• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

A number of people have reported a system issue,but I haven’t seen a single other report of someone being told to appear in person for a non-visa interview at a consulate. Have you seen anyone else report this, if so can you post a link?

I’ve seen a couple of posts, possibly on Simon’s blog? (not quite sure where) of selectees reporting about similar email.

So since you selected CP when your DS260 was submitted back in July, it looks like KCC is expecting your CN to become current in Nov with the interview expected to take place in your home country. It can’t be in a 3rd country even if you selected that option on your DS260 form if you’re not residing in that 3rd country.

To3mo3, can you clarify what address you wrote when you submitted the DS260 - perhaps KCC believe he is residing there? Maybe this is the reason they want him to come in person ...?

I’ve seen a couple of posts, possibly on Simon’s blog? (not quite sure where) of selectees reporting about similar email.

Do you know if it seems related to the system issue or if it’s another process, or anything else common between those reports (such as temporary residence in a 3rd country)? We’ve never heard of this happening before this year, to my knowledge?

Do you know if it seems related to the system issue or if it’s another process, or anything else common between those reports (such as temporary residence in a 3rd country)? We’ve never heard of this happening before this year, to my knowledge?

I think it’s related to the ongoing system issue. Yep, never heard of it before prior to this year. Most things as we know with regards to the DV process are no longer making sense.

To3mo3, can you clarify what address you wrote when you submitted the DS260 - perhaps KCC believe he is residing there? Maybe this is the reason they want him to come in person ...?

SusieQQQ
My thinking is KCC can't see my DS260.
KCC follows my 1NL.
If the applicant address is in the U.S., what 1NL shows the Embassy location? My Embassy location was not my home country. It showed nearest Embassy from my address. Am I right?

SusieQQQ
My thinking is KCC can't see my DS260.
KCC follows my 1NL.
If the applicant address is in the U.S., what 1NL shows the Embassy location? My Embassy location was not my home country. It showed nearest Embassy from my address. Am I right?

So to clarify (you didn’t clearly answer my previous question) - when you filled in your DS260, you listed as your residential address something that is applicable to country XXXX (not sure why it’s such a secret but anyway) - so as far as KCC knows, you are resident there? Or was that address only on your entry and your DS260 has your US address?

So since you selected CP when your DS260 was submitted back in July, it looks like KCC is expecting your CN to become current in Nov with the interview expected to take place in your home country. It can’t be in a 3rd country even if you selected that option on your DS260 form if you’re not residing in that 3rd country.

No one can guarantee you will be re-admitted back into the US if you travel out to go book your DV interview appointment as requested, especially since you’re not disclosing the country you’re required to travel to. And if you have that much concern, maybe you should re-evaluate your decision to process CP and switch over to AOS. Of course you’ll need to reach out to KCC to let them know you wish to switch, and hopefully they will be able to retrieve your case file from the embassy if it already got sent.

Thank you for your advise.

KCC told me already I need to follow the instruction. For now I am afraid to ask more request.
KCC said If I have any questions I need to ask the Embassy XXXX.

I feel sometime
I better wait a month or October, November...and see what will happen when DV2019 starts.
I feel another time
I am kind of giving up continue processing this year.

So to clarify (you didn’t clearly answer my previous question) - when you filled in your DS260, you listed as your residential address something that is applicable to country XXXX (not sure why it’s such a secret but anyway) - so as far as KCC knows, you are resident there? Or was that address only on your entry and your DS260 has your US address?

Both
U.S. address

None of your lists.
XXXX is in Asia - not travel ban countries.

Nothing to do with travel ban, all the other reports (just a few) I found were in that area, but that could be because they were all reported by one person from a Russian-speaking forum.
Interestingly one person doing AOS was told s/he would have to pay the AOS fee before it would be unlocked.

I've never heard of this before - having to appear in person for continuing DV processing without it being the actual visa interview. Is there something particularly unusual or complicated about your case?

There have been some other cases like this very recently. I don't have a pattern yet for when it happens - but people appear for the pre-interview appointment, and are given a password to send to KCC - who then unlock the DS260. It's bizarre. In one case the DS260 hadn't even been submitted for the first time - so there was no info that needed explanation to the embassy yet. I'm waiting for more clarity before I post about it.

There have been some other cases like this very recently. I don't have a pattern yet for when it happens - but people appear for the pre-interview appointment, and are given a password to send to KCC - who then unlock the DS260. It's bizarre. In one case the DS260 hadn't even been submitted for the first time - so there was no info that needed explanation to the embassy yet. I'm waiting for more clarity before I post about it.

Do you know if there people able to still unlock the old way, ie just sending details via email to kcc?

Do you know if there people able to still unlock the old way, ie just sending details via email to kcc?

Some people can access their DS260s, and those people can presumably unlock the normal way. Then there are some people who cannot access their DS260 (can't login). A couple of those (reported through the Russian forums and translated secondhand to me) reported being told to have these pre interviews. Very odd - because the embassy would not even have known about these cases yet. There may be other system issues too - I have been expecting that to be resolved within a week or two. It can't be that high numbers of people need these pre interview appointments - that would just make no sense in their "business process".

Some people can access their DS260s, and those people can presumably unlock the normal way. Then there are some people who cannot access their DS260 (can't login). A couple of those (reported through the Russian forums and translated secondhand to me) reported being told to have these pre interviews. Very odd - because the embassy would not even have known about these cases yet. There may be other system issues too - I have been expecting that to be resolved within a week or two. It can't be that high numbers of people need these pre interview appointments - that would just make no sense in their "business process".

So if it’s not universal - I’m wondering if certain regions or something have been flagged that they require in-person identification first? Could be anything from security issues to agent-heavy regions ...or something else entirely. But it’s clearly not an inability on the part of kcc to unlock.

So if it’s not universal - I’m wondering if certain regions or something have been flagged that they require in-person identification first? Could be anything from security issues to agent-heavy regions ...or something else entirely. But it’s clearly not an inability on the part of kcc to unlock.

Seems more like a system problem to me - followed by a silly solution.

Seems more like a system problem to me - followed by a silly solution.

Almost too silly for it to be a system problem ..I still don’t understand why a system problem wouldn’t affect everyone the same, or why the embassy would need to see the dv1 applicant face to face with proof of identity before allowing access. Perhaps, when to3mo3 goes he can ask them why he has to do this and report the answer here?

1. You’re not expected to present two original marriage certificates - just one original and two (or as many copies as you care to carry). And the copies are not required to be certified as long as you have the original copy.

2. What you have should do. However, if you’re in doubt, get new translation with signed certified statements attached.

3. You are required to attend the interview with all listed derivatives immigrating with you.
Great Sm1smom, that's very helpful.