• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Dear @Sm1smom
I was able to walk in for the biometrics yesterday and today I received my interview appointment which is scheduled for September 24.
I believe my case is pretty straightforward and there should not be any surprises. My country of origin is Italy.
Any thoughts? Is it possible to ask USCIS to move up the interview?

Thank you again for your precious help!
sm

I don’t think your FO will entertain a request for an earlier interview - their workload was taken into consideration before they scheduled your interview, they have other cases they’re equally dealing with and your scheduled date is still within FY deadline.

All you can hope for at this point is for an approval immediately following the interview or shortly after.

I don’t think your FO will entertain a request for an earlier interview - their workload was taken into consideration before they scheduled your interview, they have other cases they’re equally dealing with and your scheduled date is still within FY deadline.

All you can hope for at this point is for an approval immediately following the interview or shortly after.

Thank you! Fingers crossed!

Hi all,
I am having an issue with my husbands interview letter.
My husband is the main applicant (who won the green card) and I am the beneficiary applicant. About 10 days ago I received my interview letter (I have even posted a copy on this forum earlier) but my husband didn't get any letter yet. Nothing has updated on our online accounts either. My interview date is on early September and we are planning to call a tier 2 officer tomorrow. I would like to know whether anyone else have come across similar situations. MOM I would appreciate if you have any suggestions on this issue? Thanks a lot!

Hi all,
I am having an issue with my husbands interview letter.
My husband is the main applicant (who won the green card) and I am the beneficiary applicant. About 10 days ago I received my interview letter (I have even posted a copy on this forum earlier) but my husband didn't get any letter yet. Nothing has updated on our online accounts either. My interview date is on early September and we are planning to call a tier 2 officer tomorrow. I would like to know whether anyone else have come across similar situations. MOM I would appreciate if you have any suggestions on this issue? Thanks a lot!

Yes we’ve heard of similar reports in the past. You and your husband will attend your interview together with your letter. Some FOs send a single interview notification letter which may or may not list the rest of their family, the letter may be addressed to the derivative or the main applicant. When you arrive with your husband, you’ll explain at the entrance you have a DV based AOS petition with your husbands the main selectee, you’ll both be allowed into the FO based on that.

Alright folks, here is my story:

I submitted my DS 260 on May 17th, 2018 and then had to wait a while for my 2NL to arrive (Jan 2019). I knew from the start my number would not be current for a while, so I just sat patiently.
As soon as I got my 2NL, I submitted my 330 USD payment.
Early January I started gathering all the required documents that I needed, and since I lost all my diplomas, one can imagine the hassle to get them all back. I guess this is what happens when you move 15 times in less than 10 years...
Comes March when I miss the cut off by less than 50 case numbers so I time everything for my package to be ready the day the June Bulletin becomes available. I knew I was going to take advantage of the Early filing policy, but I wanted to be sure that should my package gets rejected I would not have to redo the medical exam.

Then everything rolled out (almost) as expected:

-Package was received on April 23rd
-Check was cashed on the 29th & received a text message the same day
-NOA received on May 3rd
-Bio Letter received on May 10th
-Bio Walk-in on May 13th
-- After two months without news of my IL, I started the escalation process and contacted the office of the Congresswoman of my district. Her office was of great help and contacted the FO to help push things along --
-Interview Letter received on August 1st
-Interview held on August 20th
-Card Production Order on August 20th
-Card expected in the mail August 26th

Interview:

The interview when well although I felt that the Officer tested me on a few things. Regardless, it was straightforward, the officer new the process, confirmed me that my background check was fine and that she would close my case the same day.

