• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

The Embassy asked me to send them travelling consent for my 4 year old. What are the chances that my son gets denied a visa if his father refuses to give us his travelling consent?
How do i present my case to the embassy?
We had this discussion already? https://forums.immigration.com/threads/child-letter-of-consent.338638/#post-2483476
You can’t “present your case”. You need consent from the father to take his child out of the country. Maybe you need to consult a lawyer to see what your options are if the father is refusing.

Last edited:
Hello guys,
this thread seems a bit dead.

What do you think about the progress of DV2019? Seems better than last year's.

Cheers.

Hi,

I am DV2019 selectee.
I submitted DS260 first week of July. Unlocked after three weeks then I couldn't resubmit anymore. Because since the CEAC website went undergoing maintenance (July 20th?) I can't access my DS260.

This is recent reply from KCC,

In order to continue processing your case, the primary Diversity Visa applicant (DV-1) must schedule an appointment to appear in person at the United States Embassy in XXXX. To schedule an appointment with the United States Embassy in XXXX, please send your full name and DV case number to email address XXXX-XXXX@ustraveldocs.com /phone number XXXXXXXXXX. You will need to bring your valid passport with you to your appointment at the United States Embassy in XXXX. This appointment is not a visa interview and you are not required to pay any fees at this time.

Also I have received email from the Embassy XXXX asking me to make schedule an appointment.

The Embassy XXXX is not my interview location (my home country) when I first submitted DS260 before Unlocked.
I think KCC picked the Embassy XXXX for this time is from my 1NL.
I need to visit there for continue processing. KCC told me I follow the instruction is only my solution now.
So I am going to travel XXXX.

But I am worried RETURNING.
I am now in the U.S. with valid U.S. visa.
So I need to come back without problems.
Do you think I don't have any risk to enter the U.S. after visiting the Embassy XXXX??

I want to say thank you and let you know our process was successful.

After appeared to the U.S. Embassy in late September, it was so quick.
KCC opened our DS-260 forms for 7days periods. Then we resubmitted our DS-260 by the end of September.
Oct 15 Got 2NL
Nov 26 Flight to Japan
Nov 27 Medical exam
Nov 30 Results
Dec 3
Our Interview was smooth without any issue and approved at the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo, Japan. Issued next day then received by mail next next day. Wow, so speedy.

Finally we admitted back to the U.S. right after then.

My CN was current in November. But couldn't make it because of DS-260 access issue. Anyway everything was fine at the end!! Thank you so much and good luck to all of DV2019 Selectees!!

What about this? I read at britsimons website

"If you have educational documents that do not match your name/DOB in some way, you should think how you can prove the educational certificates are yours. Gather whatever proof you can of school attendance to reassure the CO that the certificates you are presenting are your certificates."

Any suggestions??? About the documents

What about this? I read at britsimons website

"If you have educational documents that do not match your name/DOB in some way, you should think how you can prove the educational certificates are yours. Gather whatever proof you can of school attendance to reassure the CO that the certificates you are presenting are your certificates."

Any suggestions??? About the documents

Don’t duplicate the same post on several threads in the forum. You have this post, which is not even asking a clear question in the first place, on the DV 2019 Ghana thread and one or two members already responded to it.

If you have a question about your specific situation, ask about it. Don’t copy and paste something from Simon’s blog and say what about it.

Sorry

Don’t duplicate the same post on several threads in the forum. You have this post, which is not even asking a clear question in the first place, on the DV 2019 Ghana thread and one or two members already responded to it.

If you have a question about your specific situation, ask about it. Don’t copy and paste something from Simon’s blog and say what about it.

221g final processing letter Guangzhou China

I am under AF region(Cameroon)
I was scheduled for interview at the consulate in Guangzhou because I currently work as an ESL teacher in a university
I had my interview on December 3rd 2018
Needless to say I was issued a 221g preliminary approval letter ticked (notarized police certificate) requiring me to bring a police notarized certificate.
But before I get jumped by our moderators with statements like ,you should know already.
I have been working in a small city called Enshi for the past two years and I tried for almost a month to get a police certificate at the local police station immediately I got my interview schedule to no avail ,i was always told they’re no possibilities for foreigners to get the police clearance .I had to contact the Dean of studies in my faculty in which he intervened then I got issued a police clearance.

Thereafter I was on the chase to get it notarized ,after bursting my ass for a week i found a notary center but the seal was broken ,i had no other choice than to go for the interview since it was basically just a day left,well VO asked for my documents as usual interview went well but when we got to the police clearance I explained everything to him and he issued a 221g green paper asking me to go try one more time and if I can’t get it,i should write a letter stating everything I had done to get the police clearance notarized to no avail and then sign and send with my passport and 2 passport photographs through Dropbox.

