• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Local FO does not give Infopass any longer.
They do give infopasses, they just cant be booked online. You need to fix your situation asap. Call the USCIS number and select the option that says "book an infopass"

You will stay on hold for a while but be transferred to an operator that will put in an infopass request for you. This request will result in a call back some time within the next 72 hours. They only call once, they don't leave messages and you pretty much need to guard your phone.

When you talk to them be very clear that you need an infopass due to USCIS error and be rehearsed in explaining to them exactly what is going on.

The people who book the infopasses always say that they can't be done online anymore to free up space for those who "actually need it."

You actually need it.

It's been 120 days since Biometric and still, I haven't received my interview letter. I contacted the Ombudsman office on April 8, 2019. Yesterday I emailed them to know what's going on with my inquiry and their response was "Your case is currently in the queue to be assigned to an analyst, the current wait time for an analyst is approximately 90-120 business days. Once your case is assigned you will be notified."

1. Does the ombudsman office take so long to take action?

It's been 120 days since Biometric and still, I haven't received my interview letter. I contacted the Ombudsman office on April 8, 2019. Yesterday I emailed them to know what's going on with my inquiry and their response was "Your case is currently in the queue to be assigned to an analyst, the current wait time for an analyst is approximately 90-120 business days. Once your case is assigned you will be notified."

Try calling them by phone maybe?
Monday thru Friday
1-855-882-8100 (toll free) or
202-357-8100 (local)
Fax: 202-357-0042
These are from the website.

Just wanna share the ombudsman annual report. It might be helpful.
Google Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman's 2018 Annual Report to Congress
Thanks @Sean W for telling me this!
According to this report: page 29 regarding background check,
Expedited processing is available from the FBI but can only be requested by USCIS. To warrant expedited processing, a check must meet one or more of the following criteria: the individual’s membership in the military; compelling circumstances; mandamus actions; humanitarian reasons; age-outs; and selection for the Diversity Visa program.

Try calling them by phone maybe?
Monday thru Friday
1-855-882-8100 (toll free) or
202-357-8100 (local)
Fax: 202-357-0042
These are from the website.

Just wanna share the ombudsman annual report. It might be helpful.
Google Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman's 2018 Annual Report to Congress
Thanks @Sean W for telling me this!
According to this report: page 29 regarding background check,
Expedited processing is available from the FBI but can only be requested by USCIS. To warrant expedited processing, a check must meet one or more of the following criteria: the individual’s membership in the military; compelling circumstances; mandamus actions; humanitarian reasons; age-outs; and selection for the Diversity Visa program.

Yes expedited processing of background checks can be requested by USCIS and they tend to do so at their discretion. However this doesn’t happen simply because the AOS petition is DV based, the request for expedited processing tends to happen towards the end of the FY for DV based AOS cases. If the expedited processing returns a doubtful result, they will not go ahead and adjudicate the petition, further checks will still be requested.

Call the ombudsman’s office. Politely explain to them your case is DV based and would appreciate their assigning your request to an analyst as soon they possibly can accommodate the request.

Hi All,

I hope all is well and that packages are assembling themselves nicely.

Quick and benign question : If I am on a L1 visa, going through DV lottery without EAD, when is it safe to resign from my current position ? The day I receive said Green Card ?

Kind regards,

V

You should include those documents too, and not wait until they ask as a matter of fact - they serve as evidence of your continuously being in a legal status from when you arrived.

Mom,

A follow up on my previous question regarding including the support for my prior F1 status. I have everything assembled and ready to mail but missing two of my I-20's (2nd and 3rd year on F1 visa) that I can't find anywhere.....

I do have all other I-20's, including the first and the last ones. I also do have the F1 visa page from my old passport as well as the official degree transcript from my school. And I have all appropriate evidence for my current H1B status.

Do you think it would be worth the time to try and request those two missing I-20's from my school (I'll still contact tomorrow and see how long it would take), or would you rather go ahead and send the application? Thank you again.

1.Is it ok if I will send IRS account transcript instead of rtax return transcript?
2. My kid received WIC, should I indicate it in his form, mine or both?

Hi All,

I hope all is well and that packages are assembling themselves nicely.

Quick and benign question : If I am on a L1 visa, going through DV lottery without EAD, when is it safe to resign from my current position ? The day I receive said Green Card ?

Kind regards,

V

You can hand in resignation notice any day from when you receive your GC.

Mom,

A follow up on my previous question regarding including the support for my prior F1 status. I have everything assembled and ready to mail but missing two of my I-20's (2nd and 3rd year on F1 visa) that I can't find anywhere.....

I do have all other I-20's, including the first and the last ones. I also do have the F1 visa page from my old passport as well as the official degree transcript from my school. And I have all appropriate evidence for my current H1B status.

Do you think it would be worth the time to try and request those two missing I-20's from my school (I'll still contact tomorrow and see how long it would take), or would you rather go ahead and send the application? Thank you again.

You have options:
1. You can send the package as is without waiting for the two documents, and work on getting them in hand for your interview.
2. You can hold off on sending the package and wait until you’re able to get replacement ones from your school.
3. You can send in your package with what you currently have and not stress on getting the missing items.

1.Is it ok if I will send IRS account transcript instead of rtax return transcript?
2. My kid received WIC, should I indicate it in his form, mine or both?

1. IRS tax transcripts
2. You signed up for WIC, your kid did not sign up for WIC - your form must reflect that.

You have options:
1. You can send the package as is without waiting for the two documents, and work on getting them in hand for your interview.
2. You can hold off on sending the package and wait until you’re able to get replacement ones from your school.
3. You can send in your package with what you currently have and not stress on getting the missing items.

I think the option #1 makes the most sense. I’ll work on getting the documents in the mean time. Thanks for the suggestion Mom!

Hi Mom,

I am a bit confused with i-485 Part 1, 25.c "Provide your name exactly as it appears on your Form I-94". It asks for the middle name, but the i-94 form does not provide the middle name. Am I supposed to write something like "N/A," my actual middle name or leave it blank? Thanks!

Hi Mom,

I am a bit confused with i-485 Part 1, 25.c "Provide your name exactly as it appears on your Form I-94". It asks for the middle name, but the i-94 form does not provide the middle name. Am I supposed to write something like "N/A," my actual middle name or leave it blank? Thanks!

Leave it blank