• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

No you did not “ask”. All you did was post a screenshot of a response from Simon’s blog. You did not include any question with the screenshot which is why it was deleted.

The screenshot about that lawsuit was not DV related, it wasn’t informing anyone (least of all me) about any new news. It was an irrelevant news, hence the deletion.

Don’t jump and post every single immigration related item you come across here, they lead to more confusion as against enlightenment.
No you did not “ask”. All you did was post a screenshot of a response from Simon’s blog. You did not include any question with the screenshot which is why it was deleted.

The screenshot about that lawsuit was not DV related, it wasn’t informing anyone (least of all me) about any new news. It was an irrelevant news, hence the deletion.

Don’t jump and post every single immigration related item you come across here, they lead to more confusion as against enlightenment.
OK

My CN is AF56xxx
In my experience it’s not weird that someone with a Cn higher than yours (60k) has received the email of processed Documents before than you.
Also when I have received mine ( middle of March) with Cn 27k in EU, there is someone with 30k that received the email firsts days of March.
I don’t know in what order kcc decide to process documents, but also in my case kcc processed them before me, even if my Cn was lower than their. So it’s not weird at all. Even before of pandemic they did that. And I sent all my documents in October and my DS260 on May 2019. So it was not my fault or my delays.
I am sure that you will receive your email too, wait !! :)

I am trying to check my visa status and it won´t allow me to do it so. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?
I´ve tried several times already throughout the day.

So my visa is expired, I contacted the consulate and this has been their answer...

We are currently not able to re-issue diversity visas due to the Presidential Proclamation. Please monitor our website in the future for more information.

Regards,

Naples Visa Unit

Hopefully the EO will not be extended

ok, if you qualify sure you can apply. Not sure if having submitted a DS260 will be an issue because of immigrant intent, only one way to find out. You do realize you may be abandoning your DV chances by doing this if successful though? (I know it’s hard to judge how serious that is right now without knowing yet if the EO will be extended)
Does getting a non-immigrant visa jeopardize an immigrant visa?

Does getting a non-immigrant visa jeopardize an immigrant visa?

No, but in this instance it would imply the poster I responded to moving to the US quite soon before fiscal year end, so in a time frame that might be too late to change to AOS and so lose out.

Hi. CN ***EU*** 51*** First, I filed F 260 through the CP. In the light of closed borders. I wanted to switch CP to AOS.
1) I was on visa f -1. In December 2019 I graduated and applied for OPT. So far they have not given an answer due COVID (answer from phone).
2. Can I enroll again and continue my status on F-1 in case of refusal in opt in another school?
3. If I now will start the status change process - will I have time to complete it by September. I have not yet notified KCC of the intention to change the procedure.
4. While studying, I had work at UBER, opened transportation company. I paid taxes. Whether this will be considered not legal work?
5 What are the chances of an AOS ?
Thank you for the answers.

Hi. CN ***EU*** 51*** First, I filed F 260 through the CP. In the light of closed borders. I wanted to switch CP to AOS.
1) I was on visa f -1. In December 2019 I graduated and applied for OPT. So far they have not given an answer due COVID (answer from phone).
2. Can I enroll again and continue my status on F-1 in case of refusal in opt in another school?
3. If I now will start the status change process - will I have time to complete it by September. I have not yet notified KCC of the intention to change the procedure.
4. While studying, I had work at UBER, opened transportation company. I paid taxes. Whether this will be considered not legal work?
5 What are the chances of an AOS ?
Thank you for the answers.
Please use the AOS Thread for your question.

So my visa is expired, I contacted the consulate and this has been their answer...

We are currently not able to re-issue diversity visas due to the Presidential Proclamation. Please monitor our website in the future for more information.

Regards,

Naples Visa Unit

I‘m really sorry to hear that and I hope that you‘ll still get your opportunity!

Regards,

Naples Visa Unit

That's very sad. I hope they will find out some solution for you.

Regards,

Naples Visa Unit

Why is anyone surprised? That is exactly as advised. It simply means you should apply after the visa has expired, and after the ban expires.

In my experience it’s not weird that someone with a Cn higher than yours (60k) has received the email of processed Documents before than you.
Also when I have received mine ( middle of March) with Cn 27k in EU, there is someone with 30k that received the email firsts days of March.
I don’t know in what order kcc decide to process documents, but also in my case kcc processed them before me, even if my Cn was lower than their. So it’s not weird at all. Even before of pandemic they did that. And I sent all my documents in October and my DS260 on May 2019. So it was not my fault or my delays.
I am sure that you will receive your email too, wait !! :)
I am not saying it weird a higher case number received an email confirmation before me . It is weird that the same day I called the KCC and they told I should wait because the haven't reach my number in processing , someone with a higher CN received their confirmation .
Waiting is the only option available now . So yea , we are waiting , and ready to accept whatever the outcome will be at the end of the day .

A guy with AF64k CN got his documents confirmation email today. I'M wondering now why they started to send Confirmations for high case numbers with not much time left for scheduling all the cases. How are they going to deal with that? Are they planning to send 2nls this month?

Attachments

• 20200604_161851.jpg
    20200604_161851.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 75
A guy with AF64k CN got his documents confirmation email today. I'M wondering now why they started to send Confirmations for high case numbers with not much time left for scheduling all the cases. How are they going to deal with that? Are they planning to send 2nls this month?
I don't know why they started sending the emails documents but it is a good sign. Why would they send these emails if there is any hope that they will reopen the embassies

It will be interesting when did he send his documents