• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hello everyone,

Today I (principal applicant) and my wife (derivative applicant) attended our interview at the Fairfax office. IO appeared as a very calm person. At the beginning, he asked to see state IDs or driver's licenses, our passports. We also gave him our medicals, he did not open them during the interview though. He went simultaneously through all Yes/No questions for me and my wife. He also asked us our full names, dob, our parents names and if my wife met them, when each of us first arrived in the USA and last arrival dates as well, asked my wife to list all addresses where she used to live.
Asked our date of marriage, if we live together and where, if we have children anywhere in the world. In addition, he also asked me about army service in my home country, what were my duties and if I received any weapon training.
He asked to see a payment confirmation for speeding ticket which I had last year. He did not ask for any other documents, my wife asked him herself if he would like to see her I-20s, certificate of enrollment, original birth certificate or our pictures, he only took certificate of enrollment and looked at her birth certificate. I also showed him my originals - birth certificate, high school diploma and bachelor's diploma.
He twice asked me if I ever was in prison anywhere in the world. And also, if I do not mind to tell him what my asylum case is about (my asylum case is still pending), and asked if I filed for the asylum while I was still in school - the answer is yes.
At the end, he said that our background checks were cleared, and that he is waiting for my asylum file, and that we will get a response in 30 days.
Fingers crossed.
Thanks Elz for the update. We have the same situation(pending asylum) in Fairfax FO. Can I ask you, if your I-20's is still valid or expired?

Please sir, am little confused about the year I was selected within this year 7 May 2019 my case number begins with 2020AF##### and am done with my DS 260 Submitting only,what do I need to do next or is there anything to do ?

Please sir, am little confused about the year I was selected within this year 7 May 2019 my case number begins with 2020AF##### and am done with my DS 260 Submitting,what do I need to do next ?

Please sir, am little confused about the year I was selected within this year 7 May 2019 my case number begins with 2020AF##### and am done with my DS 260 Submitting,what do I need to do next ?
That's DV2020, check your case number it might give you a glimpse when you might be current.Ur cases will start to be processed on October this year, it would be wise to get prepared and read the process thoroughly to know what you can do. The spreadsheets provides a very helpful support on that.

How do I know if we are in background check then? Will they tell me if I call them?
I'm afraid we fell into VISAS MANTIS

KCC file is separate from pending background check, please pay attention to my responses to you. KCC will not tell you if your background check is pending or not. Only your FO can confirm that.

A tier two officer on the USCIS 1800 may be able to tell you when you call USCIS, no guarantee on that of course.

If your interview has been up to one month or more with no update, you can contact your Congress man/woman’s office and request for assistance in following up on your case with your FO.

KCC file is separate from pending background check, please pay attention to my responses to you. KCC will not tell you if your background check is pending or not. Only your FO can confirm that.

A tier two officer on the USCIS 1800 may be able to tell you when you call USCIS, no guarantee on that of course.

If your interview has been up to one month or more with no update, you can contact your Congress man/woman’s office and request for assistance in following up on your case with your FO.
Thank you!!!

@Sm1smom
I came back from abroad Friday and while printing my most recent I-94, I see that the officer put L1A instead of L1B at the border - there is no doubt I am here as an L1B.
I am not asked consistently for my I-129S everytime at the border - it is almost always the case at JFK but rarely at pre-clearance customs in Canada or Mexico.
How critical is this to fix it for the interview? It is scheduled tomorrow morning.

@Sm1smom
I came back from abroad Friday and while printing my most recent I-94, I see that the officer put L1A instead of L1B at the border - there is no doubt I am here as an L1B.
I am not asked consistently for my I-129S everytime at the border - it is almost always the case at JFK but rarely at pre-clearance customs in Canada or Mexico.
How critical is this to fix it for the interview? It is scheduled tomorrow morning.

You should be fine. Not a critical issue. The border agents are notorious for stamping L1A for a L1B status holder.

Hi all, okay so just wanted to give an update regarding "notifications, updates and NOA's" because I have an experience that may be helpful.

I became current for OC in May and sent my package to the lockbox on the 3rd. From this point I pretty much received confirmations as per what is expected. I received a confirmation text of my package being received (approx. 1 week after I know it was received in Chicago). A week after that I received the first I-797C (NOA) confirming my application and petition was received. A week after this I received a second I-797C with my Biometric date scheduled for 2 weeks in advance (doing the math for you my scheduled biometrics was in essence 4 weeks after my application was received).

