• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Dude! Those medicals are not fun.
Hahaha....you're right mehn...

I wanted to be on safer side so few months ago my wife n I went to see our private doctor to run all the required tests on us so we could seek treatment should we fail in any, but thank God we were clean in all.....hope it stays so for our medicals next week:eek:

Hahaha....you're right mehn...

I wanted to be on safer side so few months ago my wife n I went to see our private doctor to run all the required tests on us so we could seek treatment should we fail in any, but thank God we were clean in all.....hope it stays so for our medicals next week
Man, that’s a determined preparation. You deserve a GC for being so thorough. ;)

Man, that’s a determined preparation. You deserve a GC for being so thorough. ;)
Hmmm, we're looking up to God.

Kojo please have you heard of any family(ies) who were asked at the interview for proof of their financial capacity prior to securing job upon arrival? Or anyone who was asked of AoS. I am aware AoS is not a requirement in Accra but it is always best to over prepare, as BritSimon will say.

Hmmm, we're looking up to God.

Kojo please have you heard of any family(ies) who were asked at the interview for proof of their financial capacity prior to securing job upon arrival? Or anyone who was asked of AoS. I am aware AoS is not a requirement in Accra but it is always best to over prepare, as BritSimon will say.
So far I haven’t heard of such a case at the Accra embassy at least as far as my readings of previous threads on this forum are concerned. I see no harm in acquiring it though. In my case my older brother is our host and he’s on standby to send the AOS should it ever be required. Preparation and over-preparation is good here I reckon.

So far I haven’t heard of such a case at the Accra embassy at least as far as my readings of previous threads on this forum are concerned. I see no harm in acquiring it though. In my case my older brother is our host and he’s on standby to send the AOS should it ever be required. Preparation and over-preparation is good here I reckon.
I’m sure our super moderators will jump in as needed too ;)

Folks if you know you’re a selected and current or likely to be current soon, please don’t hide and try and prepare all by yourself. In one of the previous threads someone missed getting his IV just because of an error that a discussion would have identified for correction.
If indeed this may very well be the last DV lottery, we should make the most of it. Subject to not reading at all (which in itself shows a lack of preparation), no question is too silly to ask. Good luck to us all and may the Force be with you (yes I’m a Star Wars geek):cool:

Yeah you're right. So I-134, W2(?), and what again? Hope i got it right...

My wife (PA) has her official SSCE results issued by wAEC and sent to her School and signed by the headmistress back in 2000 for her 1999 SSCE. She then wrote the NOV DEC in 2000 to upgrade her mathematics which was successful. My question folks, is it enough to submit these originals as proof of her educational qualifications or we are still required to obtain confirmation of results from WAEC? She also has a signed and sealed testimonial or attestation letter from her school. I just don’t wanna leave any areas open to the dreaded AP. I figure we need to prove the SSS qualification beyond any reasonable doubt especially since she doesn’t have her Bachelors Degree from Uni even though she completed her bachelors degree course (she has the transcripts from Legon) but the certificate itself is outstanding because of administrative errors caused by the Uni on her transcripts. Interestingly her name was published in the graduation booklet back in 2005.
Am I being paranoid? ;) @Nana Kofi @Britsimon @Dunamis @Sm1smom

Bro. Sorry for the delay in response. I'd been off the forum for too long...pardon me everyone. I'm back.

Well, if your wife has the ORIGINAL of both the SSCE and NovDec, I disagree with @Sm1smom that you NEED to obtain confirmation of results from WAEC in addition. A Ghanaian proverb says "too much meat doesn't spoil a soup", there's no harm in requesting WAEC to send confirmation of results to the embassy. For my case (similar to others in previous threads), I didn't have my original SSCE certificate so I requested WAEC to send the confirmation of results to the embassy and I obtained attestation letter from my school and the embassy accepted both.

I'm also a Legon graduate and I am very surprised that she's not been able to obtain her degree cert yet...especially when it's not her fault. Some classmates had a wrong graduation year on their certificate...they reported the error to our Dean and he collected all the affected certificates...added a cover letter and returned them to the main administration... one month later, the university issued corrected ones for them. Over 10 years is too long a time to convince the CO that the degree certificate hasn't been issued because of an administrative error. Although she has her high school cert, I strongly advise she follows up on the degree cert ASAP. Don't under estimate the effect of adding a cert that's beyond SSCE. It's not too late though, I recommend she goes directly to the office of the Dean of her school or even the Provost of her college to lodge a fresh claim. And if possible, she should be nice to the secretary to get his/her personal phone number so she can be calling to follow up often. If it's a genuine error, following up will get it resolved in no time.

