• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Do you think there is a chance they may issue green cards to us with no interviews?
In my opinion no, unless the USCIS inform them to do it. But i don t think they are going to consider Dv program because just a small % of adjustment are based on this program

But if we already sent our applications to uscis, they must give us an answer until September 30 anyway, right? Or they can just ignore it, time expires and case is closed?

But if we already sent our applications to uscis, they must give us an answer until September 30 anyway, right? Or they can just ignore it, time expires and case is closed?

There’s no law that says USCIS “must” adjudicate pending DV petitions on or before the end of the applicable FY. They are however aware of the time limit DV based petitions are constrained by and they try to accommodate that most of the time. Any case not adjudicated by Sept. 30th will eventually get a denial notice after that date.

Is there a right to appeal in case of Denial?

Yes one may have grounds for appealing a denied AOS petition, it all depends on why the petition was denied in the first place. If you’re specifically asking about appealing a denied DV based AOS petition due to the sunset factor, then no you can not appeal that. Well, actually you can appeal the decision if you like (and can afford the associated fees), BUT the appeal will subsequently get denied also. The sunset factor of Sept. 30th is based on set laws, it can’t be arbitrarily waived or overcome.

Hi Mom, I have some doubts regarding the form I-944 in my situation.

As I mentioned before I'm a F1 student and I'm in a master's degree program. I'm not employed, currently my parents are paying for my education so I don't have an income, I don't have any assets or resources under my name except for my savings. I previously graduated with a bachelors degree in the US back in 2015 and I worked fulltime during my OPT period and filled my taxes (I still have my documents with me). I'm not sure how to file out this form. Just in case I'm going to get in contact with a lawyer about this, I just want a second opinion.

Another thing is that I'm trying to get a medical exam with a Civil Surgeon but sadly the CS that did it last year won't do it until May due the situation of the COVID-19. The other problem is that other CS in the list either are only attending their own patients for the virus or are not covered by my insurance.

As I mentioned before I'm a F1 student and I'm in a master's degree program. I'm not employed, currently my parents are paying for my education so I don't have an income, I don't have any assets or resources under my name except for my savings. I previously graduated with a bachelors degree in the US back in 2015 and I worked fulltime during my OPT period and filled my taxes (I still have my documents with me). I'm not sure how to file out this form. Just in case I'm going to get in contact with a lawyer about this, I just want a second opinion.

Another thing is that I'm trying to get a medical exam with a Civil Surgeon but sadly the CS that did it last year won't do it until May due the situation of the COVID-19. The other problem is that other CS in the list either are only attending their own patients for the virus or are not covered by my insurance.

Read I-944 instruction form. It explains questions in a more detailed way.

Medical exam by civil surgeon for the purpose of immigration is normally not covered by insurance.

Hiring a lawyer to fill out the I-944 with the information you’ll be providing him/her is simply a waste of time and money IMO. All you’ll be paying for is for transcribing services, which I don’t see a reason for. If you read the instructions already provided with the form, there’s no reason as to why you can’t fill it on your own with your own applicable information - there’s no magic any lawyer can perform with it form.

It is possible to submit the AOS package without the medical report. There’s a slight risk of package rejection by the Chicago Lockbox if the package ends up in front of a newbie processor (this is a very, very slight risk but worth it IMO), you simply re-file if that were to happen - the medical report if not originally included with the AOS package can be taken along to the interview.

I have read other forums, and since yesterday people started to write that they have got interview waivers.
I just try to hope for the best!