I completed the Bio on the date scheduled (6/7) and did not receive any correspondence until yesterday when my interview notice was delivered (the notice date was the 26th so 19 days after the biometrics.

The reason why I am letting you know this is that I also was expecting an acceptance text/letter/update on my case status after biometrics and this never came. I definitely was not in panic mode but I am like you all - this is a big deal and anything that appears not to happen that we think should can easily set the wheels of doubt in motion. I get it! Of course I was scanning these boards looking for others with similar experiences etc and saw that quite a few people had concern over not hearing anything after their biometrics were taken.

So a couple of things

1) As has been mentioned here many times the online case update is kind of useless. Don't worry about it. Mine was last updated when my AMEX was swiped (figuratively of course) for the biometrics and processing fee. It has not changed since even though now I have my interview date set. Some people have experiences of it changing and some don't (like me) - don't panic it seems like a coin flip if yours gets updated.

2) Not hearing anything immedaitely after your biometrics is also not the death of your application. I thought I may get a confirmation but I didn't - no big deal. My guess is that USCIS is truly overloaded right now with a lot of things - and understand that we are now 3 months out from the end of the 2019 fiscal year (when this DV2019 period ends on the 30th) and so this is where the highest volume of applications/questions etc come in (I am sure Mom and Britsimon can attest to this). This also means that cross checking of fingerprints with the FBI database (what happens with your biometrics) is also under a lot of strain. It's just something that we have to deal with unless your case number was current prior to March I would guess.

It's not easy and the silence can be brutal, I get it!, but if your application was accepted, your biometrics taken and there is nothing the FBI might find (I'm assuming positively that we are all in this position!) then in my experience you are in a good place and the next correspondence you probably will get will be for an interview.

Deep breaths it's all gonna be fine!

JS

Hi all, okay so just wanted to give an update regarding "notifications, updates and NOA's" because I have an experience that may be helpful.

I became current for OC in May and sent my package to the lockbox on the 3rd. From this point I pretty much received confirmations as per what is expected. I received a confirmation text of my package being received (approx. 1 week after I know it was received in Chicago). A week after that I received the first I-797C (NOA) confirming my application and petition was received. A week after this I received a second I-797C with my Biometric date scheduled for 2 weeks in advance (doing the math for you my scheduled biometrics was in essence 4 weeks after my application was received).

I completed the Bio on the date scheduled (6/7) and did not receive any correspondence until yesterday when my interview notice was delivered (the notice date was the 26th so 19 days after the biometrics.

The reason why I am letting you know this is that I also was expecting an acceptance text/letter/update on my case status after biometrics and this never came. I definitely was not in panic mode but I am like you all - this is a big deal and anything that appears not to happen that we think should can easily set the wheels of doubt in motion. I get it! Of course I was scanning these boards looking for others with similar experiences etc and saw that quite a few people had concern over not hearing anything after their biometrics were taken.

So a couple of things

1) As has been mentioned here many times the online case update is kind of useless. Don't worry about it. Mine was last updated when my AMEX was swiped (figuratively of course) for the biometrics and processing fee. It has not changed since even though now I have my interview date set. Some people have experiences of it changing and some don't (like me) - don't panic it seems like a coin flip if yours gets updated.

2) Not hearing anything immedaitely after your biometrics is also not the death of your application. I thought I may get a confirmation but I didn't - no big deal. My guess is that USCIS is truly overloaded right now with a lot of things - and understand that we are now 3 months out from the end of the 2019 fiscal year (when this DV2019 period ends on the 30th) and so this is where the highest volume of applications/questions etc come in (I am sure Mom and Britsimon can attest to this). This also means that cross checking of fingerprints with the FBI database (what happens with your biometrics) is also under a lot of strain. It's just something that we have to deal with unless your case number was current prior to March I would guess.

It's not easy and the silence can be brutal, I get it!, but if your application was accepted, your biometrics taken and there is nothing the FBI might find (I'm assuming positively that we are all in this position!) then in my experience you are in a good place and the next correspondence you probably will get will be for an interview.

Deep breaths it's all gonna be fine!

