• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hello,

I don't currently have and never had a personal checkbook, and also see that it takes 1-2 weeks to obtain it and spend extra $20. What if I just go the bank and use a cashier's check (AOS+beometric fee), will I be notified somehow that check was cashed (e.g., by email or regular mail)? Is there any downside of using a cashier's check for AOS+beometric fee? Thanks!

USCIS does not text or email to say one’s payment (be it a personal or cashiers check, or credit card) has been cashed or charged. The only notification they send, that is if you included formG-1145 with your package, is to let you know your package has been received.

The downside to using a cashier’s check is you wouldn’t be able to tell by simply looking at your account if it’s been cashed or not, you’ll need to contact your bank for that update.

Hi Mom and all,
I sent the AOS package for me (principal applicant) and my husband. He got 4 messages from USCIS and I did not received any text . I just noticed the he got two different receipt numbers. I hope it's a mistake and one should be my receipt number. Did this happen to anyone?. Also just wondering whether the receipt number starts with MSE??. Thanks all.

That’s normal, all the notifications get sent to one account, which could belong to the principal applicant or the derivative. It is not an error, one of the receipt numbers applies to you.

I had to travel abroad for my work the time I submitted my I-485 (I made the mistake thinking I could travel until that date). Consequently, during the interview we had with my wife, she got the green card, but they told me it was a "half deny"... and I had to go and redo the whole process. I just did my biometric and now I am waiting for my interview, where I need to know if my wife needs to attend.

thank you
Hi Frenchfries59,

I have a question. When you entered back to US, were you questioned at the port of entry about your immigrant intent?

Hi Mom - I have another question that I would like your insight on:

I came here initiailly under F1 visa and then, after a brief OPT period, switched to H1B. As support for my immigration status, I'm providing the following (photocopies):
1) H1B support - I-797A (current and expired), visa stamp, employment letter, paystubs, W-2
2) Prior status support - EAD card (expired), F1 visa stamp (expired), degree transcripts

Given I'm currently under H1B, my guess is I'll only need to submit H1B-related support. But would they ask for the support for my old F1 status too (I-20, enrollment verification document, etc)? Thank you for your time!

Hi Mom - I have another question that I would like your insight on:

I came here initiailly under F1 visa and then, after a brief OPT period, switched to H1B. As support for my immigration status, I'm providing the following (photocopies):
1) H1B support - I-797A (current and expired), visa stamp, employment letter, paystubs, W-2
2) Prior status support - EAD card (expired), F1 visa stamp (expired), degree transcripts

Given I'm currently under H1B, my guess is I'll only need to submit H1B-related support. But would they ask for the support for my old F1 status too (I-20, enrollment verification document, etc)? Thank you for your time!

You should include those documents too, and not wait until they ask as a matter of fact - they serve as evidence of your continuously being in a legal status from when you arrived.

Hi All,

I
Thank you for your reply.

Actually on myuscis website the status for my i485 and i765 is the same. Something like we have received your petition and reviewing it. You dont have ro do anything for now.

However on egov.uscis i could not register cause of some technical glitch but checked my case numbers. For my i765 it says you file was receved on the 15th etc. Regarding my i485 it says: finger printing fee accepted.

Right now the old site shows more detailed info.
I will check them and keep you posted
Hi All,

I am just curios if anyone had able to register on the egov.uscis website lately. I tried with a different email address too but no luck. My login attempt goes to an error code all the time.

Hi All,

I

Hi All,

I am just curios if anyone had able to register on the egov.uscis website lately. I tried with a different email address too but no luck. My login attempt goes to an error code all the time.

Hi Tommasi80,
I have the exact same problem.
These are how mine looks like.

I tried to email
myUSCISsupport@uscis.dhs.gov

No one replied back. Called USCIS 1-800- National customer services line...they cannot fix the problem either.
Keep waiting...

Attachments

• Check case status account.png
    Check case status account.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • Check case status error.png
    Check case status error.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 20
Hi Tommasi80,
I have the exact same problem.
These are how mine looks like.

I tried to email
myUSCISsupport@uscis.dhs.gov

No one replied back. Called USCIS 1-800- National customer services line...they cannot fix the problem either.
Keep waiting...
So I am not the only one then.
I also contacted USCIS and waiting for them.

Please see below mine. One of them is when I try to login with my user and password (i was not able to get in ever) and the second one is when I ask for a password reset or user name retrieval.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190430-202329_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190430-202329_Chrome.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20190430-202347_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190430-202347_Chrome.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 14
Hi Mom,

It has been 60 days since we did the biometrics, as per the information from previous years (timelines) the average time for the FO (Houston) is ~55 days. Although this year the only case from same FO took 72 days. My chargeable country is Ecuador.
1 Do you suggest it is time to get assistance from the congress person to get an update on the case?
2 What type of questions should we pass to the congress person.
3 The FO is not accepting InfoPass. In the USCIS page there is an option "Ask about a case outside of normal processing times - Case Inquiry". Is this a valid option to get an update on the case status?

Regards,
Juan Carlos

Hi Mom,

It has been 60 days since we did the biometrics, as per the information from previous years (timelines) the average time for the FO (Houston) is ~55 days. Although this year the only case from same FO took 72 days. My chargeable country is Ecuador.
1 Do you suggest it is time to get assistance from the congress person to get an update on the case?
2 What type of questions should we pass to the congress person.
3 The FO is not accepting InfoPass. In the USCIS page there is an option "Ask about a case outside of normal processing times - Case Inquiry". Is this a valid option to get an update on the case status?

Regards,
Juan Carlos

1. Wait at least the 72 days already reported this FY for your FO.
2. The Congress person’s office isn’t going to deliver a message to your FO on your behalf, they will simply be asking USCIS for a status update on your behalf.
3. It is a valid USCIS link, however I don’t think whoever reviews it will consider your case beyond normal processing time because they do not track processing time for DV based AOS petitions - technically speaking all DV based AOS petitions are not considered beyond normal processing time as they always get prioritized over all other AOS petitions which takes well over 6 months to a couple of years to complete.

See if your bank can issue starter/counter checks. I don’t have a checkbook either but my bank printed a sheet of 8 checks on the spot for only $2.50.

I don’t believe USCIS sends a text or email saying they cashed the payment. You’d have to look at your bank account to see if the check was cleared.
Thanks, it worked! They can be just printed at the counter.

Just want to confirm that I do NOT need to bring additional passport photos to my interview, right? Since I already sent photos in with the AOS package and they took my photo at the biometrics exam.

Just want to confirm that I do NOT need to bring additional passport photos to my interview, right? Since I already sent photos in with the AOS package and they took my photo at the biometrics exam.
You don't need to bring passport photos to the interview.

Received the I-797 notice for the AOS package "Received Date March 08 2019" that was sent in January, however they have classified into my I-140 category that was previously filed and is still pending. How do I get USCIS to rectify and change this category to apply it towards the DV2019 category?

Received the I-797 notice for the AOS package "Received Date March 08 2019" that was sent in January, however they have classified into my I-140 category that was previously filed and is still pending. How do I get USCIS to rectify and change this category to apply it towards the DV2019 category?

INFOPASS! right away.