• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hey Everyone,

I just got an additionnal citizenship today, my passport should be ready before the interview (EU22XXX). Should I unlock my DS?

Thanks

I don’t think it is necessary to unlock Just for that. But if you’re planning on using that passport to obtain your visa, then you may want to unlock and add the information, assuming you get the passport before you’re scheduled for an interview.

Congratulations on your additional citizenship by the way.

Hi everyone,in my DS 260 at the level of the education part, i filled all my diplomas in french, can this cause me any problems or worries ?

I don’t quite understand you mean by you filled all your diplomas in French. Do you mean you listed the educational institutes you attended by their French names?

Are you interviewing in an English or a French speaking country/embassy?

I don’t think it is necessary to unlock Just for that. But if you’re planning on using that passport to obtain your visa, then you may want to unlock and add the information, assuming you get the passport before you’re scheduled for an interview.

Congratulations on your additional citizenship by the way.

Thank you very much, I will unlock if my passport is ready before my interview. And yes I plan to use my new passport to obtain the visa, It's a citizenship "appreciated" in the US :p

Thank you very much, I will unlock if my passport is ready before my interview. And yes I plan to use my new passport to obtain the visa, It's a citizenship "appreciated" in the US :p
Unless your other passport is subject to the travel ban it doesn’t matter which nationality passport you use.

I don’t quite understand you mean by you filled all your diplomas in French. Do you mean you listed the educational institutes you attended by their French names?

Are you interviewing in an English or a French speaking country/embassy?
Yes i listed all the educational institutes i attended by their French names. I am in a bilingual country(Cameroon). We speak English and French

I did not found an Introduction topic so I thought I'd say Hi here! I am Ben, and we are a couple of 2018 selectees in EU region, we are based in the UK and we are super excited, waiting as Everyone ^^

I did not found an Introduction topic so I thought I'd say Hi here! I am Ben, and we are a couple of 2018 selectees in EU region, we are based in the UK and we are super excited, waiting as Everyone ^^

Ben, is your spouse European? You have an EU number - right?

Welcome Ben! :) We're all waiting, hope the outcome will be good for everyone by september.

If I unlock and submit in 2 weeks (my CN is EU21XXX) will it delay my interview?

Thanks!

Giving the fact that the review of the documents is a bit different this time around comparing to the past years as in they do take more into consideration the CN rather than the time when the DS was completed and adding that the EU21XXX is not up for an interview at least until May, you can update the file without worrying to much.

In any case do not wait to much to amend the DS cause there is the other part of the coin: waiting to much will put your DS in a longer queue as KCC needs to review the other entries as well.

The latest VB has EU13800 as cut-off for March and EU15950 for April so your DS will be reviewed in time for the interview to be scheduled without delays if you open the DS and amend it in the following days.

Last edited:
Hello, after entering the US how long can i wait before paying the 220$ for the GC?

And can i work even if still don't have a GC?

Thanks