• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

You can contact me to assist you 0246592440

You must stop this behavior. What help can you offer him? Are you the CO or kcc official?. We all got help from this platform and if you have any contributions, you put it here. Stop putting your number on a social platform like this and behave.

Good evening
On my SHS cert, there was a mistake with the date of birth in stead of 1993 it was 1994
I have done affidavit of the correction and gazetted it.
Is that going to be a problem?

The U.S embassy don't accept affidavits from commissioner of oaths. Its useless to them.But you can do it just in case.
Since the error with your D.O.B has to do with the DAY but not MONTH or the YEAR.I believe it might not even come up in your interview. I know because I had the same problem.And remember, WAEC don't change D.O.B.Also don't try to alter it for you it will end up worsening your case.
I have similar problem instead of 1993 it was made 1994 is that going to cause a problem for me? ? I have affidavit and I have also gazetted it.. but I have a university degree also.. my interview date is near and the error in the date of birth is giving me headaches

I have similar problem instead of 1993 it was made 1994 is that going to cause a problem for me? ? I have affidavit and I have also gazetted it.. but I have a university degree also.. my interview date is near and the error in the date of birth is giving me headaches

There are often errors in details in SHS certificates it seems. As long as they can be sure it is actually your certificate, and all your official documents (birth certificate, passport) are correct you should be fine.

Thank you very much for the quick response....the wrong date is my only problem apart from that everything is correct. I was even told to go with a WAEC scratch card should incase they want to check themselves

Thank you very much for the quick response....the wrong date is my only problem apart from that everything is correct. I was even told to go with a WAEC scratch card should incase they want to check themselves

The card is not necessary. If all your other documents bears the correct date of birth, you should not worry. You'll be fine. All the best and don't forget to share your interview experience as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for the quick response....the wrong date ismy only problem apart from that everything is correct. I was even told to go with a WAEC scratch card should incase they want to check themselves
The card is not necessary. If all your other documents bears the correct date of birth, you should not worry. You'll be fine. All the best and don't forget to share your interview experience as soon as possible.
Thanks very much and I will share my experience when am done. Thanks

The embassy is not supposed to keep the original documents, if they do you wouldn’t get them back ever.
Isaac the embassy don't need the original documents, they want the photocopies. Original documents are very important to you Isaac

@Tuga all those are old questions which have been answered and this guys have received their visas long ago so please be current and stop reposting already answered questions.

C
Magic man

Interview experience 02/04/2019

It all begun with dumsor, as I couldn't get electricity(power) to press my African wear, latter on changed to my normal working dress.( as normal for our Ghanaian perspective)

6:00 am, I left the house by dropping at the embasy at 7:15am. Just for a while, I saw a long queue marching under the tree heading towards the entrance near the security check point.
I became curious and run to fix myself just behind the last.
A lady came to check our appointment letters and later our passports were checked at the outside gate before we entered the first entrance.
At the first entrance, our bags were put on the wheel belt and moved ahead for scanning.

Our bodies were scanned and latter asked to further our journey to the second entrance.

@ the second entrance, the lady took our appointment letters and we were asked to comfortably sit.
Just within 30 minutes our names were called by order of submission of our appointment letters.
We all got to the last Boot (13) to pick the currency rate form (1 $ = 5.30p) and wrote our names and currency to be paid on the paper.

After this, another queue was formed to window 1 to pay our money ($ 330, or GHC 1749.00)
afterwards, the reciepts were taken and proceeded to the next round where our documents were sorted out for further interview.

Around 9:00 am, I was called to window 4.
( White man).
I was praying to ESCAPE the black American man @ window 6, because he denied the first guy this morning on educational requirements wassce .

Now at the burning furnace time.

CO: . Good morning young guy, welcome.

Magic: good morning sir how are you?

CO: Raise up your hands and swear this ............blablabla?

Magic man: I responded yes.

CO: I can see, u have a bachelor's degree from valley view university, is that true?

Magic man : Yes.

CO: when did you complete your high sch?.

Magic man: pardon?

Note: I internally pardoned in order to rememer by the time He would have finished asking the second time.

CO: I mean your high school year?

Magic man: 2003

CO: what ? 2010?

Magic man : no I said 2003.
CO: okay sorry.

CO: after high school year, what did you do?.

Magic man: I was a teacher ( private).

CO: which pupil do you teach ?

Magic man: elementary or basic school.

CO: thus nice.

CO: what work will you do in USA

Magic man: since teaching is my profession and had had an experience for 8 years plus 3 years teaching in private schools, I will further to teach in America.

CO: oh thus nice

CO; which state are u going.?

Magic man :...........

CO: whom are u going to stay with?

Magic man: my friend.

CO: you are a young brave man, congratulations, you are in America today, but take this printed form and read to follow the instructions for your visa in two weeks.
Bye bye.

Magic man: I just gave a smile back to him and thanked him.

CO: I like your gentle dressing too.

