• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi,
I have read somewhere that the medical should be done only two months before we submit documents. Is it true?. My case # is AS90xx. I have already done my medical. It seems like I have to do it again. Is my # safe for AOS?. When I talked to USCIS, they told me that I am eligible for AOS as long as I have legal status.
Thanks!!

The new requirement is for the medical exam to be signed by the CS conducting the exam no earlier than 2 months before AOS filing and acceptance.

I don’t know if your CN is safe or not - wait and see, to borrow Simon’s expression.

The new requirement is for the medical exam to be signed by the CS conducting the exam no earlier than 2 months before AOS filing and acceptance.

I don’t know if your CN is safe or not - wait and see, to borrow Simon’s expression.
Thank you so much!

I am a Green Card holder/ permanent résident, i would like to travel to visit my original country ..do i need to apply for a travel document or I can just use my green card and my original passport?

I am a Green Card holder/ permanent résident, i would like to travel to visit my original country ..do i need to apply for a travel document or I can just use my green card and my original passport?

I will make an exception and answer your question, but you do realize this particular thread is meant for answering DV based AOS process related issues since you went through the process yourself a short while ago.

You only need your GC and a valid passport to return to the US following a short visit to your home country. No other travel document required.

I will make an exception and answer your question, but you do realize this particular thread is meant for answering DV based AOS process related issues since you went through the process yourself a short while ago.

You only need your GC and a valid passport to return to the US following a short visit to your home country. No other travel document required.

Sorry I know but I couldn’t find exactly where to post my question that’s why I used this thread thanks so much ... very grateful for your help.

Sorry have no advice @PhilR . I am also waiting on my IL. It will be three months already by the end of this week. According to other people's experience when they call USCIS line, tier 1 officers always say the process is within normal timeline. So it is better to schedule an infopass. I am also giving it another 1-2 weeks and then will schedule an infopass hopefully.

I tried scheduling an infopass appointment but they said I wasn't eligible. I have no idea what to do now and am beginning to get worried.

Hi mom,
Is it I-797 (notice of action) the interview letter? Or is it a different one?
Does it change with field office.

Hi, today we went to the interview and it went very smoothly. He just asked the questions in the 485 form and asked for proof of married life. At the end he said it can take up to 90 days to process your information!!! Is this normal?

Hi,
I am on F1 visa and on my OPT. I have selected F1 -student for visa clarification when I fill DS260. Should I mention that F1-OPT any where in DS 260?.
I was checking your Timelines for AOS in 2018. What is Bio letter?. Thank you so much for the very useful information. Appreciate your effort.

Hi,
I am on F1 visa and on my OPT. I have selected F1 -student for visa clarification when I fill DS260. Should I mention that F1-OPT any where in DS 260?.
I was checking your Timelines for AOS in 2018. What is Bio letter?. Thank you so much for the very useful information. Appreciate your effort.

1. Put F1 if the form asks about current status.
2. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet

Hello all,

I need your thoughts in my case. A couple of days ago i mailed that AOS package. I am on F1 visa. I am also eligible to file for asylum. I realized there is 1 year limitation to apply for asylum. but under some circumstance you can still apply for asylum after one year. After following two weeks, i have lived for 1 year in US. That means i only have two weeks to apply for asylum. Since getting a green card through lottery is not guaranteed, i am not gonna lose my chance of applying for asylum and live this country which is safe for me. But, I am worry if i also apply for asylum my case with AOS through ;lottery get complicated. Do you think applying for asylum would jeopardize my AOS process?

In the other hand, do you think i can wait to see what will happen for my AOS process and then apply for asylum?
Do you think is this an acceptable reason if they ask me why i did not apply for asylum during 1 year of my arrival?
In my opinion, it would be a logical reason. Because i was safe in this country and after i realized i won the lottery i saw i can go for AOS process and get my green card and live in this safe country. Because both of the process, applying for asylum and AOS through lottery, will be led to the same thing and that is having the permission to live in this safe country which is a necessity for my specific case to survive my life.

Pour your thoughts in this matter. I appreciate in advance.
Just a question. Why dont you continue studies and maintain your F1 status?

Just a question. Why dont you continue studies and maintain your F1 status?

I am maintaining my status. There is no problem with that. My question is about applying for asylum after 1 year. If i cannot get my green card through lottery. I do not want to lose my opportunity of applying for asylum too.

Hello all,

I need your thoughts in my case. A couple of days ago i mailed that AOS package. I am on F1 visa. I am also eligible to file for asylum. I realized there is 1 year limitation to apply for asylum. but under some circumstance you can still apply for asylum after one year. After following two weeks, i have lived for 1 year in US. That means i only have two weeks to apply for asylum. Since getting a green card through lottery is not guaranteed, i am not gonna lose my chance of applying for asylum and live this country which is safe for me. But, I am worry if i apply for asylum, my case with AOS through lottery get complicated. Do you think applying for asylum would jeopardize my AOS process?

In the other hand, do you think i can wait to see what will happen for my AOS process and then apply for asylum?
Do you think is this an acceptable reason if they ask me why i did not apply for asylum during 1 year of my arrival?
In my opinion, it would be a logical reason. Because i was safe in this country and i saw no reason to be in a rush and apply for asylum. and after i realized i won the lottery i saw i can go for AOS process and get my green card and live in this safe country. Because both of the process, applying for asylum and AOS through lottery, will be led to the same thing and that is having the permission to live in this safe country which is a necessity for my specific case to survive my life.

Pour your thoughts in this matter. I appreciate in advance.
I think you should ask this question in "Political Aylum" threads.

Not everyone in this AOS Thread know about asylum rules.

I am maintaining my status. There is no problem with that. My question is about applying for asylum after 1 year. If i cannot get my green card through lottery. I do not want to lose my opportunity of applying for asylum too.
To be honest, I dont know because that is the question that is usually addressed to immigration lawyer.