• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

I remember health insurance being mentioned here but it's probably buried 15 pages back. Does anyone still have that link?

I'm assuming travel insurance won't apply to someone who is a permanent resident so that will only work until we cross the border

The links are on Simons website, if you can use those ones as they are affiliate links and while the health insurance doesn’t cost anymore it helps him out.

There are some great plans available but some of them seem to exclude Australia and New Zealand.

Flights are booked for the 16th of June, 4 day stay in LA for the kids and then on to Austin on the 20th.
So exciting Bob! The kids will love DisneyLand.... hint fast passes grab them in the morning for the rides you want to go on and then go for a wander and have something to eat, by the time you are finished you can start to use the passes. Also remember you can come and go from the park so if they get tired you can go back to the hotel for a nap and then come back to watch the fireworks and the parade.

Thanks....and it's not just the kids looking forward to Disneyland *cough*
Hey its the happiest place on earth for kids of all ages. Be sure to check out the restaurants in the middle part between Disneyland and Disney California there are some great places to eat there and its free entry. They also have beignet from Cafe Du Monde a New Orleans staple.

For those that had their medical in Brisbane can you tell me what the cost was and if you had the additional injections there or elsewhere.

Hey @Aidyn do you think that 2 weeks between the Dr's visit and interview is enough time?
I think so, I'm pretty sure my medical report was ready to be sent to the Embassy within a week. You can always check with the ladies in the doctors office, they're super nice and will be able to tell you roughly how long it takes to get your report ready and sent.

For those that had their medical in Brisbane can you tell me what the cost was and if you had the additional injections there or elsewhere.
Quoted cost was $605, they request a $100 deposit when you book and the remainder to be paid at the time of your appointment.
I did not need any additional vaccinations, I did have MMR and Boostrix (diptheria, tetnus, pertussus booster) given by my doctor prior to my medical (cost for those was $35). Dr Yates mentioned that I didnt need to have one of these, sorry cant remember which one.
Given the timing of your appointment you may need the flu shot, he said I didnt need it because it wasnt yet available

Cool thanks for that. I have to get some injections done before hand anyway as I already have the scripts. We get the Flu shot for free at work so I am hoping that it will be released soon.

Flights are booked for the 16th of June, 4 day stay in LA for the kids and then on to Austin on the 20th.
Congrats Bob, what did you receive back from the consulate? The Visa and the envelope you are not supposed to open?

Still waiting on mine, getting nervous... Will contact the consulate on Monday if I don't get a notification from Aus post.

Once you enter the US how long does it take to get the Green Card? I only want to do a short activation trip, I will most likely go for 2 weeks and have some meetings in LA, catch up with some friends. last time I was in LA I won Backstage Green Room passes to Jimmy Kimmel in a raffle so will do that haha

Yes the visa on the passports (which are stickers, not stamps) and an envelope for each of us. Also some instructions to pay the GC fee and a few pages giving advice to new migrants. (such as how to get a SS card etc)

Congrats Bob, what did you receive back from the consulate? The Visa and the envelope you are not supposed to open?

Still waiting on mine, getting nervous... Will contact the consulate on Monday if I don't get a notification from Aus post.

Once you enter the US how long does it take to get the Green Card? I only want to do a short activation trip, I will most likely go for 2 weeks and have some meetings in LA, catch up with some friends. last time I was in LA I won Backstage Green Room passes to Jimmy Kimmel in a raffle so will do that haha
Have you checked the website does it say that it’s been posted

I seem to have fallen down a link blackhole after reading through simons website

https://www.visitorscoverage.com/green-card-health-insurance/plans/

Is this where i should be going? What type of costs are we talking about?
My quote for the Patriot America coverage is $776 usd from July 1st to December 31st which after going to the Affordable Care Act insurance site seems to be cheaper than the plans there which are around $220 - $270 per month.