• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

I am surprised a Diploma is not seen as higher as a High School Graduation. Is it up to the individual officer doing the interview about what they see as acceptable or not?

No, it is more about the difference between “academic” and “vocational”. A diploma is (usually) seen as vocational and therefore not an acceptable substitute, in the same way as completed vocational high school is also not acceptable. A university degree on the other hand is fine.

Hello,

I have been selected in the DV-2019. My case number is 2019AF24xxx. The charge country is Sudan. I know it is too early to know but a rough answers will do

1. Is my number too high for AF? Is there a risk not to reach to an interview phase?

2. If I get an interview when would it be roughly?

Thanks
Omar

1. No and no
2. Summer 2019.

That's a quite low number compared to the previous years (e.g. 2018 DV was approximately 115,968)

Am I correct or this is a good news for the one selected for DV-2019?

Well 2018 was clearly too many, but in relative terms yes it’s good news. It does increase the likelihood of a second draw.

In which scenario is that going to be happen?

In the scenario where the response rate of DS260s between May (when selectees are announced) and around October when the FY begins indicates the likelihood of a significant undershoot on the visa issuance target.

In the scenario where the response rate of DS260s between May (when selectees are announced) and around October when the FY begins indicates the likelihood of a significant undershoot on the visa issuance target.
I see. And I guess if that's gonna happen, the people selected in this second draw will have a case number which will start from the current maximum case number (relative to the region, of course). Is my guess correct?

Also, do we have a percentage of the past "editions" of the DV regarding how many people don't go further with the application (either they don't fill in the DS260 or they don't show up at the interview or they don't go to go get the greencard in the states)? I'd be a very interesting.

Thanks for the replies!

Question if they do a redraw do the new selectees go to the end of the que or do they fill in holes so to speak?

Hello @Britsimon, I married in 2012 and registered my marriage same month and year. My certificate is missing, I have been to the registrar and I also found out my father's name on their copy is wrong so I have had to do an affidavit to make the changes, they cancelled the wrong name, wrote the new name and the current registrar signed with a stamp. Would this cancellation on my certificate cause any problems for me on my D-day? All pictures of my marriage including my signing at the AMA, my engagement and the actual wedding day was made into a beautiful photobook which is very much available. My CN is 2019AF9***, am in Ghana.

Would I have a problem buddy?
N.B. The copy am getting is just a Colored photocopy which is certified or notarized by a lawyer and I have also been given an Authentication Letter also signed by the registrar. They could not give me a newly written one because my marriage was registered in 2012 and the current registrar was not in office.

I see. And I guess if that's gonna happen, the people selected in this second draw will have a case number which will start from the current maximum case number (relative to the region, of course). Is my guess correct?

Also, do we have a percentage of the past "editions" of the DV regarding how many people don't go further with the application (either they don't fill in the DS260 or they don't show up at the interview or they don't go to go get the greencard in the states)? I'd be a very interesting.

Thanks for the replies!

Yes 2nd draw numbers start where first draw ends (because it's actually the same draw - just a revealing of more numbers).

We have stats and lots of data, but response rate etc varies by country and region etc. Look at the DV2018 CEAC data if you are interested. https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ceacFY18.html

Hello @Britsimon, I married in 2012 and registered my marriage same month and year. My certificate is missing, I have been to the registrar and I also found out my father's name on their copy is wrong so I have had to do an affidavit to make the changes, they cancelled the wrong name, wrote the new name and the current registrar signed with a stamp. Would this cancellation on my certificate cause any problems for me on my D-day? All pictures of my marriage including my signing at the AMA, my engagement and the actual wedding day was made into a beautiful photobook which is very much available. My CN is 2019AF9***, am in Ghana.

Would I have a problem buddy?
N.B. The copy am getting is just a Colored photocopy which is certified or notarized by a lawyer and I have also been given an Authentication Letter also signed by the registrar. They could not give me a newly written one because my marriage was registered in 2012 and the current registrar was not in office.

Shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the replies!

No. All we get data for is number of selectees and number of final visas per country. We don’t know precisely what happens to those in the gap, ie whether didn't fill in DS or filled in then no show, but xarthisius follows CEAC data and records ready/approved/refusals per embassy so there is some info there. Doesn’t quite match up because that’s by embassy and official data is by nationality. For some countries this will make a significant difference, for others not.