of this lawsuit you have to partecipate or if they will win everyone will benefit even if has not partecipate ? Thanks

Probably not. It’s possible the smaller less busy consulates might be able to get a full years worth in but probably not the bigger busier ones. Remember literally hundreds of thousands of other immigrant visas are also affected by the ban and will be in backlog too.

I see, I think we should also expect some regions will have more traffic/queue than other ones, considering other visas too.

Seems like right now, our biggest hope is Supreme Court.