Lessons Learned:

1. I would pay by Card and not by Check (It think it is relatively quicker and offers the same tracking possibilities)
2. I would take more time filling in the DS 260 form and make sure I understand the entire process before rushing to submit it since it won’t have any consequence on the velocity to adjudicate my case file
3. An online storing system (Icloud, Dropbox...) is the best tool to go through this. I am really happy I got all my documents located in one and accessible place all day (year) round.
4. Read carefully the interventions of other folks on the forum. Most of my questions -at any given time- had already been answered in previous posts and if I read something that I did not need at the time, it was just because I was not in that part of the process yet.
5. Gathering documents takes a long time (especially if you must beg higher education institutions to send you a new diploma in the U.S)
6. Although the Manhattan and Brooklyn FO, are in the same building, they appear not to have the policy regarding Interview Scheduling. The Manhattan office being apparently a tad more proactive than the Brooklyn one.

Last words:

Obviously, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to the members of this community and an extra bow to Xanarthius and BritSimon who's continuous work during the year helped me understand how the system worked and made my waiting if not more bearable at least more interesting.

I would also like to give an accolade to my cluster partners, TimothyBanks, Vladoo and Tommasi80 (I wish you the best recovery) and all my fellow AOSers.

Finally, I would like to thank Sm1smom for her relentless and selfless activity on this forum. I do not know who you are, but I am sure you already have your seat reserved, up there. Providing help the way you all do, not only eases up everyone's stress during this period but it also provides a sense of belonging for all those going through this process and it is unquantifiably uplifting.

Good luck to everyone and as always, listen to Mom, she knows best.

Alright folks, here is my story:

I submitted my DS 260 on May 17th, 2018 and then had to wait a while for my 2NL to arrive (Jan 2019). I knew from the start my number would not be current for a while, so I just sat patiently.
As soon as I got my 2NL, I submitted my 330 USD payment.
Early January I started gathering all the required documents that I needed, and since I lost all my diplomas, one can imagine the hassle to get them all back. I guess this is what happens when you move 15 times in less than 10 years...
Comes March when I miss the cut off by less than 50 case numbers so I time everything for my package to be ready the day the June Bulletin becomes available. I knew I was going to take advantage of the Early filing policy, but I wanted to be sure that should my package gets rejected I would not have to redo the medical exam.

Then everything rolled out (almost) as expected:

-Package was received on April 23rd
-Check was cashed on the 29th & received a text message the same day
-NOA received on May 3rd
-Bio Letter received on May 10th
-Bio Walk-in on May 13th
-- After two months without news of my IL, I started the escalation process and contacted the office of the Congresswoman of my district. Her office was of great help and contacted the FO to help push things along --
-Interview Letter received on August 1st
-Interview held on August 20th
-Card Production Order on August 20th
-Card expected in the mail August 26th

Interview:

The interview when well although I felt that the Officer tested me on a few things. Regardless, it was straightforward, the officer new the process, confirmed me that my background check was fine and that she would close my case the same day.

Lessons Learned:

1. I would pay by Card and not by Check (It think it is relatively quicker and offers the same tracking possibilities)
2. I would take more time filling in the DS 260 form and make sure I understand the entire process before rushing to submit it since it won’t have any consequence on the velocity to adjudicate my case file
3. An online storing system (Icloud, Dropbox...) is the best tool to go through this. I am really happy I got all my documents located in one and accessible place all day (year) round.
4. Read carefully the interventions of other folks on the forum. Most of my questions -at any given time- had already been answered in previous posts and if I read something that I did not need at the time, it was just because I was not in that part of the process yet.
5. Gathering documents takes a long time (especially if you must beg higher education institutions to send you a new diploma in the U.S)
6. Although the Manhattan and Brooklyn FO, are in the same building, they appear not to have the policy regarding Interview Scheduling. The Manhattan office being apparently a tad more proactive than the Brooklyn one.

Last words:

Obviously, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to the members of this community and an extra bow to Xanarthius and BritSimon who's continuous work during the year helped me understand how the system worked and made my waiting if not more bearable at least more interesting.

I would also like to give an accolade to my cluster partners, TimothyBanks, Vladoo and Tommasi80 (I wish you the best recovery) and all my fellow AOSers.