I went back then I inquired then I traveled to another city called wuhan on the 5th of December where I got the police clearance notarized and collected it on the 11th which I then mailed through dropbox to the embassy and it was received on the 17th of December but wasn’t attended to ,I sent an email to the embassy on the 27th requesting updates on my case since I was told it will take 5 working days ,they said they haven’t received the documents they requested from me which got me into panic mood,i then explained to them that while tracking my passport on Ustraveldoc.com website it was updated to ,your passport has been received by post .Then I got another email yesterday that my case is now under review and I’ll get an update through email when the officer is done with the review

Initially I was very happy with my interview date because I could get my visa before my contract expires but now my school is insisting I sign another contract since the last contract ends on the 31 of December,The contract has clauses stating that Incase there is a breach of contract I’ll pay a lot of money so now I’m worried don’t know when this will be resolved,I guess I’ll have to play them for time .

Hello...tell me is it necessary for me to unlock my DS 260 to add my passport details,i had sent the form without the details since i hadn't gotten my passport and i just selected other travel documents .PS- recently i emailed kcc the scanned passport bio page and other documents they required.Do i still need to update the Ds-260?

Hello...tell me is it necessary for me to unlock my DS 260 to add my passport details,i had sent the form without the details since i hadn't gotten my passport and i just selected other travel documents .PS- recently i emailed kcc the scanned passport bio page and other documents they required.Do i still need to update the Ds-260?
Preferable to do so. It may prevent delays later.

Thanks sussieQQQ for your feedback. kindly elaborate what problem could it bring later.?my case no is AF00019000,was fearing if I unlock it might delay me from getting an interview date earlier .thanks in advance

okay, even if I already sent the scanned passport details they still need the details to be in the Ds260?
If you want to wait until your interview to get the DS260 updated with your passport details, that’s your choice.
This thing of sending documents to kcc is new, as far as I know it’s just to ensure documentation is in order to schedule an interview, and not to initiate background checks, but I could be wrong.

Have a Good Day Mr. Britsimon and Sm1 smom
I am kindly requesting for your help to answer the below questions:
I am DV 2019 selectee with HIGH CASE (AS12###),
1-I have Secondary Certificate (Completing 12 years) and university bachelor degree ( Mechanical Engineering) ,currently I am working and I have more than 15 years of experience in this field, by mistake I did select “NO” to question “Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience?” is that acceptable ? Knowing that my job (Mechanical Engineer) meets the "2 years of training or experience" criteria)? And that located in job zone 4 on the range of 7.0 or higher in the rating range of” O* DATA BASE”
Kindly note that I have seen several different opinions about the same question,
  • Some said (still need to answer this questions on the form properly). ,
  • Some people said” YES or NO it will not make any difference,
  • Other opinion said the” response to this question doesn’t really matter, use your best judgment. Educational qualification is always the default requirement used for everyone”.

2- I did submit my DS before 3 days, is that fine? Or it will get delay.
3- the question of skilled/unskilled workers I did select” NO”
In light of all the above, should I ask to unlock my DS260 in order to correct any of the above or shall I keep it as it is.

Have a Good Day Mr. Britsimon and Sm1 smom
I am kindly requesting for your help to answer the below questions:
I am DV 2019 selectee with HIGH CASE (AS12###),
1-I have Secondary Certificate (Completing 12 years) and university bachelor degree ( Mechanical Engineering) ,currently I am working and I have more than 15 years of experience in this field, by mistake I did select “NO” to question “Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience?” is that acceptable ? Knowing that my job (Mechanical Engineer) meets the "2 years of training or experience" criteria)? And that located in job zone 4 on the range of 7.0 or higher in the rating range of” O* DATA BASE”
Kindly note that I have seen several different opinions about the same question,
  • Some said (still need to answer this questions on the form properly). ,
  • Some people said” YES or NO it will not make any difference,
  • Other opinion said the” response to this question doesn’t really matter, use your best judgment. Educational qualification is always the default requirement used for everyone”.

2- I did submit my DS before 3 days, is that fine? Or it will get delay.
3- the question of skilled/unskilled workers I did select” NO”
In light of all the above, should I ask to unlock my DS260 in order to correct any of the above or shall I keep it as it is.

1. The third option is correct.
2. No problem.
3. No.

1. The third option is correct.
2. No problem.
3. No.
Thank you Mr. Britsimon for your swift response
My understanding the followings :
1- selecting “NO” to question “Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience " is not a problem and that will not make any different
2- Selecting NO for the skilled and unskilled workers is acceptable .
3-No need to unlock my DS260 .?