Magic man: thank you.

( note: dress to impress , not too much but look natural African, it counts, when I got der, he greeted me and welcomed me by my dressing: white Long sleeve - saint Phillip shirt, with my bow tie, and and designed belt). - dress your documents too with truth and that one will qualify you more.

Also don't forget your prayer, .......may God see anyone tru after reading my experience... Goodluck

Magic man......the magic is... though I had E in English at ssce 2003 but my diploma and degree sailed me truuu... Thus favor.

Thanks to this group especially, sam1mom, shellockery, Joe, .......
Congrats isaac

Congrats Bobbyman (Ucc alumni)
Hello Family,

i trust everyone is good.

My timelines...
Case No: 2019AF132**
eDV registration : 6 nov 2017
1NL: checked on 14th oct. 2018
DS260: Filled form on 20th oct. 2018
KCC email for required docs on: 5th nov 2018
Sent required docs on: 16th nov 2018
KCC confirmed docs received on: 7th dec 2018
2NL: 17th Jan 2019
Interview date: 14th March,2019.
Passport Pickup: 2nd April 2019

Documents
1NL
2NL
D260 Confirmation page
Birth cert
Educational certs(High sch cert , Univ.degree,Honours degree,Masters degree,PGCE)
Police certs( Ghana and South Africa)
Some professional body certificates
Passport
2 Passport pics

All security protocol observed

The interview.....

Me: good morning Sir
CO: good morning
CO: raise your right hand and swear........
Me: I swear that bla bla bla bla.....
CO: what is your highest level of education
Me: masters degree
CO: which institution did you had your degrees
Me: University of Cape Coast(ghana) and UNISA
CO: Whats UNISA
ME: oh sorry,University of South Africa
CO: ok
CO: What do you do
Me: am a teacher
CO: Where and what level do you teach
Me: South Africa,High school
CO: good
CO: Are you married
Me: No
CO: Do you have any child
CO: are you the one who transferred your interview from South Africa to Ghana?
Me: No( was confused at this stage whether it was a trick on me or what because i selected Gh on my ds260 andnever changed that).
CO: Have you been to the US before
CO: goodluck!!! am giving you this sheet,go through it and pick up your passport at dhl in 2weeks.
Me: thank you Sir( was expecting to hear 'congratulation,welcome to USA" not just goodluck)
CO: You are welcome

After 3 working days,my status changed from AP to issued on 19th( Was such a good feeling yeah!).
Exactly 2weeks of being on Issued,i received notification mail for passport pickup on 2nd April
Went to dhl for my passport on 4th April.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

My immense gratitude to @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom @nero1gh @Samtuga @Captain planet and all members here who made this page lively. @Frank Boakye founder of dv2019 gh page,thank you.

Let us continue to share the progress of our journey.
Sharing will make someone be in concern and be praying for you.So share right after interview.

NB: I delayed to share because i left my laptop in SA and forgot my password whiles in GH.

Am back to South Africa and preparing my resignation letter......lol

Goodluck to you all!!!

Good morning
I have al
Thank you very much for the quick response....the wrong date ismy only problem apart from that everything is correct. I was even told to go with a WAEC scratch card should incase they want to check themselves

Thanks very much and I will share my experience when am done. Thanks
Good evening, my quest
There are often errors in details in SHS certificates it seems. As long as they can be sure it is actually your certificate, and all your official documents (birth certificate, passport) are correct you should be fine.
Good evening, my previous question has already been answered concerning the year of birth on my wasse certificate instead of 1993 it was printed 1994. please i need further clarification; when i go for the interview should i point it out to them that i have a mistake with my year of birth and that i have affidavit and have also gazzerted the correction or i should just allow them to figure the error themselves and ask me questions about it. am a little nervous at this moment. i have a bachelors degree to add to the wasse cert(i completed uni just last year). Guys please i need advice. i can not afford to f*ck this up lol. Thank you very much as you reply to this.

Good morning
I have al

Good evening, my quest

Good evening, my previous question has already been answered concerning the year of birth on my wasse certificate instead of 1993 it was printed 1994. please i need further clarification; when i go for the interview should i point it out to them that i have a mistake with my year of birth and that i have affidavit and have also gazzerted the correction or i should just allow them to figure the error themselves and ask me questions about it. am a little nervous at this moment. i have a bachelors degree to add to the wasse cert(i completed uni just last year). Guys please i need advice. i can not afford to f*ck this up lol. Thank you very much as you reply to this.

You have been answered already. Keep your affidavit to yourself until until it comes up. Reposting the same question won't change anything. As we said, if all other documents are fine, then you will be fine so be calm.

You must stop this behavior. What help can you offer him? Are you the CO or kcc official?. We all got help from this platform and if you have any contributions, you put it here. Stop putting your number on a social platform like this and behave.

Tuga thanks for the advice, ur a brother, wen we go wrong we need correction. God bless you more tuga. Keep correcting us.