• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Finally, our AOS package is ready to go. Instead of cover letter I've printed list of enclosed items for each applicant, indicating details of principle applicant on top of each.

AOS-Package-20200328c.jpg

Just want to clarify with the payment again (I know I asked previously). So, we have 1 principle applicant and 3 derivatives (2 adults and 2 kids under 13). Please correct me if I'm wrong, personal checks will be as following:
Filling fee: 2 x $1,225 plus 2 x $750 plus
Form I-485: 4 x $1,140 plus
Biometrics fee: 4 x $85

Is it preferable to write separate checks (indicating each amount) or just sum up as one check?

Thank you.

Finally, our AOS package is ready to go. Instead of cover letter I've printed list of enclosed items for each applicant, indicating details of principle applicant on top of each.

View attachment 1547

Just want to clarify with the payment again (I know I asked previously). So, we have 1 principle applicant and 3 derivatives (2 adults and 2 kids under 13). Please correct me if I'm wrong, personal checks will be as following:

Is it preferable to write separate checks (indicating each amount) or just sum up as one check?

Thank you.

I've clarified regarding the fees, in my case:
Form I-485 filling fee: 2 x $1,140 plus 2 x $750 plus
Biometrics: 2 x $85

Thank you.

I've clarified regarding the fees, in my case:
Form I-485 filling fee: 2 x $1,140 plus 2 x $750 plus
Biometrics: 2 x $85

Thank you.

Filing Fee:
Adult (14 - 78 years old) = $1,225 per person
Children (under 14, and filing with parent) = $750 per person

No need for the additional complications of trying to separate the bio fee from the I-485 fee. Write one check per person for the applicable amount.

Filing Fee:
Adult (14 - 78 years old) = $1,225 per person
Children (under 14, and filing with parent) = $750 per person

No need for the additional complications of trying to separate the bio fee from the I-485 fee. Write one check per person for the applicable amount.
Thank you very much Sm1smom. Can the derivative applicant (husband) write checks per each person? I mean, does it matter who writes the checks?

Last edited:
Thank you very much Sm1smom. Can the derivative applicant (husband) write checks per each person? I mean, does it matter who writes the checks?

Who writes or issues the check doesn’t matter. As a matter of fact the check can be written by a friend or a distant relative (and chargeable to their account), it makes no difference as long as there’s enough money in the account to cover the issued check(s).

I may rethink sending in my AOS application to USCIS in the wake of this crazy situation we are in.
Does paying DV administrative fee in itself and receiving 2nd notification from KCC without submitting DS-260 implie immigration intent?

I may rethink sending in my AOS application to USCIS in the wake of this crazy situation we are in.
Does paying DV administrative fee in itself and receiving 2nd notification from KCC without submitting DS-260 implie immigration intent?

Yes it can be successfully argued that DV administrative fee payment alone constitutes an immigrant intent declaration.

Hi, I have a quick question.
I'm preparing AOS package and I found that only Principle applicant needs I-944 (according to the spreadsheet).
However, when I read the I-944 instruction from USCIS said "
In general, each applicant who submits Form I-485 must submit his or her own Form I-944 if the applicant is subject to
the public charge ground of inadmissibility".

Should my spouse and I both need to include I-944 in our package?

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I have a quick question.
I'm preparing AOS package and I found that only Principle applicant needs I-944 (according to the spreadsheet).
However, when I read the I-944 instruction from USCIS said "
In general, each applicant who submits Form I-485 must submit his or her own Form I-944 if the applicant is subject to
the public charge ground of inadmissibility".

Should my spouse and I both need to include I-944 in our package?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, each applicant needs to include the I-944.

My case number is current in April and I just came to know that I too need to pay DV administrative fee, Can I pay it online and get the receipt? How long does it takes to get the receipt for DV administrative fee?

My case number is current in April and I just came to know that I too need to pay DV administrative fee, Can I pay it online and get the receipt? How long does it takes to get the receipt for DV administrative fee?

1. All information completed below.
  2. A cashier’s check or postal money order for the correct Diversity Visa Lottery Fee Payment, with the DV case number noted on the cashier’s check or money order. You, the selectee in the United States, must pay the diversity visa fee for yourself and for each member of your immediate family also in the United States who plans to adjust status with you here.
  3. A self-addressed stamped envelope.

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

DV Program Case Number: _____________________________________
Selectee Surname _____________________________________________
Selectee Given Name __________________________________________
Address ______________________________________________________
City: State: Zip Code: __________________________________________
Payment for ____________ persons adjusting status in the U.S. (Number of Persons)
Total Amount enclosed ____________________ (Fee amount times the number of persons adjusting status in the U.S.)

No, you cannot make the DV administrative fee payment online. You really should have spent some time going over the AOS process spreadsheet which you were referred to as far back as May 17th, 2019!

View attachment 1547

Thank you.

Hope you included form I-944 with each I-485 petition, and not just with that of the principal applicant only.

Thanks Mom!
My spouse doesn't have income but she is a derivative applicant. On her I-944, is there any problem if she put zero income?

Thank you very much!

Your spouse will list zero for her income, if she earns no income in Section 3 Part 1A. She’ll list your income and information in part 1B.

Hi, Sorry to have so many questionso_O
I'm in F-1 opt and just got the EAD card. My spouse had an old EAD card 5 years ago when she was F-1 opt.
Question:
Should both of us need to have the EAD card photocopies in our package?

Thanks again!

Hi, Sorry to have so many questionso_O
I'm in F-1 opt and just got the EAD card. My spouse had an old EAD card 5 years ago when she was F-1 opt.
Question:
Should both of us need to have the EAD card photocopies in our package?

Thanks again!

Yes you should include those.

1. All information completed below.
  2. A cashier’s check or postal money order for the correct Diversity Visa Lottery Fee Payment, with the DV case number noted on the cashier’s check or money order. You, the selectee in the United States, must pay the diversity visa fee for yourself and for each member of your immediate family also in the United States who plans to adjust status with you here.
  3. A self-addressed stamped envelope.

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

DV Program Case Number: _____________________________________
Selectee Surname _____________________________________________
Selectee Given Name __________________________________________
Address ______________________________________________________
City: State: Zip Code: __________________________________________
Payment for ____________ persons adjusting status in the U.S. (Number of Persons)
Total Amount enclosed ____________________ (Fee amount times the number of persons adjusting status in the U.S.)

Can I send my package now and take the receipt on interview?

Mom, do you think it's necessary to highlight certain things in the documents to aid USCIS in connecting the dots between the numbers written in the form and the actual evidence? For example, we need to provide evidence of health insurance annual deductible. I'm providing the insurance plan brochure as evidence, but it might be difficult for them to locate that information within the brochure, which is why I'm thinking of highlighting it. What do you think?