• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom,
I called Tier2 last week & had them to request service request for biometric appointment letter since it has been more than a month. Today i called them again & they couldn't find request in their system so they requested it again and gave me ref no. I requested to be transferred to Tier 2 officer. They will call me back in few hours. Would you recommend that I ask for info pass as well? Would that expedite the issue (biometric letter appointment) ?
Thanks

I have the same issue here. It's been more than a month and also sent a service request yesterday. I am brainstorming possible reasons for the delay and the only reason I can find it may be the early filing. We sent our application right after all case numbers became current (submitted in Mid-May for July). Is that your case by any chance? Or did have your biometrics taken before for other cases? Maybe they skip the appointment if they have your info...

I don't think the early filing is the issue since I know few other applicants whom received their bio letter. It could be the FO. I am not really sure. The issue is that every time I call, I receive different answer.We should just keep following up. I ll try to see if Tier2 can give me infopass? Other than that I really don't know what else to do...

Hi Mom,
I called Tier2 last week & had them to request service request for biometric appointment letter since it has been more than a month. Today i called them again & they couldn't find request in their system so they requested it again and gave me ref no. I requested to be transferred to Tier 2 officer. They will call me back in few hours. Would you recommend that I ask for info pass as well? Would that expedite the issue (biometric letter appointment) ?
Thanks

Yes you may request an INFOPASS to enable you follow up if the response from the 2nd tier officer doesn’t seem encouraging. Although I have to state the FO isn’t responsible for scheduling biometric appointments, this is done by the NBC (National Benefits Centre).

I have the same issue here. It's been more than a month and also sent a service request yesterday. I am brainstorming possible reasons for the delay and the only reason I can find it may be the early filing. We sent our application right after all case numbers became current (submitted in Mid-May for July). Is that your case by any chance? Or did have your biometrics taken before for other cases? Maybe they skip the appointment if they have your info...

Bio notification is not impacted by early filing, the NBC schedules and issue bio notification following AOS package acceptance by the Chicago Lockbox. If you already got your NOA, it means your package wasn’t rejected due to early filing. The only other place early filing could come into play is at the FO, (which is after the bio stage) the petition gets denied in that case.

Bio notification is not impacted by early filing, the NBC schedules and issue bio notification following AOS package acceptance by the Chicago Lockbox. If you already got your NOA, it means your package wasn’t rejected due to early filing. The only other place early filing could come into play is at the FO, (which is after the bio stage) the petition gets denied in that case.[/QUOTET

Thanks mom, it's good to know! To be honest, we thought there wouldn't be a problem with early filing since the USCIS website says that they post the bulletin a month in advance specifically to give us time to submit the application earlier since it's a long process.

Hello Mom
I submitted my application on April 15th to the USCIS, my i-693 form was signed by the doctor on April 23rd. I was going to take medical with me to the interview. My interview date is 06/27/2019.

1. Is my medical still valid?
2. If not, what can I do, as the doctor who signed the medical is on vacation till July 8th?

Hi Mom,
So Tier2 officer told me to wait a bit longer since the Service Request (Biometric Appointment Letter) was done last week.. I now have two service request since one was also done today by Tier1 officer. Tier2 officer also advised me to check with KCC and see if I can get any more info or perhaps expedite the process.. Would calling KCC help?
Thanks

Hello Mom. My case number is AS10xxx. The payment got cashed on june 19. I am currently on 180 days grace period after expiration of OPT and my opt extension is still pending. I will be out of status in about three weeks. 1. Do you think this may cause any issues in my DV AOS process?
2. I have not applied for i485 ead as I though there is not enough time to be processed. Is it an option to apply now?
3. My wife is on H1B. is this a good idea to send another application for H4?

Thanks

Hello Mom
I submitted my application on April 15th to the USCIS, my i-693 form was signed by the doctor on April 23rd. I was going to take medical with me to the interview. My interview date is 06/27/2019.

1. Is my medical still valid?
2. If not, what can I do, as the doctor who signed the medical is on vacation till July 8th?

The validity period of medical report is 60 days from when the CS signs the form. Yours will be 73 days old by the time you present it. I don’t know if your IO will overlook the 13 days difference or not.

Hi Mom,
So Tier2 officer told me to wait a bit longer since the Service Request (Biometric Appointment Letter) was done last week.. I now have two service request since one was also done today by Tier1 officer. Tier2 officer also advised me to check with KCC and see if I can get any more info or perhaps expedite the process.. Would calling KCC help?
Thanks

KCC has nothing to do with the AOS process outside of sending the KCC file when requested by the FO. KCC cannot expedite the AOS process, calling KCC is of no use in this case.

The validity period of medical report is 60 days from when the CS signs the form. Yours will be 73 days old by the time you present it. I don’t know if your IO will overlook the 13 days difference or not.
Thank you for your reply!
1. Can the case be denied due to this or IO will request a new medical?

Hello Mom. My case number is AS10xxx. The payment got cashed on june 19. I am currently on 180 days grace period after expiration of OPT and my opt extension is still pending. I will be out of status in about three weeks. 1. Do you think this may cause any issues in my DV AOS process?
2. I have not applied for i485 ead as I though there is not enough time to be processed. Is it an option to apply now?
3. My wife is on H1B. is this a good idea to send another application for H4?

Thanks

1. It shouldn’t.
2. Not likely to be processed before September 30th.
3. Can’t answer that, not a DV based AOS process related question.

Hello mom,
When I called USCIS they said that my case is in the Washington Field Office. Can they send your case from NBC to FO before sending the bio letter? As far as I know, NBC is in Missouri.
Thanks so much!

Hello mom,
When I called USCIS they said that my case is in the Washington Field Office. Can they send your case from NBC to FO before sending the bio letter? As far as I know, NBC is in Missouri.
Thanks so much!

Yes that is possible.

Hi! So we are currently on J1/J2 status, which expires on July 4th :(((
Our interview was on May 29th, still have no response. We didn't get anything yet - no EAD, no parole, even though we applied in February.
What are we supposed to do? Is there anything we can do to speed up their process?
Or get our EADs at least?
We called them, and made expedite request, but got this :
On June 17, 2019, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that your case is pending at this time. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely and efficient manner while also ensuring public safety, national security and compliance with all relevant directives. We are unable to determine at this time when the review process for your I-485 will be completed. We will mail you a notice when or if any action is required.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Our interview was on May 29th, still have no response. We didn't get anything yet - no EAD, no parole, even though we applied in February.
What are we supposed to do? Is there anything we can do to speed up their process?

Unfortunately, you’ll have to stop working once your current status expires if your AOS or EAD approval is still pending. EAD processing currently takes 5 to 7 months.

How did your interview go on May 29th? Was there any indication your IO was likely to approve your petition shortly? Do you know if your background check has cleared or was still pending as at the time of your interview? Do you know if you FO already requested and received your KCC file?

I think you expedite your i485 instead your i765.
My employer expedite my i765 and they get an answer fast.
Also I have applied on February for my i485 and no interview yet.

Unfortunately, you’ll have to stop working once your current status expires if your AOS or EAD approval is still pending. EAD processing currently takes 5 to 7 months.

How did your interview go on May 29th? Was there any indication your IO was likely to approve your petition shortly? Do you know if your background check has cleared or was still pending as at the time of your interview? Do you know if you FO already requested and received your KCC file?

Thanks for replying!
We are really frustrated about this :( The status of our case was not updated since fingerprints, when we called them last week, we were told to wait for the interview! Ridiculous!
I think interview went well, officer seemed nice, the only thing - he was really interested in my husband's work experience. But also, he promised to reply in four weeks.
Maybe he sent it for another background check :(