• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

thank you MOM,

Really I cant understand what you mean by
"And you’re going down the over analyzing route again by the way " Would you please explain it to me in another way.
THANK YOU

If mom will allow me to jump in here -

DV is really quite simple. You’re making it way more complicated than it needs to be by examining everything in minute detail.

Example 1: you qualify by either high school or work experience. If you have a high school diploma/certificate, use it, stop worrying about anything else. You just need to meet the requirement.
Example 2: completion of high school implies you have done everything along the way to get there. Presenting a high school diploma is sufficient. You don’t need to present intermediate school, elementary school and kindergarten certificates because it’s obvious you’ve done them to get to high school.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/overanalyze

Last edited:
If mom will allow me to jump in here -

DV is really quite simple. You’re making it way more complicated than it needs to be by examining everything in minute detail.

Example 1: you qualify by either high school or work experience. If you have a high school diploma/certificate, use it, stop worrying about anything else. You just need to meet the requirement.
Example 2: completion of high school implies you have done everything along the way to get there. Presenting a high school diploma is sufficient. You don’t need to present intermediate school, elementary school and kindergarten certificates because it’s obvious you’ve done them to get to high school.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/overanalyze

Thank you Susie :)

I have been selected 2019 DV and passed all the process.

I am waiting for my green card in U.S.A.

Question:

1. How long will I get my green card ( I had SSN before DV)? and where can I find my green card status? which case number should I use?
2. Am I available to work before I get my green card?

Thank you very much.

I have been selected 2019 DV and passed all the process.

I am waiting for my green card in U.S.A.

Question:

1. How long will I get my green card ( I had SSN before DV)? and where can I find my green card status? which case number should I use?
2. Am I available to work before I get my green card?

Thank you very much.
You’ve entered on your diversity visa? Yes you can work while you wait, your stamped entry visa is now proof of your permanent resident status, for one year from date of entry. Assuming you paid your $220 green card fee, it should arrive within a few weeks. You should also go to the SSA office to update your SSN to show your status as LPR.

You’ve entered on your diversity visa? Yes you can work while you wait, your stamped entry visa is now proof of your permanent resident status, for one year from date of entry. Assuming you paid your $220 green card fee, it should arrive within a few weeks. You should also go to the SSA office to update your SSN to show your status as LPR.
Thanks for your information,

I did enter with my diversity visa, and get a welcome letter,

Can I go and upgrade my SSN before I get my green card at the SSA office?

Thanks for your information,

I did enter with my diversity visa, and get a welcome letter,

Can I go and upgrade my SSN before I get my green card at the SSA office?

Yes, take your passport with stamped visa as proof of status.

Again, just double checking you paid the$220 green card fee?

Yes, take your passport with stamped visa as proof of status.

Again, just double checking you paid the$220 green card fee?

Yes, I did, and I have received an email of proof for payment.

Thanks your information, I will go to SSA office asap.

Hey, I'm a DV2019 winner, and just like so many other people I'm a little bit too worried about the process, so I would be thankful if anybody can give me advice.

My case number is 2019EU19XXX (closer to 20k than to 19k)

1. EU cutoff for April will be 18500. Does it mean that there is a big chance that my interview (if my DS260 is processed in time) will happen in May?
2. I completed my DS260 on October, 2 and I still haven't received the request for supporting documents from KCC. I wrote to them, but got back only a standard "we're processing your form" reply. Am I right that (a) my interview won't be scheduled until I send them the scans, (b) I can't send it until they requested it and (c) there is nothing I can do to speed it up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Well, You can send the documents without getting the request to do so.... Won't cause any harm, that's what I learnt from Brit's page .... So scan the general docs required of every selectee with size not more than 30kb in JPEG format

I hope it helps.... The moderators will answer the rest okay

Hey, I'm a DV2019 winner, and just like so many other people I'm a little bit too worried about the process, so I would be thankful if anybody can give me advice.

My case number is 2019EU19XXX (closer to 20k than to 19k)

1. EU cutoff for April will be 18500. Does it mean that there is a big chance that my interview (if my DS260 is processed in time) will happen in May?
2. I completed my DS260 on October, 2 and I still haven't received the request for supporting documents from KCC. I wrote to them, but got back only a standard "we're processing your form" reply. Am I right that (a) my interview won't be scheduled until I send them the scans, (b) I can't send it until they requested it and (c) there is nothing I can do to speed it up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

As the previous reply says, send your documents. If you do that now you might still get a May interview. Your DS260 is most likely filled processed, but the new document procedure is causing delays.

Hi Sm1smom,

1. How long to be call for the interview?; time for process are long per USCIS website. Currently in USA.
2. Biometrics are done.
2. Any advise to for follow up?

Many thanks!

Hi Sm1smom,

1. How long to be call for the interview?; time for process are long per USCIS website. Currently in USA.
2. Biometrics are done.

Many thanks!
Have you gone through the AOS spreadsheet?

Hi Sm1smom,

2. Biometrics are done.

Many thanks!

1. Interview date depends on your FO and their workload. USCIS’s online processing time is not applicable to DV based AOS petitions.

2. You can schedule an INFOPASS appointment with your FO for follow up, if your FO is one of those still allowing INFOPASS appointments.

I suggest you go through the AOS process spreadsheet like Susie recommended above for a better understanding of the process. You should also go through the AOS 2019 thread and post subsequent questions there since you’re processing AOS. (I believe that is the link I previously provided you with via PM sometime ago).

As the previous reply says, send your documents. If you do that now you might still get a May interview. Your DS260 is most likely filled processed, but the new document procedure is causing delays.
Thanks for your reply. Will send the documents as you suggested. Also, checked Russian forum and it seems that people who are to be current in April (2019EU17XXX) are getting the requests for documents only now.

I also have another issue -- I changed my job in January and didn't update the DS260. I'm speculating that if unblock/edit my form at this point it will cause a delay, so I'd rather not. Could it be a problem if I leave my DS260 as is, and announce that my job has changed only at the interview? Or would you rather recommend editing the DS260?

Thanks for your reply. Will send the documents as you suggested. Also, checked Russian forum and it seems that people who are to be current in April (2019EU17XXX) are getting the requests for documents only now.

I also have another issue -- I changed my job in January and didn't update the DS260. I'm speculating that if unblock/edit my form at this point it will cause a delay, so I'd rather not. Could it be a problem if I leave my DS260 as is, and announce that my job has changed only at the interview? Or would you rather recommend editing the DS260?

You can update the job details at the interview.

Hi Susi,
I think I will need to check the spreadsheet. Where can I find it?

Many thanks
Hi Susi,

Many thanks!. I read the spreadsheet, I already done the Biometrics only want to double confirm it seems that I only need wait for the Interview letter with details?.

Thanks for all your help

My number is AF11***. My case has gone current and am waiting for 2nl. However my host has changed his mind of hosting me esp after seeing the details to be filled in form i134.
However i have a new host who is willing to come in and sign the affidavit form..kindly advice me on how to effect this changes on my Ds-260