About the need to obtain a scratch, I strongly believe it's not necessary but as I indicated earlier, if you hv more than enough funds to spend, get one.

Anyway, I have returned from Virginia to Ghana to sort out few personal stuffs and return by April. Currently in Kumasi. I'm here to help like others. I wish y'all the best.

Bro. Sorry for the delay in response. I'd been off the forum for too long...pardon me everyone. I'm back.

Well, if your wife has the ORIGINAL of both the SSCE and NovDec, I disagree with @Sm1smom that you NEED to obtain confirmation of results from WAEC in addition. A Ghanaian proverb says "too much meat doesn't spoil a soup", there's no harm in requesting WAEC to send confirmation of results to the embassy. For my case (similar to others in previous threads), I didn't have my original SSCE certificate so I requested WAEC to send the confirmation of results to the embassy and I obtained attestation letter from my school and the embassy accepted both.

I'm also a Legon graduate and I am very surprised that she's not been able to obtain her degree cert yet...especially when it's not her fault. Some classmates had a wrong graduation year on their certificate...they reported the error to our Dean and he collected all the affected certificates...added a cover letter and returned them to the main administration... one month later, the university issued corrected ones for them. Over 10 years is too long a time to convince the CO that the degree certificate hasn't been issued because of an administrative error. Although she has her high school cert, I strongly advise she follows up on the degree cert ASAP. Don't under estimate the effect of adding a cert that's beyond SSCE. It's not too late though, I recommend she goes directly to the office of the Dean of her school or even the Provost of her college to lodge a fresh claim. And if possible, she should be nice to the secretary to get his/her personal phone number so she can be calling to follow up often. If it's a genuine error, following up will get it resolved in no time.

About the need to obtain a scratch, I strongly believe it's not necessary but as I indicated earlier, if you hv more than enough funds to spend, get one.

Anyway, I have returned from Virginia to Ghana to sort out few personal stuffs and return by April. Currently in Kumasi. I'm here to help like others. I wish y'all the best.
Thanks a lot @Nana Kofi. The degree issue is as a result of a number of errors with respect to courses and grades. Courses she had never taken before appeared on her transcript and university required graduating courses she had done failed to appear. We have a friend who’s following up for her now as she’s working with the University Admin. Hopefully we should get it before the interview date. Much appreciated and welcome back to Ghana.

Thanks a lot @Nana Kofi. The degree issue is as a result of a number of errors with respect to courses and grades. Courses she had never taken before appeared on her transcript and university required graduating courses she had done failed to appear. We have a friend who’s following up for her now as she’s working with the University Admin. Hopefully we should get it before the interview date. Much appreciated and welcome back to Ghana.

Medaase. Good to know you're following up. I wish you well.

@Obimpeh. Hope you’re done with the medicals? Had ours on Friday. Spent almost a whole day there. The place was so busy!
Yes oo Kojo, we did ours on Wednesday instead of Thursday because the kids had SAT exams to write. Gosh, it was terrible! We spent the whole day at Akai and these kids wouldn't give us tough time....it was very tiring, but in the end we got it done with.

Do you know, or have any idea how the Police reports are handed to the applicants? Am asking this because we picked ours today, and the certificates were handed to us not in sealed envelopes. The envelope was given to us separately so we had to put the cert in the envelope. Is that the norm?

Yes oo Kojo, we did ours on Wednesday instead of Thursday because the kids had SAT exams to write. Gosh, it was terrible! We spent the whole day at Akai and these kids wouldn't give us tough time....it was very tiring, but in the end we got it done with.

Do you know, or have any idea how the Police reports are handed to the applicants? Am asking this because we picked ours today, and the certificates were handed to us not in sealed envelopes. The envelope was given to us separately so we had to put the cert in the envelope. Is that the norm?
Yes, that is the norm. I’m picking up ours on Wednesday. I had to take the kids this morning for them to see the results of the tb test. All clear.