JS
Mine case is a bit different from everyone. I have submitted my package to Chicago Lockbox and they received it back in 6/6 and nothing so far, no acceptance text, no email, and no NOA :(
I'd rather to have been received the acceptance message and then I am absolutely fine with waiting for Bio letter after that because at least I know that they are working on my package, but in my case i don't know where the hell my package is :( Mom told me to 30 days and contact USCIS if i don't receive it, so here I am waiting till 7/6 and I am praying that some miracle will happen before that date.

Mine case is a bit different from everyone. I have submitted my package to Chicago Lockbox and they received it back in 6/6 and nothing so far, no acceptance text, no email, and no NOA :(
I'd rather to have been received the acceptance message and then I am absolutely fine with waiting for Bio letter after that because at least I know that they are working on my package, but in my case i don't know where the hell my package is :( Mom told me to 30 days and contact USCIS if i don't receive it, so here I am waiting till 7/6 and I am praying that some miracle will happen before that date.

Did you keep copies of the forms in your submitted package? If yes, review those forms to ensure you didn’t leave any required section unsigned. Also review your submitted payment, the you send in the right fee? And of these two issues will lead to one’s package being rejected and subsequently sent back by the Chicago Lockbox. It’s also possible the package has been erroneously rejected because of early filing (I’m assuming you did early filing) in which case the package will get sent back or is already on its way back to you.

Hi Mom, yes i have copies of all the forms and I have crossed checked everything and I don't seem to have missed anything in terms of signatures or anything else. the Payment is correct, three separate checks, $ 1225 for each, my wife and myself, and $750 for my son, each check was attached to the respective form and every application was arranged carefully and bound together with the supporting documents using binder clips, and my application was on top with a cover letter on the top and then a big binder clip for all my package. Yes i did early filing and attached the cover letter and copy of the memorandum, I guess like most of other people dod early filing as being current in July

1- If they rejected my package for any , do you think it should at least show up in their system a rejected, or do they just reject it and send the rejection without updating the system at all ? I guess by this time i should have received the rejection letter if they really rejected me - hopefully this is not the case

2- The problem is that if i contact them after 30 days, their website says it will take up to 30 days to respond to my inquiry about the package (which will be end of July), and i am afraid that they respond by that time and say we couldn't find your file. Do you think i can do anything to expedite on that?

3- While waiting for the inquiry, do you recommend me to prepare another package now and send it after 30 days (from my original submission 6/6) and include a clear cover letter explaining that i am submitting a second package and ask them to not cash the old check numbers and not to process that in case they find it later?

Any thought is really appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2019-06-07 09.24.43.jpg
    2019-06-07 09.24.43.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 20
Hi Mom, yes i have copies of all the forms and I have crossed checked everything and I don't seem to have missed anything in terms of signatures or anything else. the Payment is correct, three separate checks, $ 1225 for each, my wife and myself, and $750 for my son, each check was attached to the respective form and every application was arranged carefully and bound together with the supporting documents using binder clips, and my application was on top with a cover letter on the top and then a big binder clip for all my package. Yes i did early filing and attached the cover letter and copy of the memorandum, I guess like most of other people dod early filing as being current in July

1- If they rejected my package for any , do you think it should at least show up in their system a rejected, or do they just reject it and send the rejection without updating the system at all ? I guess by this time i should have received the rejection letter if they really rejected me - hopefully this is not the case

2- The problem is that if i contact them after 30 days, their website says it will take up to 30 days to respond to my inquiry about the package (which will be end of July), and i am afraid that they respond by that time and say we couldn't find your file. Do you think i can do anything to expedite on that?

3- While waiting for the inquiry, do you recommend me to prepare another package now and send it after 30 days (from my original submission 6/6) and include a clear cover letter explaining that i am submitting a second package and ask them to not cash the old check numbers and not to process that in case they find it later?

Thanks
The only unique thing that i did is that i have sent my package in a bubbled white poly mailing envelope, and i then i included that in another bigger white bubbled envelop, I guess that should not create any problem. Don't you agree?

Attachments

• Bubble Mailer White Poly.jpg
    Bubble Mailer White Poly.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 2

Thanks

1. A rejected package will not show up in the system because there’s no acceptance receipt number assigned to it. It will just show up in your mailbox.

2. A rejected package will show up before the 30 days stated Time is up.

3. I wouldn’t recommend sending another package while the status of your first package is still unknown.

The only unique thing that i did is that i have sent my package in a bubbled white poly mailing envelope, and i then i included that in another bigger white bubbled envelop, I guess that should not create any problem. Don't you agree?

That’s not so unique, it is not the issue.