• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Today we got our interview letter! Strange that no bio letter yet, but still a bit relieved. We received two invitation letters one for my husband (who is the winner) and second for me with a completely wrong first and last name (A and Case numbers are right). I am calling the USCIS center now. Hope it's not that of a big issue.

Thanks for replying!
We are really frustrated about this :( The status of our case was not updated since fingerprints, when we called them last week, we were told to wait for the interview! Ridiculous!
I think interview went well, officer seemed nice, the only thing - he was really interested in my husband's work experience. But also, he promised to reply in four weeks.
Maybe he sent it for another background check :(

No, it’s not ridiculous! Online status typically does not get updated until after the I-485 is adjudicated, so nothing unusual in that.

Clearly if background check is pending or yet to clear, I-485 will not get approved regardless of how friendly the IO might have appeared. This is something you could have asked about at the end of your interview.

For starters, call KCC and ask if your case file has been requested by your FO, if yes ask when it was requested. Also follow up by asking to know if the file got sent and when. Do this as a first step in your follow up process.

Today we got our interview letter! Strange that no bio letter yet, but still a bit relieved. We received two invitation letters one for my husband (who is the winner) and second for me with a completely wrong first and last name (A and Case numbers are right). I am calling the USCIS center now. Hope it's not that of a big issue.

That’s interesting. Did you have a bio done not too long ago for some other petition?

Where is your interview scheduled for, the FO with jurisdiction over your home address or the one you stated USCIS customer rep told you your case file was sent to?

That’s interesting. Did you have a bio done not too long ago for some other petition?

Where is your interview scheduled for, the FO with jurisdiction over your home address or the one you stated USCIS customer rep told you your case file was sent to?

The last time my bio was done was at the end of 2018. It is both: the FO with the jurisdiction of our home address and the one USCIS told us.

Hi Mom,

My package was received on the 06/07 and I received the email/text notification on the 06/14
However, I have not received the NOA letter since then.
The email notification cautioned that the letter could arrive 7 to 10 days later, it's already been 12.

I am starting to worry that they might have the wrong address or some other issue.
Would you advice I wait a bit more or are there some kind of steps I should take sooner rather than later?

Thank you

The last time my bio was done was at the end of 2018. It is both: the FO with the jurisdiction of our home address and the one USCIS told us.

It’s possible they consider that background check as still valid.

So you have two different interviews scheduled at two different locations for your DV based AOS petition and you’re required to attend both?

Hi Mom,

My package was received on the 06/07 and I received the email/text notification on the 06/14
However, I have not received the NOA letter since then.
The email notification cautioned that the letter could arrive 7 to 10 days later, it's already been 12.

I am starting to worry that they might have the wrong address or some other issue.
Would you advice I wait a bit more or are there some kind of steps I should take sooner rather than later?

Thank you

Call the USCIS 1800 number to follow up on this.

It’s possible they consider that background check as still valid.

So you have two different interviews scheduled at two different locations for your DV based AOS petition and you’re required to attend both?

No, it's only one location and one interview date; the same place the letter and the agent referred to. I will make sure to add my dates on the timeline and keep you updated. Thanks for the response :)

No, it's only one location and one interview date; the same place the letter and the agent referred to. I will make sure to add my dates on the timeline and keep you updated. Thanks for the response :)

Thanks.

Can you confirm if your interview location is in
Virginia-Washington (2675 Prosperity Ave, Fairfax VA), which is the FO with jurisdiction over your place of residence and NOT some other FO in Washington DC as stated in one of your previous posts?

Hang in there, Tomas! You're not alone --- I'm waiting too. I did check with KCC yesterday to see if the FO had requested the case from them, and they had back on May 10. Took a weight off my mind, at least now I know that FO is working on things. I imagine I'm just stuck in the security check for now.
I just called KCC. they said my file was sent to my FO yesterday. So I hope something is about to happen soon :)

Hi Mom,
I have some questions regarding follow to join. I contacted KCC but they have given me different information to what I have found on the forum from this year and previous years.

1. KCC told me that my daughter would have to initiate the FTJ process by going to the consulate that will be processing (That consulate is 1200 miles away). I also know that you can't just rock up to the consulate. There was no mention of an i-824 either. Should I just fill in the i-824 and take it to the interview and ask my FO (we are still awaiting IL in NYC)?

2. I am uploading files to KCC today for her although I am still awaiting the police certificate. Is it a problem to not do them all at once?

3. Do we pay the fee once they have scheduled the interview? (the $330 DV fee)

Hi Mom,

I need some help PLEASE!

