• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

Yes I went through the spreadsheet, It has the details about after interview. I am from Sri Lanka and 3rd year Graduate student(PhD) under F1 Visa(have visa for next 2 years, until 2021). The questions I have related to the stay period are
1. Police clearance - Even though I don't need police clearance for the period of stay in USA I need it from my county for until 2016, Can I provide a police clearance which is around one year old(If I get the interview around next year August) since I can take this during my visit this year. If not I have to come to my county earlier to get it.
2. As I have provided my details Do you see any other possibilities which can delay my return to USA ? if so please let me know so I can arrange those earlier.

1. Since you’re interviewing in your home country you need a recent PCC from there, not just till 2016. So a year old PCC from Sri Lanka is not an option.

2. I don’t know. Depends on what your background check reveals.

Hi Mom - I have a question I'm suddenly concerned about. Could be nothing but a silly question, but feeling paranoid.

I have been participating in the DV lottery program sporadically over the last 10 years. In DV 2015 to 2017, I used the same photo for each year because I had no idea we needed a different photo each time (since it had to be within 6 months). I realized this after they included a point for DV 2018 that it is disqualifiable. So I took new ones for each of DV 2018 and DV 2019 (which I won).

Will they look at the prior entries in 2015-2017 and view that as disqualification or since my photos for DV 2018 and DV 2019 were each different and recent photos as per the guidelines and wouldn't be an issue?

Hi Mom - I have a question I'm suddenly concerned about. Could be nothing but a silly question, but feeling paranoid.

I have been participating in the DV lottery program sporadically over the last 10 years. In DV 2015 to 2017, I used the same photo for each year because I had no idea we needed a different photo each time (since it had to be within 6 months). I realized this after they included a point for DV 2018 that it is disqualifiable. So I took new ones for each of DV 2018 and DV 2019 (which I won).

Will they look at the prior entries in 2015-2017 and view that as disqualification or since my photos for DV 2018 and DV 2019 were each different and recent photos as per the guidelines and wouldn't be an issue?

Not an issue, you’re fine.

thank you very much for this sir,
I am EDV 2019 selectee and my case number is AS 2019xxx22xx nepal .
when will my 2NL arrive?
I want to marry after 2NL, Is there will be any problem? (I want to do arrange marriage)
What will my future husband will answer, if they asked you married for green-card in interview??
what should i do, my parents will not allow me to go there alone m only 19 years old so i am ready for marriage?

when will my 2NL arrive?
I want to marry after 2NL, Is there will be any problem? (I want to do arrange marriage)
What will my future husband will answer, if they asked you married for green-card in interview??
what should i do, my parents will not allow me to go there alone m only 19 years old so i am ready for marriage?
Um...wow... this question has way more in it than questions about the visa process
You’re going to marry someone so that your parents let you move to the US? ( At 19 are you not empowered to buy yourself an air ticket in Nepal? I personally don’t understand how you can be too young to move but not too young for marriage but that may be a cultural thing I guess...in my culture it’s usually the other way round... leaving home at 18 is perfectly acceptable but it’s considered very young for marriage)
What’s in it for your husband? It sounds like it actually might indeed be a green card marriage, which is fraudulent.
If you marry after your 2NL your husband won’t be on the application anyway by the way.

when will my 2NL arrive?

Sounds like a fraudulent arrangement, I’m sorry no one here can help you. This forum does not provide guidance on how to get away with fraudulent arrempts.

Hello, here's DV2019 selectee with AS2019xxx3xxx.
I'm excited, but I find the preparation process raises questions I didn't foresee.
I'm searching for clarification regarding Police certificates.
Various official US websites state that a police certificate is required for "previous countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months" while you're older than 16 yrs.

I wonder now, do they mean the total cumulative time spent there (adding up various visits, including holidays to the country) since the 16th birthday until now!?
Or do they mean only official stays other than holidays (ie. study, work, etc.) that last more than 12 months per stretch of residence?

I ask because generally countries only consider you technically resident if you spend over 6 months/year there.
There were times I spent long holidays in different countries, ie. 4 months away, but (officially) always remained resident in my home country.
Would I add up all visits (ie. three long visits) and total 12 months in a specific country, and then need a police certificate for that specific country, or should I dismiss those stays as non residential and not long enough? I would appreciate if anyone could clarify this. Thanks

Hello, here's DV2019 selectee with AS2019xxx3xxx.
I'm excited, but I find the preparation process raises questions I didn't foresee.
I'm searching for clarification regarding Police certificates.
Various official US websites state that a police certificate is required for "previous countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months" while you're older than 16 yrs.

I wonder now, do they mean the total cumulative time spent there (adding up various visits, including holidays to the country) since the 16th birthday until now!?
Or do they mean only official stays other than holidays (ie. study, work, etc.) that last more than 12 months per stretch of residence?

