• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

How will you get your case number without a confirmation code? Anyway yes you need it to access the selection and interview letters. Are you sure you followed all steps correctly, including US format for birthday if that is asked?

Some forgot or didn't bother to check , some loss their confirmation number or forgot the data they put in the eDV entry .
Then with KCC sending documents email to everyone ( even to those who did not check for their results ) all selectees now know they are chosen , but in order to submit DS260 , a selectee needs his/her confirmation number . And it seems like many people ( of those who are recently to find out the are selected because of the KCC emails ) don't have their confirmation number and they then can not submit a DS260 .

How will you get your case number without a confirmation code? Anyway yes you need it to access the selection and interview letters. Are you sure you followed all steps correctly, including US format for birthday if that is asked?
KCC sent the e-mail to me, and yes, I put all correct info to try to retrieve my confirmation number, but it didn't work at all :(

KCC sent the e-mail to me, and yes, I put all correct info to try to retrieve my confirmation number, but it didn't work at all :(

The only reason you’ll be experiencing what you’ve described is that the information you’re putting in does not match the information provided on the initial eDV entry form. Unfortunately no one here can help you with that. Did you submit the eDV entry form yourself or someone else submitted it on your behalf?

Have you heard of many CN-s above 44K?
I am EU44k+ and I am so nervous. This is probably the most stressful year in my life. I just hope for the happy end.

You will only get an interview scheduled if your number is current AND your DS-260 has been processed AND your documents have been processed by KCC.
You will receive an email from KCC advising that your documents have been processed successfully and that you are now ready to be scheduled for an interview. By sending your docs on Oct 11 you are unlikely to receive an December interview as KCC will not have had enough time to process them and get you scheduled.
Ohhh really?is the same my case I received email 10 oct for further documents and submited 2 days after till now no email from KCC for documents have been processed but my CN is current in December Visa Bulletin. Everything change this year

I submitted my docs on Aug 13 when they asked for it , there was no response until Oct 11, so i called KCC and the lady said it looks like they didnt receive, even though i got the auto reply that they received it and processing. So i resubmitted again on Oct 13, this morning they sent email saying the documents have been processed and ready for interview. They will send email with the interview notification. I am hoping i will still get December Interview since I am current.

I submitted my docs on Aug 13 when they asked for it , there was no response until Oct 11, so i called KCC and the lady said it looks like they didnt receive, even though i got the auto reply that they received it and processing. So i resubmitted again on Oct 13, this morning they sent email saying the documents have been processed and ready for interview. They will send email with the interview notification. I am hoping i will still get December Interview since I am current.
Good to know, thank you for your feedback and wish you good luck

good luck

Guys, I understand that the permanent address included in the DS260 could be changed later. My question is, what is this address used for? just for mailing the green card? What if I don't know where will I stay when I arrive to the US?

A general question please, do people have to travel to the US immediately after receiving the green card?

Guys, I understand that the permanent address included in the DS260 could be changed later. My question is, what is this address used for? just for mailing the green card? What if I don't know where will I stay when I arrive to the US?

A general question please, do people have to travel to the US immediately after receiving the green card?

My understanding is that you will receive the green card in the US only

@jay8 Yes, but I mean this address can by my friend's, and at that time I may still be in my home country.
In this case, should I travel to the US right away, or I can travel to the US within a period of 12 months? How does it go..?

The production of your green card isnt triggered until you actually enter the US. After approval, you have 6 months from the date of your medical to enter the US. This can either be an activation trip or your final move.
If I understand correctly, you mean I should have the interview in my home country, then I should enter the US so that they can approve issuing the green card, which takes 6 months to issue. So basically I should be staying at the US for 6 months waiting to receive the green card? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

@jay8 Yes, but I mean this address can by my friend's, and at that time I may still be in my home country.
In this case, should I travel to the US right away, or I can travel to the US within a period of 12 months? How does it go..?

You really should spend some time going over Simon’s blog (@Aidyn previously provided you with the link) seeing as you don’t have any idea about the DV process.

I’m making it easier for you by providing you a direct link to the FAQ Section of that blog. Start from there!

If I understand correctly, you mean I should have the interview in my home country, then I should enter the US so that they can approve issuing the green card, which takes 6 months to issue. So basically I should be staying at the US for 6 months waiting to receive the green card? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Go through Simon’s blog!

As @Aidyn said you need to enter the US within six months of your medicals. When you cross the border they will start producing your card. I believe you can change the address at the interview or you can contact them