• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

My husband and I did Biometrics on 25th June. My status on online tool changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" on the same day but still my husband's status is "Fingerprint Fee Was Received". Is that normal ?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, not unusual

Hi Mom,

My husband and I did Biometrics on 25th June. My status on online tool changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" on the same day but still my husband's status is "Fingerprint Fee Was Received". Is that normal ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
They might not be updating status of the all the applicants. My status changed to Finger Review was completed but my husband's status was same as yours. but we had our interview. It was not a problem I think.

Hi Mom and all,
We had our interview. They took us inside before 15 minutes. Waited 10 minutes then a gentleman called my name. He seems familiar with the process. Took oath. Then started asking where we met when we were married. Mostly about marriage. Never asked for photos or anything. Went through Yes/no questions for both of us same time. We got approved on the spot.

Thanks everyone in the forum specially mom. I am really grateful your patience and all the guidance and resources. I will give 100 % credit to you.

Am Thomas From Ghana I have been selected for 2019/2020 dv lottery and am done with the DS 260 forms only can I attached any documents with it ?if yes can you please help me with the requirements and how do I attached to it after submitting the DS 260 forms.

So my package was received on the 19th June and I received this email on the 27th June, does this mean that my package was correctly submitted and they will send out bio-metrics letter next?

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797)

Hi Mom and all,
We had our interview. They took us inside before 15 minutes. Waited 10 minutes then a gentleman called my name. He seems familiar with the process. Took oath. Then started asking where we met when we were married. Mostly about marriage. Never asked for photos or anything. Went through Yes/no questions for both of us same time. We got approved on the spot.

Thanks everyone in the forum specially mom. I am really grateful your patience and all the guidance and resources. I will give 100 % credit to you.

Great news! Congratulations!! :)

Do update the timeline spreadsheet if you’re yet to do so.

Am Thomas From Ghana I have been selected for 2019/2020 dv lottery and am done with the DS 260 forms only can I attached any documents with it ?if yes can you please help me with the requirements and how do I attached to it after submitting the DS 260 forms.

Documents are not required to be attached to the DS260 form.

There’s no DV 2019/2020, you’re either a DV2019 or DV2020 selectee - being precise with the selection year helps determine which thread to post into which helps us better help you. By the way, are you a selectee currently based in the US?

No, it’s not ridiculous! Online status typically does not get updated until after the I-485 is adjudicated, so nothing unusual in that.

Clearly if background check is pending or yet to clear, I-485 will not get approved regardless of how friendly the IO might have appeared. This is something you could have asked about at the end of your interview.

For starters, call KCC and ask if your case file has been requested by your FO, if yes ask when it was requested. Also follow up by asking to know if the file got sent and when. Do this as a first step in your follow up process.

What does it mean by requested by FO? And how it can help us now?
And is there a way to check if our background check is finished?

Hello everyone,

Today I (principal applicant) and my wife (derivative applicant) attended our interview at the Fairfax office. IO appeared as a very calm person. At the beginning, he asked to see state IDs or driver's licenses, our passports. We also gave him our medicals, he did not open them during the interview though. He went simultaneously through all Yes/No questions for me and my wife. He also asked us our full names, dob, our parents names and if my wife met them, when each of us first arrived in the USA and last arrival dates as well, asked my wife to list all addresses where she used to live.
Asked our date of marriage, if we live together and where, if we have children anywhere in the world. In addition, he also asked me about army service in my home country, what were my duties and if I received any weapon training.
He asked to see a payment confirmation for speeding ticket which I had last year. He did not ask for any other documents, my wife asked him herself if he would like to see her I-20s, certificate of enrollment, original birth certificate or our pictures, he only took certificate of enrollment and looked at her birth certificate. I also showed him my originals - birth certificate, high school diploma and bachelor's diploma.
He twice asked me if I ever was in prison anywhere in the world. And also, if I do not mind to tell him what my asylum case is about (my asylum case is still pending), and asked if I filed for the asylum while I was still in school - the answer is yes.
At the end, he said that our background checks were cleared, and that he is waiting for my asylum file, and that we will get a response in 30 days.
Fingers crossed.
Hi!
We also went to Fairfax office!
Was it also officer C****llo? For us it's been more than 30 days, and still no updates :C

What does it mean by requested by FO? And how it can help us now?
And is there a way to check if our background check is finished?

If your FO does not have your case file from KCC, your AOS petition cannot be approved. In order to have the KCC file, your FO has to send a request to KCC for the case file to get sent.

Hi!
Was it also officer C****llo? For us it's been more than 30 days, and still no updates :C
Hi, yes same officer. May i ask what’s your status and when you had an interview? I couldnt find you on the timeline. Did you try infopass?

Hi, yes same officer. May i ask what’s your status and when you had an interview? I couldnt find you on the timeline. Did you try infopass?
We are on j1 j2 , web site still says fingerprints were received. We are not there , and infopass appointments are not accepted anymore

Call the USCIS 1800 number to follow up on this.
Small status update

I have called them but could not find out how to get a real person.
Instead I have used Emma on their website, it is very easy to reach an actual person from there.

I contacted them twice:
1) The first time they suggested I contact my local post office as my NOA was sent on the 06/12 and because I don't have my name on my mailbox (no one does in my building).
=> The post office could not help me at all

2) The second time they suggested I wait for the 30 days mark to be reached. I also asked whether or not my bio letter had been sent and they said no.
=> I guess I need to wait a bit more, I am kinda worried that even when the 30 days mark is reached, I won't be able to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Hi Mom,

I got my bio NOA today. Date is 12th July. I would like to try Walk In. Do we have to call USCIS (Detroit) before going there ?
Thanks

oops, I forgot to say - May 29th was our interview.
We are freaking out right now - our J1 has due date on July 4th

If your FO does not have your case file from KCC, your AOS petition cannot be approved. In order to have the KCC file, your FO has to send a request to KCC for the case file to get sent.

How do I know if we are in background check then? Will they tell me if I call them?
I'm afraid we fell into VISAS MANTIS

Last edited:
Hi!
Mine was the same officer. He also told me that it would take him 30days to review. However i was approved after two weeks. Was your file from kcc transferred to them?