I ask because generally countries only consider you technically resident if you spend over 6 months/year there.
There were times I spent long holidays in different countries, ie. 4 months away, but (officially) always remained resident in my home country.
Would I add up all visits (ie. three long visits) and total 12 months in a specific country, and then need a police certificate for that specific country, or should I dismiss those stays as non residential and not long enough? I would appreciate if anyone could clarify this. Thanks

If in doubt, get the police cert.

when will my 2NL arrive?
Sounds like a fraudulent arrangement, I’m sorry no one here can help you. This forum does not provide guidance on how to get away with fraudulent arrempts.
I am not trying to do any fraud I just want to do traditional arrange marriage according to my family? Marrying after 2NL is disqualification?

I am not trying to do any fraud I just want to do traditional arrange marriage according to my family? Marrying after 2NL is disqualification?

Yes it is a fraudulent marriage. You said it yourself, you want to do an arranged marriage because you’re 19 and your parents will not allow you to move to the US by yourself. It is a fraudulent arrangement.

Is it okay to marry before 2NL I have to marry anyhow. i am in trouble . I want to go USA and the requirement is marriage. (my parents doesn't want me to go alone there, The impression of my family will be down , the neighbor will tell bad about me that I am single and living alone far from home :(

Is there any option i can marry and go there with my husband?

Is it okay to marry before 2NL I have to marry anyhow. i am in trouble . I want to go USA and the requirement is marriage. (my parents doesn't want me to go alone there, The impression of my family will be down , the neighbor will tell bad about me that I am single and living alone far from home :(

Is there any option i can marry and go there with my husband?
If it’s a genuine marriage sure you can, but the fact that you asked a question about what your husband must say when the interviewer asks him if he marries for a green card certainly shows this is a green card marriage! And that’s fraud.

Don’t you have cousins or aunts or uncles or something in the US you can stay with if the big problem is what the neighbors will say?? I’m sorry but I think this is a terrible reason to marry someone. Anyway unsolicited advice, if you’re brave enough to travel to the US to start a new life you can be brave enough to do it alone, you’re an adult legally right and your parents can’t stop you? But if you do feel the need to let them dictate to you then you probably need to give up on the US because from what you said it sounds like the only reason your husband will marry you is to get a green card. And they will figure it out and ban both of you from traveling to the USA ever again if you try a fraudulent arrangement like this.

If it’s a genuine marriage sure you can, but the fact that you asked a question about what your husband must say when the interviewer asks him if he marries for a green card certainly shows this is a green card marriage! And that’s fraud.

Don’t you have cousins or aunts or uncles or something in the US you can stay with if the big problem is what the neighbors will say?? I’m sorry but I think this is a terrible reason to marry someone. Anyway unsolicited advice, if you’re brave enough to travel to the US to start a new life you can be brave enough to do it alone, you’re an adult legally right and your parents can’t stop you? But if you do feel the need to let them dictate to you then you probably need to give up on the US because from what you said it sounds like the only reason your husband will marry you is to get a green card. And they will figure it out and ban both of you from traveling to the USA ever again if you try a fraudulent arrangement like this.
I don't have any relatives who lives there in america. As i said ''what my husband must say when the interviewer asks him if he marries for a green card certainly shows this is a green card marriage! And that’s fraud. '' ((Its a question raised by me and surely they will ask that question because I am marring late after 2NL)) i guess still 4 month left to receive my 2NL . Surely it will be genuine marriage .my parents and my husband parents also will be there and it will be done according to our Hindu culture and in our family all do arrange marriage no one in allowed to do love marriage.
If it means fraud to do arrange marriage after 2NL or I am disqualified for green-card its ok US is not in my fortune.
Can i hire a lawyer ?
because its going to happen a genuine marriage .

Thank you for your answers and time . it means so much to me . If you are bored or not interested in my this personal issue please tell me without any difficulty i will stop asking . still thank you very much for your previous replies. This thread is very helpful to many people like me with serious problem

yes i will my parents already start searching and talking with many boys family? they are serious with one boy ? they already ask me to meet his family? they are coming to look me after 3 days? if they accepts me it will be okay from my family

yes i will my parents already start searching and talking with many boys family? they are serious with one boy ? they already ask me to meet his family? they are coming to look me after 3 days? if they accepts me it will be okay from my family

Hmm, but you just said you’re only marrying to go to the US

my parents will not allow me to go there alone m only 19 years old so i am ready for marriage?
And
I have to marry anyhow. i am in trouble . I want to go USA and the requirement is marriage. (my parents doesn't want me to go alone there, The impression of my family will be down , the neighbor will tell bad about me that I am single and living alone far from home :(

Well it’s hard to help you when your story changes all the time. And the visa officers are well trained in interviewing people, especially those with suspicious marriage timing. I’m not sure I have anything further to add to this, good luck with what you decide.

