• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I contacted my local embassy and they claim the reopening depends on when the travel ban is lifted. I know Europe will lift their ban on June 15th. Any idea what the US is planning on doing?

I contacted my local embassy and they claim the reopening depends on when the travel ban is lifted. I know Europe will lift their ban on June 15th. Any idea what the US is planning on doing?
I’ve read that US is planning to close their border for an indefinitely period of time

What ban? The ban on immigrant visa issuance?

I think Walt means the European Schengen ban Trump initiated after spikes in certain schengen countries

That’s not a total ban as such, as it is dependent only on physical presence in schengen. It’s circumventable by being present in a non affected country for 14 days before entering US. Someone on another forum has just done exactly that after a pleasant two week vacation in Mexico.
Not sure that is what the embassy meant. The IV ban makes more sense to me in context. Perhaps Walt can tell us if they specified which ban was referred to.

That’s not a total ban as such, as it is dependent only on physical presence in schengen. It’s circumventable by being present in a non affected country for 14 days before entering US. Someone on another forum has just done exactly that after a pleasant two week vacation in Mexico.
Not sure that is what the embassy meant. The IV ban makes more sense to me in context. Perhaps Walt can tell us if they specified which ban was referred to.
They did not specify which travel ban unfortunately.

European Union is due to lift the travel ban on june 14 or 15th, but it's unsure if this will apply even to the US. This means that if the ban to enter the US still active at that time you can spend 14 days in a non EU country or non schengen country like balkans, Romania or turkey for example.

European Union is due to lift the travel ban on june 14 or 15th, but it's unsure if this will apply even to the US. This means that if the ban to enter the US still active at that time you can spend 14 days in a non EU country or non schengen country like balkans, Romania or turkey for example.
June 15th is supposed to be the date to open up for international travel (other than non-essential). From June 1st European domestic flights will start to pick up as they opening some borders and allow people to go on vacations.

That depends on when embassies reopen. There are no guarantees here - there are no predictions. Everything is up in the air, and much as we would like to, we cannot control it.
Somehow Embassy at KTM granted 8 visas during the month of April when they were closed. Not sure how. Ambassador still in Kathmandu, they are chartering another flight to US via Qatar airways next week if any US citizen wants to return. COVID cases are rising daily in Nepal. Country is locked down for another 15 days.