Finally, I would like to thank Sm1smom for her relentless and selfless activity on this forum. I do not know who you are, but I am sure you already have your seat reserved, up there. Providing help the way you all do, not only eases up everyone's stress during this period but it also provides a sense of belonging for all those going through this process and it is unquantifiably uplifting.

Good luck to everyone and as always, listen to Mom, she knows best.

Congratulations. Enjoy your new status.

Yes we’ve heard of similar reports in the past. You and your husband will attend your interview together with your letter. Some FOs send a single interview notification letter which may or may not list the rest of their family, the letter may be addressed to the derivative or the main applicant. When you arrive with your husband, you’ll explain at the entrance you have a DV based AOS petition with your husbands the main selectee, you’ll both be allowed into the FO based on that.

MOM, thank you so much for your reply which again gave us peace of mind.

Hi MOM and all,
I would really like to get your opinion on my issue. (MOM already answered my yesterdays' question, but after talking to a tier 2 officer today made us very confused).
My husband is the principal applicant of DV (AOS) process and its only me who got the interview letter. Today when we talk to a tier 2 officer, he mentioned that they consider each case individually and even-though we file together.
So the officer mentioned I will go to my interview and eventually my husband should get his interview letter (he insisted that my husband will have a separate interview when they schedule one for him). We both were explaining to the officer about our situation and his answers didn't make any sense to me, being I am the derivative applicant. (He meant that we have to go through two separate interviews and that doesn't sound normal).
However as MOM mentioned in the previous reply, we will take the letter received under my name and we both are getting ready for our interview which will be on early Sept.
I would really appreciate your opinion on this MOM and the supportive crew. Thanks a lot.

Hi MOM and all,
I would really like to get your opinion on my issue. (MOM already answered my yesterdays' question, but after talking to a tier 2 officer today made us very confused).
My husband is the principal applicant of DV (AOS) process and its only me who got the interview letter. Today when we talk to a tier 2 officer, he mentioned that they consider each case individually and even-though we file together.
So the officer mentioned I will go to my interview and eventually my husband should get his interview letter (he insisted that my husband will have a separate interview when they schedule one for him). We both were explaining to the officer about our situation and his answers didn't make any sense to me, being I am the derivative applicant. (He meant that we have to go through two separate interviews and that doesn't sound normal).
However as MOM mentioned in the previous reply, we will take the letter received under my name and we both are getting ready for our interview which will be on early Sept.
I would really appreciate your opinion on this MOM and the supportive crew. Thanks a lot.

I already provided my guidance on what you need to do. I don’t have any other opinion outside of what I previously wrote.

Hi everyone,
I have posted here few months ago. I had my interview in NY on the 21st of August. I just saw that my status got updated in "New Card being produced". So I wanted to thank Mom and Susie for their help. A big thanks also to Simon whose blog is truly wonderful. I've not participated a lot but this forum has been a very precious source of info. Thank you very much to everyone. I'll update the spreadsheet. Once again thank you Mom, thank you for the time that you spend helping everyone in here. I'll never thank you guys enough for your help, I'm forever grateful. God bless you

Hi everyone,
I have posted here few months ago. I had my interview in NY on the 21st of August. I just saw that my status got updated in "New Card being produced". So I wanted to thank Mom and Susie for their help. A big thanks also to Simon whose blog is truly wonderful. I've not participated a lot but this forum has been a very precious source of info. Thank you very much to everyone. I'll update the spreadsheet. Once again thank you Mom, thank you for the time that you spend helping everyone in here. I'll never thank you guys enough for your help, I'm forever grateful. God bless you

Congratulations and thanks for returning to update us.

Hi everyone,
We had our interview on Aug 20 and although we were told that our case was approved we received no changes to our status. Finally last night it changed to "New Card being produced". It has been a stressful week. We are now praying that our daughters "follow to join" will happen before the end of September. Our IO assured us that the consulate will contact her soon - if anyone has any advise for that I would appreciate it, she lives 1000 miles from the nearest consulate so just hoping she can get it done. (My daughter and husband both also won 2018 but their numbers didn't become Current).

