DV 2019 All Selectees

SusieQQQ

thank you MOM,

Really I cant understand what you mean by
"And you’re going down the over analyzing route again by the way " Would you please explain it to me in another way.
THANK YOU
If mom will allow me to jump in here -

DV is really quite simple. You’re making it way more complicated than it needs to be by examining everything in minute detail.

Example 1: you qualify by either high school or work experience. If you have a high school diploma/certificate, use it, stop worrying about anything else. You just need to meet the requirement.
Example 2: completion of high school implies you have done everything along the way to get there. Presenting a high school diploma is sufficient. You don’t need to present intermediate school, elementary school and kindergarten certificates because it’s obvious you’ve done them to get to high school.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/overanalyze

Last edited:

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
If mom will allow me to jump in here -

DV is really quite simple. You’re making it way more complicated than it needs to be by examining everything in minute detail.

Example 1: you qualify by either high school or work experience. If you have a high school diploma/certificate, use it, stop worrying about anything else. You just need to meet the requirement.
Example 2: completion of high school implies you have done everything along the way to get there. Presenting a high school diploma is sufficient. You don’t need to present intermediate school, elementary school and kindergarten certificates because it’s obvious you’ve done them to get to high school.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/overanalyze
Thank you Susie :)

I have been selected 2019 DV and passed all the process.

I am waiting for my green card in U.S.A.

Question:

1. How long will I get my green card ( I had SSN before DV)? and where can I find my green card status? which case number should I use?
2. Am I available to work before I get my green card?

Thank you very much.

SusieQQQ

I have been selected 2019 DV and passed all the process.

I am waiting for my green card in U.S.A.

Question:

1. How long will I get my green card ( I had SSN before DV)? and where can I find my green card status? which case number should I use?
2. Am I available to work before I get my green card?

Thank you very much.
You’ve entered on your diversity visa? Yes you can work while you wait, your stamped entry visa is now proof of your permanent resident status, for one year from date of entry. Assuming you paid your $220 green card fee, it should arrive within a few weeks. You should also go to the SSA office to update your SSN to show your status as LPR.

You’ve entered on your diversity visa? Yes you can work while you wait, your stamped entry visa is now proof of your permanent resident status, for one year from date of entry. Assuming you paid your $220 green card fee, it should arrive within a few weeks. You should also go to the SSA office to update your SSN to show your status as LPR.
Thanks for your information,

I did enter with my diversity visa, and get a welcome letter,

Can I go and upgrade my SSN before I get my green card at the SSA office?

SusieQQQ

Thanks for your information,

I did enter with my diversity visa, and get a welcome letter,

Can I go and upgrade my SSN before I get my green card at the SSA office?
Yes, take your passport with stamped visa as proof of status.

Again, just double checking you paid the$220 green card fee?