Hmm, but you just said you’re only marrying to go to the US

And

Well it’s hard to help you when your story changes all the time. And the visa officers are well trained in interviewing people, especially those with suspicious marriage timing. I’m not sure I have anything further to add to this, good luck with what you decide.
yes its prestige of family i will have to marry lets leave it on gods hand. Why i have to do fraud i am selected and if i'am allowed alone to go there i will not have to ask this much question.? My marriage is for sure m panic and i only know this. thank you for help much love from Nepal. you are helping for free god will look for you. i will post what will be my case after 3 days when i meet with boys family.

I don't have any relatives who lives there in america. As i said ''what my husband must say when the interviewer asks him if he marries for a green card certainly shows this is a green card marriage! And that’s fraud. '' ((Its a question raised by me and surely they will ask that question because I am marring late after 2NL)) i guess still 4 month left to receive my 2NL . Surely it will be genuine marriage .my parents and my husband parents also will be there and it will be done according to our Hindu culture and in our family all do arrange marriage no one in allowed to do love marriage.
If it means fraud to do arrange marriage after 2NL or I am disqualified for green-card its ok US is not in my fortune.
Can i hire a lawyer ?
because its going to happen a genuine marriage .

Thank you for your answers and time . it means so much to me . If you are bored or not interested in my this personal issue please tell me without any difficulty i will stop asking . still thank you very much for your previous replies. This thread is very helpful to many people like me with serious problem

So I understand you're parents don't consider you matured/strong enough to travel to another country on your own. I understand you don't mind losing out on a Green card, because if you can't go with a spouse, then you're not interested in going. This is typical in some cultures. I know when Gandhi left India for UK, his parents made sure he married someone before he left his homeland as a moral safeguard, to pre-empt his mind from getting temptations in a foreign land. However his wife stayed behind, but in touch. American parents also fears for their children when they go to another city for college, as they may do something young (foolish). I say you decide yourself, what's best for yourself. You seem strong to accept your fortune either way, in US or Nepal, so you will be happy to do as you want. I will say today's world is much smaller than in Gandhi's time. If you have problems far from friends and family, you're just an email/instant message away from advice you trust.

Perhaps you need to invest more in a good communication line with parents, which will withstand the tests of immigration. You're lucky technology has come a long way. Perhaps you don't need spouse (yet) to keep on the straight moral line, if you have instant advice via your mobile. You may check in regularly with parents for advise, a luxury people didn't have a few decades ago. Then you may find a good spouse to marry inside America also, you never know. There are good people in every country. If your parents wishes are so important, being relegated to staying in Nepal in case of a US no-go, sounds equally happy to you. Well it seems you have nothing to lose. Decide what makes you feel better. You can ask your parents if they'll accept you if you marry an American. It's not a question of country it seems, more a question of keeping people you trust and care about happy. I'm sure you know how to do that better than outsiders. It's a matter of your own choice. You're young and perhaps you want to develop a career before marriage. It depends on yourself, what you want. Nobody can tell you, since any risks of course, are always your own. Tell your parents about these risks, and what you think, and you will find your choices may be very simple.

So I understand you're parents don't consider you matured/strong enough to travel to another country on your own. I understand you don't mind losing out on a Green card, because if you can't go with a spouse, then you're not interested in going. This is typical in some cultures. I know when Gandhi left India for UK, his parents made sure he married someone before he left his homeland as a moral safeguard, to pre-empt his mind from getting temptations in a foreign land. However his wife stayed behind, but in touch. American parents also fears for their children when they go to another city for college, as they may do something young (foolish). I say you decide yourself, what's best for yourself. You seem strong to accept your fortune either way, in US or Nepal, so you will be happy to do as you want. I will say today's world is much smaller than in Gandhi's time. If you have problems far from friends and family, you're just an email/instant message away from advice you trust.

Perhaps you need to invest more in a good communication line with parents, which will withstand the tests of immigration. You're lucky technology has come a long way. Perhaps you don't need spouse (yet) to keep on the straight moral line, if you have instant advice via your mobile. You may check in regularly with parents for advise, a luxury people didn't have a few decades ago. Then you may find a good spouse to marry inside America also, you never know. There are good people in every country. If your parents wishes are so important, being relegated to staying in Nepal in case of a US no-go, sounds equally happy to you. Well it seems you have nothing to lose. Decide what makes you feel better. You can ask your parents if they'll accept you if you marry an American. It's not a question of country it seems, more a question of keeping people you trust and care about happy. I'm sure you know how to do that better than outsiders. It's a matter of your own choice. You're young and perhaps you want to develop a career before marriage. It depends on yourself, what you want. Nobody can tell you, since any risks of course, are always your own. Tell your parents about these risks, and what you think, and you will find your choices may be very simple.
thank you for being kind and helpful to me but we are not allowed to marry other than our ethical group . It is considered as sin to marry other than our related cast group. My parents may cant handle that situation and i dont want to hurt them too? I will make choice when i meet the boy after 3 days they are coming so i will share my opinion about this . jay shree ram ji