I am a F-1 student now.

OPT expired this February (02/2019)
Company filed the I-140 last month and after a few days received RFE Notice. (but company is not going to submit anything at this point)
Attorney emailed me the I-797C and is says Notice Type: Premium Processing Receipt Notice on the I-797C

So in this case, should I type the receipt number from the I-797C on form I-485?

I have a few questions. On form I-485 Part 2 - Question 3 & Question 4:

1. Receipt Number of Underlying Petition (Should I use the receipt number on the I-797C?)
2. How about Priority Date from Underlying Petition? Am I supposed to type it? Or leave it blank? Since the I-797C is not the approval notice.
3. Also "Provide your most recent address outside of the United States where you lived for more than one year." Do I have to fill in my hometown country's address? Or leave it blank because I have been staying in USA for the past five years.

Thank you!

Hi Mom,
I have some questions regarding follow to join. I contacted KCC but they have given me different information to what I have found on the forum from this year and previous years.

1. KCC told me that my daughter would have to initiate the FTJ process by going to the consulate that will be processing (That consulate is 1200 miles away). I also know that you can't just rock up to the consulate. There was no mention of an i-824 either. Should I just fill in the i-824 and take it to the interview and ask my FO (we are still awaiting IL in NYC)?

2. I am uploading files to KCC today for her although I am still awaiting the police certificate. Is it a problem to not do them all at once?

3. Do we pay the fee once they have scheduled the interview? (the $330 DV fee)

1. KCC does not process AOS or FTJ, they do not schedule FTJ interview, their part of the process ends with KCC file transfer your FO. You are responsible for getting your FO to forward your case file (following your AOS approval) to the applicable embassy where your daughter is expected to do FTJ via CP. The embassy will then schedule the interview date based on their workload and contact your daughter with the information.

2. It is better to do everything at once.

3. Fee gets paid at the embassy when she goes for her interview.

Hello everyone,

Today I (principal applicant) and my wife (derivative applicant) attended our interview at the Fairfax office. IO appeared as a very calm person. At the beginning, he asked to see state IDs or driver's licenses, our passports. We also gave him our medicals, he did not open them during the interview though. He went simultaneously through all Yes/No questions for me and my wife. He also asked us our full names, dob, our parents names and if my wife met them, when each of us first arrived in the USA and last arrival dates as well, asked my wife to list all addresses where she used to live.
Asked our date of marriage, if we live together and where, if we have children anywhere in the world. In addition, he also asked me about army service in my home country, what were my duties and if I received any weapon training.
He asked to see a payment confirmation for speeding ticket which I had last year. He did not ask for any other documents, my wife asked him herself if he would like to see her I-20s, certificate of enrollment, original birth certificate or our pictures, he only took certificate of enrollment and looked at her birth certificate. I also showed him my originals - birth certificate, high school diploma and bachelor's diploma.
He twice asked me if I ever was in prison anywhere in the world. And also, if I do not mind to tell him what my asylum case is about (my asylum case is still pending), and asked if I filed for the asylum while I was still in school - the answer is yes.
At the end, he said that our background checks were cleared, and that he is waiting for my asylum file, and that we will get a response in 30 days.
Fingers crossed.

Hi Mom,

I need some help PLEASE!

I am a F-1 student now.

OPT expired this February (02/2019)
Company filed the I-140 last month and after a few days received RFE Notice. (but company is not going to submit anything at this point)
Attorney emailed me the I-797C and is says Notice Type: Premium Processing Receipt Notice on the I-797C

So in this case, should I type the receipt number from the I-797C on form I-485?

I have a few questions. On form I-485 Part 2 - Question 3 & Question 4:

1. Receipt Number of Underlying Petition (Should I use the receipt number on the I-797C?)
2. How about Priority Date from Underlying Petition? Am I supposed to type it? Or leave it blank? Since the I-797C is not the approval notice.
3. Also "Provide your most recent address outside of the United States where you lived for more than one year." Do I have to fill in my hometown country's address? Or leave it blank because I have been staying in USA for the past five years.

Thank you!

1. No. The DV based AOS petition you’re about to file is is not related to your pending I-140.
2. Leave it blank, not applicable to DV based AOS petition.
3. Enter the address of where you were living prior to your coming to the US 5 years ago.

Hi Mom,

My husband and I did Biometrics on 25th June. My status on online tool changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" on the same day but still my husband's status is "Fingerprint Fee Was Received". Is that normal ?

Thanks in advance.