Here is our timeline:
OCXX region - current October (yes I know but life got in the way of submitting it early)
1NL May 15 2018
2NL August 27 2018
DV Fee sent Mar 4 2019
DV Receipt arrives Mar 23 2019
Medical complete Apr 4 2019
1-485 Sent April 9 2019 (UPS)
Package accepted Apr 10 2019
Bio letter received May 4 2019
Bio Scheduled May 14 2019
Bio Walk-in May 6 2019
Interview letter arrived August 1 2019
Interview 20 Aug 2019
New Card produced 16 Aug 2019

After living in NYC for 10 years and renewing visas every 2 years, I feel like we can finally breath.

Our interview went really well and our IO was great. She asked for identification, marriage certificate and education docs as well as proof of income as I am the primary and am a stay at home mom. Most of the time was talking about life and where we should go to celebrate - hence the stress when it took its sweet time.

on a side note: I put the A-number from my expired (in 2013) EAD card which caused some confusion as they gave me a new A-number so she had to correct all our forms.

Thank you Mom and everyone on this forum for your patience and your advice. You are worth your weight in gold. Updating the spreadsheet now!
Cheers

Hi Mom and all,

My CN became current in July 2019, I still haven’t received the interview notice or the 2NL. Would I still get a chance for an interview? Below are the key dates for my case.

DS-260 submitted: 6/9/19
AOS Package Mailed: 7/24/19
NOA Letter Received: 8/5/19
Biometrics Letter Received: 8/9/19
Biometrics Appointment: 8/22/19
Biometrics Completed: 8/22/19

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Hi everyone,
We had our interview on Aug 20 and although we were told that our case was approved we received no changes to our status. Finally last night it changed to "New Card being produced". It has been a stressful week. We are now praying that our daughters "follow to join" will happen before the end of September. Our IO assured us that the consulate will contact her soon - if anyone has any advise for that I would appreciate it, she lives 1000 miles from the nearest consulate so just hoping she can get it done. (My daughter and husband both also won 2018 but their numbers didn't become Current).

Here is our timeline:
OCXX region - current October (yes I know but life got in the way of submitting it early)
1NL May 15 2018
2NL August 27 2018
DV Fee sent Mar 4 2019
DV Receipt arrives Mar 23 2019
Medical complete Apr 4 2019
1-485 Sent April 9 2019 (UPS)
Package accepted Apr 10 2019
Bio letter received May 4 2019
Bio Scheduled May 14 2019
Bio Walk-in May 6 2019
Interview letter arrived August 1 2019
Interview 20 Aug 2019
New Card produced 16 Aug 2019

After living in NYC for 10 years and renewing visas every 2 years, I feel like we can finally breath.

Our interview went really well and our IO was great. She asked for identification, marriage certificate and education docs as well as proof of income as I am the primary and am a stay at home mom. Most of the time was talking about life and where we should go to celebrate - hence the stress when it took its sweet time.

on a side note: I put the A-number from my expired (in 2013) EAD card which caused some confusion as they gave me a new A-number so she had to correct all our forms.

Thank you Mom and everyone on this forum for your patience and your advice. You are worth your weight in gold. Updating the spreadsheet now!
Cheers

Wait. Your daughter is married? If yes, she’s no longer eligible as your derivative.

Hi Mom and all,

My CN became current in July 2019, I still haven’t received the interview notice or the 2NL. Would I still get a chance for an interview? Below are the key dates for my case.

DS-260 submitted: 6/9/19
AOS Package Mailed: 7/24/19
NOA Letter Received: 8/5/19
Biometrics Letter Received: 8/9/19
Biometrics Appointment: 8/22/19
Biometrics Completed: 8/22/19

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Considering how close we are to the end of the FY, why didn’t you go for a walk in bio? You wasted so much time waiting until your appointed date!

Anyway which is your FO? Take a look at the timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of the average processing time for your DV.