• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom,
1. I got the approval notice today. Do we receive both the approval notice and welcome letter?. or just one?.
2. Do they normally update the online status when they mail the new card?.

Thank you Mom, fingers crossed i will hear something from them before July 9th. If not I will check with you again on the next step.
Hi Mom, i woke up today and found 3 sms from USCIS saying they have finally accepted my package and also the checks where cashed :) :) :) so wanted to share the good news.
Thank you again and i hope that the remaining processing for my case will continue smoothly
Thanks again :)

Hi Mom, i woke up today and found 3 sms from USCIS saying they have finally accepted my package and also the checks where cashed :):):) so wanted to share the good news.
Thank you again and i hope that the remaining processing for my case will continue smoothly
Thanks again :)

HALLELUJAH! AMEN!! ...... lol
tenor.gif

One step closer :)

Hi Mom,
1. I got the approval notice today. Do we receive both the approval notice and welcome letter?. or just one?.
2. Do they normally update the online status when they mail the new card?.

1. Congratulations on the approval notice. Stop worrying about what other document outside of the actual GC you may or may not receive. Just look forward to getting your GC in the next couple of days.

2. One of those who recently completed this process can better answer this.

1. Congratulations on the approval notice. Stop worrying about what other document outside of the actual GC you may or may not receive. Just look forward to getting your GC in the next couple of days.

2. One of those who recently completed this process can better answer this.
Thanks mom!. I am feeling better now. :)

He mentioned that if you are travelling within 7-10 days after being approved, which is a bad idea to be honest, you should follow these instructions:
1) Wait until you get approved online or CPO
2) Call USCIS Contact Center Number: 800 375 5283 - number provided on my NOA and on https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter
3) Then they should see that you are approved online and ask them for I-551 stamp on your passport - Temporary GC
4) I guess it is like getting an infoPass; he mentioned that it would be in the same NY Federal Plaza building in my case.

Your pseudonym remind me an anecdote from this morning: the officer mentioned that he had only aussie (OC?) cases in the morning - I said that I was happy to diversify #i485icebreaker.

I called up about this today as I am needing to travel at end of this week and dont think GC will arrive in time. After been on hold for about an hour, the USICS person I spoke to told me that they will not approve the stamp in your passport for temporary travel if your greencard has already been marked as in processing they will not give you a stamp as you dont qualify. Thought maybe I just got a bad person so I called up again today and basically got told the same thing. If its an emergency like someone has died, they can put u on a list for an emergency infopass appt but that can take 48 hrs to book so seems like a hassle. Weird because the CO made it seem like it was easy and not a big deal at all in my interview. Guess Ill just be staying put till it arrives, hopefully doesnt take too long in mail.

A little info for those in NYC. I tried to do walk in biometrics at the Manhattan USCIS on West Houston, but the polite, yet stern lady rejected me. They are just too busy this week, she said. I told her I wasn't sure if I could make it to appointment at the Brooklyn USCIS next week and the Manhattan office is close to my work, but she just told me to go back to the Manhattan location on the appointment date and they would process then.

Not the end of the world, but maybe this info helps anyone considering walk in this week or even next.

I called up about this today as I am needing to travel at end of this week and dont think GC will arrive in time. After been on hold for about an hour, the USICS person I spoke to told me that they will not approve the stamp in your passport for temporary travel if your greencard has already been marked as in processing they will not give you a stamp as you dont qualify. Thought maybe I just got a bad person so I called up again today and basically got told the same thing. If its an emergency like someone has died, they can put u on a list for an emergency infopass appt but that can take 48 hrs to book so seems like a hassle. Weird because the CO made it seem like it was easy and not a big deal at all in my interview. Guess Ill just be staying put till it arrives, hopefully doesnt take too long in mail.

Oh so you asked during your interview as well?
I guess it is meant to be a hassle to avoid having unreasonable requests.

I did not try and don't think it is necessary in my case - seemed easier to manage expectations of the people that I am going to meet rather than pushing USCIS' limits.
I trust the combined powers of General Dynamics of Corbin KY and USPS to respectively forge and pony-express my card ASAP.

Oh so you asked during your interview as well?
I guess it is meant to be a hassle to avoid having unreasonable requests.

I did not try and don't think it is necessary in my case - seemed easier to manage expectations of the people that I am going to meet rather than pushing USCIS' limits.
I trust the combined powers of General Dynamics of Corbin KY and USPS to respectively forge and pony-express my card ASAP.

Yes hoping so to...but with the holiday this week I think its looking very doubtful unfortunately :(

Hi Mom,

Another quick question:

I called up KCC, just to check if my local FO has requested the case from them yet...and the lady told me that I have to actually put in a request myself at the local FO for them to request the case materials from KCC. I told her that I had no idea that I was supposed to do this and cannot due to the nonavailability of INFOPASS appointments at the Minneapolis FO, and she just told me to try another office. She said that since this is an AOS petition, the "local FO will not request the case from KCC directly. The applicant has to go ahead and tell them to do it" Uh what?

Did I misread something in the spreadsheet, or is this something new? Thanks!

Hi Mom,

Another quick question:

I called up KCC, just to check if my local FO has requested the case from them yet...and the lady told me that I have to actually put in a request myself at the local FO for them to request the case materials from KCC. I told her that I had no idea that I was supposed to do this and cannot due to the nonavailability of INFOPASS appointments at the Minneapolis FO, and she just told me to try another office. She said that since this is an AOS petition, the "local FO will not request the case from KCC directly. The applicant has to go ahead and tell them to do it" Uh what?

I called KCC and they told me the FO requested my file themselves. I don't think you should request it.

Hi Mom,

Another quick question:

The KCC rep you spoke with clearly is clueless regarding the AOS process. You don’t put in a request to your assigned FO or any other FO for them to request your KCC file. Ignore what she said. Wait a while and call again, hopefully your call gets routed someone else more knowledgeable.

Hi All and Mom,
I don't know how to start but my situation has changed dramatically.....

I have been waiting for my IL as you know.
Unfortunatly yesterday I was diagnosed with leukemia and being hospitalized and will be at least 4 weeks.

My health is the most important thing now, but I am thinking about my dv Visa as well since it is once in a lifetime opportunity.

What do you recommend if my IL letter shows up in my mailbox? Should I try to reschedule? Talk to a lawyer maybe he can represent me without me being there?
Or I am going to be denied because of this new health condition of mine.

I am totally lost now.

Hi All and Mom,

Unfortunatly yesterday I was diagnosed with leukemia and being hospitalized and will be at least 4 weeks.

My health is the most important thing now, but I am thinking about my dv Visa as well since it is once in a lifetime opportunity.

What do you recommend if my IL letter shows up in my mailbox? Should I try to reschedule? Talk to a lawyer maybe he can represent me without me being there?

I am totally lost now.
I am so sorry to hear that.
I hope they can granted you the green card without interview.
Maybe someone from USCIS comes to you.
Call uscis number if you get a chance.

Hi All and Mom,

I am totally lost now.

Focus on your health, and don't worry about "what if" scenarios until they happen. Chances are you will be through most of your treatment before you get the IL.