• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I’ve never known any US government form to take anywhere near the estimated time burden. I’d love to know how they calculate those!
Hehe I actually found an official document explaining how it's calculated... will upload it tomorrow, it's already WAY past my bedtime ;)

Congrats! As far as I can tell, as long as you move over well within 12 months of first activation trip you should be fine - but that's from reading rather than actual experience so don't quote me...

Random question - did you have to submit documents via email? Been seeing all these messages from people sending their documents to KCC, whilst my DS260 confirmation page specifically stated: "You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center."

Wondering if this is a region thing.
Yes I submitted it by email!

2NL is usually required before medical appointment can be scheduled.

So I have to do to it in the following order:
1. Apply for J1 internship and wait for approval
2. Send out DS260 + additional Documents
3. Get 2NL
4. Get medical certificate
5. Start the internship
6. Fly back to Europe for 2 weeks for the interview + visa stemp
7. Go back on a GreenCard

Does this work?

3. Get 2NL
5. Start the internship

Does this work?

There’s a lot of assumptions being made here, I don’t know if your plan will work.

3. Get 2NL
5. Start the internship

Does this work?

You can have absolutely no idea at this stage if 3, 4 and 5 will happen in the order you want.

Also, re your previous post of
2. Feb/March apply for J1 visa with multiple entries (perhaps the company moves a bit slower and won't start the visa process till April/May)
3. March/April send in documents (can only do it after I got the J1 visa)
4. Go to the US to start the internship (
June)

I have to ask, are you willing to jeopardize your green card for the sake of the J1 internship? What if the company only starts the J1 process in April/May? You will delay DS260 etc till then so it only gets processed in June, or maybe July as KCC will be dealing with emails as they come in and be inundated with the DV2021 applicants by that stage? If you don’t have an interview scheduled by end July (latest scheduling date for Sept interview), that’s likely the end of the road for you. Saw that with some people this year.

Last edited:
Not yet. I should be interviewed very early in December per my CN but they haven’t even processed my documents yet.
You cannot say you should be interviewed in early or late for the month you are current - In my case there were people with lower CNs that were interviewed after me (same Embassy)
Additionally, if your documents have not yet been processed it is unlikely you will get a December interview, probably January

Hi all,
Congratulations to all selectees!!! I received the mail from KCC that I was selected, but I couldn't find my confirmation code. I've tried to find by using "forget confirmation number" many times, even reopen the webpage, but it still showed invalid. Can anyone help? Or do I really need the confirmation number to go through the process? or only case number is fine?

Hi all,
Congratulations to all selectees!!! I received the mail from KCC that I was selected, but I couldn't find my confirmation code. I've tried to find by using "forget confirmation number" many times, even reopen the webpage, but it still showed invalid. Can anyone help? Or do I really need the confirmation number to go through the process? or only case number is fine?

How will you get your case number without a confirmation code? Anyway yes you need it to access the selection and interview letters. Are you sure you followed all steps correctly, including US format for birthday if that is asked?

You cannot say you should be interviewed in early or late for the month you are current - In my case there were people with lower CNs that were interviewed after me (same Embassy)
Additionally, if your documents have not yet been processed it is unlikely you will get a December interview, probably January
I thought if the CN Is current for the month, I should get the interview for that month given that I submitted my docs . I submitted my docs on Aug 13 when they asked for , I inquired 2 weeks ago that they said they haven’t received it even though they sent the confirmation of receipt of email . I again submitted on Oct 11 and am hoping I will get the December interview date.

I thought if the CN Is current for the month, I should get the interview for that month given that I submitted my docs . I submitted my docs on Aug 13 when they asked for , I inquired 2 weeks ago that they said they haven’t received it even though they sent the confirmation of receipt of email . I again submitted on Oct 11 and am hoping I will get the December interview date.
You will only get an interview scheduled if your number is current AND your DS-260 has been processed AND your documents have been processed by KCC.
You will receive an email from KCC advising that your documents have been processed successfully and that you are now ready to be scheduled for an interview. By sending your docs on Oct 11 you are unlikely to receive an December interview as KCC will not have had enough time to process them and get you scheduled.

How will you get your case number without a confirmation code? Anyway yes you need it to access the selection and interview letters. Are you sure you followed all steps correctly, including US format for birthday if that is asked?
The email requesting for documents has the case number so even the guys who hadn't accessed their edv page for 1NL now know their confirmation numbers
But the ds260 has to be accessed by both the case and confirmation number plus dates of birth
I wonder how people apply and forget their birth dates and surname which helps in retrieving a lost confirmation number

The email requesting for documents has the case number so even the guys who hadn't accessed their edv page for 1NL now know their confirmation numbers
But the ds260 has to be accessed by both the case and confirmation number plus dates of birth
I wonder how people apply and forget their birth dates and surname which helps in retrieving a lost confirmation number

That’s a bit sloppy security wise of KCC, in my opinion. The whole point of “hiding” case numbers behind confirmation numbers originally was to prevent interception of emails leading to personal details being easily obtainable.

A very common selectee mistake is forgetting the mm-dd-yyyy format for dates.

That’s a bit sloppy security wise of KCC, in my opinion. The whole point of “hiding” case numbers behind confirmation numbers originally was to prevent interception of emails leading to personal details being easily obtainable.

I thought so too. Security wise it's a poor move

There are people who did not know that they were selected and they heard about that only after receiving KCC email.

I don't know, I am in one FB group of my country selectees and I read about such cases there. So this new system appeared good for them, otherwise they would loose the chance probably.

Well, they clearly didn’t read the instructions very well :( wonder what else they did wrong by not reading them.
Anyway according to others they still need the confirmation code to proceed properly.