• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

The website was down for a couple of weeks recently also. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I’m still not clear if this is a particular issue for this region, or if it’s just because it’s all coming from a Russian language forum... maybe I missed it, did anyone who’s been to a consulate say they were given a reason for the process?

I have seen a similar report from Nairobi too - so not region specific. No one has given a credible reason "why" - and there doesn't seem to be any particular common reason - yet.

my first name spelling is wrong ( in documents-swathi on edv-sawathi) on my ds-260 I filled "SWATHI" . Is it correct or I have to correct it?

my first name spelling is wrong ( in documents-swathi on edv-sawathi) on my ds-260 I filled "SWATHI" . Is it correct or I have to correct it?

Spelling has to match your documents.

FYI: Your entry may come under extra scrutiny because misspelling of name (or incorrect date of birth) is a common method used to try get around the “no duplicate entry” rule.

Hello guys,
I'm trying to change my interview location by sending an email to the KCC but all I got is an automatic response :
Thank you for your inquiry.
Once the DS-260 for the Principal Applicant has been submitted, the Interview Location can only be updated by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). Please send your request to KCCDV@state.gov. You will need to include information that explains why you need the interview location changed. Unless they are in the U.S. and adjusting status, all applicants on the case will be scheduled for interview with the Principal Applicant. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed.
What should I do?
Thank you in advance

Hello guys,
I'm trying to change my interview location by sending an email to the KCC but all I got is an automatic response :
Thank you for your inquiry.
Once the DS-260 for the Principal Applicant has been submitted, the Interview Location can only be updated by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). Please send your request to KCCDV@state.gov. You will need to include information that explains why you need the interview location changed. Unless they are in the U.S. and adjusting status, all applicants on the case will be scheduled for interview with the Principal Applicant. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed.
What should I do?
Thank you in advance

Follow the very clear instructions given.

@Sm1smom, @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ
I want to ask a simple question, I have submitted my DS-260 and it currently says "YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT: KCC".
Am I correct to understand that the status will stay this way until my number becomes current in Visa Bulletin?

Hi All,
I need a help. My case number will be current in June - July next year. I am still thinking about whether I should go with AOS or CP. As far as I know I have to decide that before submitting the DS-260.
The question is, before when should I submit the DS-260 / what is the best time to submit the DS-260 in my case?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am trying to submit my DS260 but I am getting a error message as “The case information you entered does not match our records.”. I saw some people had the same issue earlier. I just wanna know, is anyone else still facing this issue?

Thanks,

Dear All,

This is my first rodeo with this whole DV lottery thing, so please forgive me if I am asking obvious things. I was selected, then I completed and submitted the DS-260 form, and now I am waiting.
My question is that when should I stop waiting for the e-mail from KCC about my interview? If I am right, KCC will only send you an e-mail, if you are selected for further processing (aka interview at a consulate). I am aware that CNs are just numbers and they don't mean anything, but mine is EU9xxx. Maybe it says more to you than to me. I am just curious that how long does it take to go from selection to interview.

Thank you in advance!

Dear All,

This is my first rodeo with this whole DV lottery thing, so please forgive me if I am asking obvious things. I was selected, then I completed and submitted the DS-260 form, and now I am waiting.
My question is that when should I stop waiting for the e-mail from KCC about my interview? If I am right, KCC will only send you an e-mail, if you are selected for further processing (aka interview at a consulate). I am aware that CNs are just numbers and they don't mean anything, but mine is EU9xxx. Maybe it says more to you than to me. I am just curious that how long does it take to go from selection to interview.

Thank you in advance!

Nope, CNs are not just numbers which means nothing. Your CN IS what determines if you’ll be scheduled for an interview or not. You will be scheduled for an interview when your CN becomes current in the VB.

Please go through Simon’s DV 2019 Basic Questions blog for more guidance on how to read the VB and understand when your CN is likely to become current.

Thank you and sorry again! I have read a lot about it since then, now I think I am a bit more informed, thanks to you and this forum. I assume I have a CN number that is not bad, hopefully.

However, there is another question. When I submitted my DS-260 form, I selected that I am single, which is true, since "in a relationship" was not an option. Anyway, I got proposed after the submission and our plan is to get married this year, which means when I will be scheduled for the interview, I will be married probably. I know that we will need to explain this situation, do you think that it could be a disadvantage or make any delays in the process? Any advice, suggestions, FAQs or manuals about this topic would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you and sorry again! I have read a lot about it since then, now I think I am a bit more informed, thanks to you and this forum. I assume I have a CN number that is not bad, hopefully.

However, there is another question. When I submitted my DS-260 form, I selected that I am single, which is true, since "in a relationship" was not an option. Anyway, I got proposed after the submission and our plan is to get married this year, which means when I will be scheduled for the interview, I will be married probably. I know that we will need to explain this situation, do you think that it could be a disadvantage or make any delays in the process? Any advice, suggestions, FAQs or manuals about this topic would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Again, Simon’s blog for detailed explanation.