• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

So I will check one more time, I am am 2020 selectee already, I can register for DV2021 right? And it won't have any negative affect on my current process. Thanks

@Sm1smom WOuld have been more helpful if you could answer my question instead of just saying that I'm not familiar with the process! If you cannot help out then dont comment please

Thanks @Aidyn for sharing the link I appreciate it.

@Sm1smom WOuld have been more helpful if you could answer my question instead of just saying that I'm not familiar with the process! If you cannot help out then dont comment please

Thanks @Aidyn for sharing the link I appreciate it.
Sure, feel free to adopt a confrontational attitude with me at your own peril, seeing how prickly you are and that you don’t take kindly to being pointed in the direction of what could be a lot more beneficial to you than you jumping all over the place considering you clearly don’t even have the simplest idea of what the process entails.

FYI: this is a public forum. Anyone can comment on any post, you don’t get to decide on who comments on your posts.

Think you missed the point. The problem with answering someone’s questions one by one if they know nothing about the process, is that they may not know the right questions to ask and miss out entirely on something crucial to a successful case, because they didn’t think about it or to ask about it. So directing you to a full source of information was exactly right. (From your other question on the other thread, I wonder if you even looked at the link from selection letter because it seems to me that would have been answered, if you had. Need the right info to ask the right questions.)

Bears repeating that if you post on a public forum you don’t get to pick and choose who answers or how.

Hello.
I am a dv2020 green card lottery winner. When i applied for the green card my life was different. So, i don't want to move to Usa right now. I would like to question if i could continue the process for the green card, take the green card, activate it, and to move to Usa after 2-3 years? Is this possible?

Hello.
I am a dv2020 green card lottery winner. When i applied for the green card my life was different. So, i don't want to move to Usa right now. I would like to question if i could continue the process for the green card, take the green card, activate it, and to move to Usa after 2-3 years? Is this possible?

Hello. Please read previous comments you will get the answer.
You can not get the Green Card unless you move to the US. Green Card means Permanent Residency Card. After getting it you can be outside the country for less than 6 months. If you stay away from the country for longer without explanation you may lose your right to live in the US. Please check britsimonsays.com for more informations

Hello. Please read previous comments you will get the answer.
You can not get the Green Card unless you move to the US. Green Card means Permanent Residency Card. After getting it you can be outside the country for less than 6 months. If you stay away from the country for longer without explanation you may lose your right to live in the US. Please check britsimonsays.com for more informations

I read in the internet that i can travel once a year for some days and maintain the right for the green card.

There is a huge difference between a Green Card and a Visa
Yes I know . That's why I said maybe he meant visa . Because he can't get a Green card without entering the USA . Or maybe he wasn't clear of what he wanted to ask

Hi I’m being asking for asylum in US and my decision is still pending. I’ve included my spouse in my application but he doesn’t has any life threats so can he apply for dv lottery?

Hi I’m being asking for asylum in US and my decision is still pending. I’ve included my spouse in my application but he doesn’t has any life threats so can he apply for dv lottery?

Yes he can submit the eDV entry form if he’s from an eligible country and meets the educational or work experience requirements. And so can you by the way regardless of your pending asylum petition.

p.s. don’t duplicate the same post over several threads in the sub forums.

Yes he can submit the eDV entry form if he’s from an eligible country and meets the educational or work experience requirements. And so can you by the way regardless of your pending asylum petition.

Oh I’m sorry i dont know i post my doubts in every thread. Btw thank you :)

Hello.
I read in the internet that i can travel once a year for some days and maintain the right for the green card.
No, that is not proper maintaining residence. What you can do is activate and apply for a re+entry permit, which will allow you to stay out for 2 years. You’ll need to be in the US to apply for the permit and do biometrics (probably need 4-4 weeks for all that) then you can leave & have it sent to your closest consulate to pick up when ready. Also see https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B5en.pdf

Reactions: WBA

I’m curious, on another thread she says he is out of status but working on asylum EAD, even though he does not have any “life threats” himself, so an asylum applicant can apply for anyone as derivative regardless if they themselves need asylum? And his out of status won’t affect the DV process?