• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

We had our interview today in Sydney and we're approved. Arrived at 9:45am for a 10:00am appointment. Went to the 10th floor to go through security and show our documents to make sure everything was in order. After that we we're taken to the 59th floor to hand over documents and pay fees, waited around for about 30mins before they called my wife myself and two kids to counter and all hold our right hands up and swear to tell the truth etc. We we're asked a few questions and told everythings in order and we have been approved. Thx for the support everyone, this forum has been great for information. Best of luck to the class of 2019 that is still waiting.

We had our interview today in Sydney and we're approved. Arrived at 9:45am for a 10:00am appointment. Went to the 10th floor to go through security and show our documents to make sure everything was in order. After that we we're taken to the 59th floor to hand over documents and pay fees, waited around for about 30mins before they called my wife myself and two kids to counter and all hold our right hands up and swear to tell the truth etc. We we're asked a few questions and told everythings in order and we have been approved. Thx for the support everyone, this forum has been great for information. Best of luck to the class of 2019 that is still waiting.

It's easy when you know how....

What questions did they ask you?

What questions did they ask you?
The questions we're " had either my wife or myself been married before". Did I have any other children which I did, but he was over 21 now and had already stated that on the form. And how long had we been married for. That was it, very easy questions.

Congratulations Bob you’re up in Feb.

I think we can safely say now that the Oceania sector is significantly lagging behind compared to other years. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that.

Hopefully at some point we will still get the whoosh to push us forward a bit more. At the moment it seems like a bit of a catch up game.

Thanks I actually got an email from them last night stating all the docs I sent to them are acceptable. I guess this is all part of the new process. Now just waiting for interview date and once I have that I'll arrange a medical.

I guess everything is delayed because of the holiday, am still waiting on the interview letter.

Woohoo! I just received the email from KCC requesting documents :) Finally some movement!

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend :p

This was the last email I got from them, a few weeks ago

Case Number: 2019OC000004xx

Dear xxx xxx:

Records indicate you have submitted a complete and valid DS-260 application for each family member, and you have provided all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center.
Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Interviews for the DV 2019 program will begin in October 2018 and conclude on September 30, 2019. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

This was the last email I got from them, a few weeks ago

Case Number: 2019OC000004xx

Dear xxx xxx:

Records indicate you have submitted a complete and valid DS-260 application for each family member, and you have provided all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center.
Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Interviews for the DV 2019 program will begin in October 2018 and conclude on September 30, 2019. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.
I wonder whether they are on holidays until this coming Monday like a lot of people seem to be... wishful thinking :) hopefully you hear something soon

Hi everyone,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am a DV 2019 Oceania Selectee with a Case Number is in the low 400's meaning I can submit this February. Very excited by all of this! And am super thankful for this wonderful resource!

I am pursuing via AOS and this is where I'm at: (*all tasks completed within the last week)

- Submitted by DS-260 and am awaiting the 2NL from KCC.
- Sent my DV Administrative Fee and am awaiting Receipt to be returned.
- Paid for Ticket 33 Police Check and am awaiting processing and arrival.
- I have all of my necessary documentation - Birth Certificate and Educational Certificates/Degree, and am awaiting for my Vaccination Records to arrive before commencing the Medical Exam.

What have people's experiences been thus far with waiting times on the 2NL and DV Administrative Payment Receipt?

My current E-3 visa ends on May 19, 2019. I am curious what my chances of having my Interview prior to my E-3 expiring, and if my Interview is passed that expiration date, what happens then? Am I then placed on a bridging-visa where you cannot work but you are allowed to remain in the country until the process is complete?

Also I see in the AOS Package information that it's important to include the Employment Letter for my current employment but I've heard it's not necessary to include your LCA. Is this true?

Any tips and advice would be most appreciated.

I hope everyone's own applications are going well! Wishing you all a successful outcome! :)

@pittsandpieces , AOS applicants don’t require police certificates. Have you read the spreadsheet linked in the first post of the AOS thread to ensure you are able to present the best possible case for AOS?