• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

List your parents names correctly on the DS 260, that's the most important thing. Then if you like, get the registrar to issue you with an updated B/C with your mum's correct name - this will be significant in the future if you ever decide to sponsor your mum.
Hi @Sm1smom. Got it. Will do that. In my case however, my mum passed on many years ago. If i dont make the correction on the birth certificate but maintain correct details on the DS260, can it lead to disqualification? FYI, I have her death certificate which bears the correct names.

Hi @Sm1smom. Got it. Will do that. In my case however, my mum passed on many years ago. If i dont make the correction on the birth certificate but maintain correct details on the DS260, can it lead to disqualification? FYI, I have her death certificate which bears the correct names.

I do not think it can lead to a denial.

This is what i have maintained on my DS260;

1. Present and Previous address - The addresses of the places i have lived

2. Mailing Address - My P.O Box

Is this correct?

I am asking because the below question is kind of confusing to me;

"Is your Mailing Address the same as your Present Address?"

This is what i have maintained on my DS260;

1. Present and Previous address - The addresses of the places i have lived

2. Mailing Address - My P.O Box

Is this correct?

I am asking because the below question is kind of confusing to me;

"Is your Mailing Address the same as your Present Address?"

In some countries the mailing address is the same as your present address. In Kenya P.O. Box cannot be an address. It has to be Physical e.g. Buruburu Phase 3, Moseti Court, House No. 536. P.o. Box is your mailing address.

In some countries the mailing address is the same as your present address. In Kenya P.O. Box cannot be an address. It has to be Physical e.g. Buruburu Phase 3, Moseti Court, House No. 536. P.o. Box is your mailing address.
Great :)
This is what i have maintained.
Thank you for the clarification @Guriix

Hi all, i have been selected for dv 2018, on trying to submit my online DS-260 there's an issue with case number at submitting the form. can anyone help on the same

Hi guys. Im working on my DS260. The session keeps timing out. Sometimes even after 1-2 min. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi guys. Im working on my DS260. The session keeps timing out. Sometimes even after 1-2 min. Anyone else experiencing this?

It happens when you have multiple browser windows open (started the DS260 session more than once). Shut down all browser sessions. Maybe try a different browser (like Chrome/Firefox/IE) just for the DS260 session.

It happens when you have multiple browser windows open (started the DS260 session more than once). Shut down all browser sessions. Maybe try a different browser (like Chrome/Firefox/IE) just for the DS260 session.
Hi @Britsimon , followed your advise. Used Firefox and maintained only one session for the DS260. Works like a charm :)
I have completed and submitted my DS260. Thank you so much @Britsimon ,@Sm1smom, @Guriix, @SusieQQQ for your guidance through the entire process.

Last edited:
Am one of the selectees for the DV2018 and am grateful to this forum's initiator for Kenya. Now with the new immigration proposals by Trump 's admin,will this affect the current selectees or is just for future draws? Just not worried but curious

Afternoon people. Any Kenyan who is in the first AF8500 that will be attending interview in October?. The first VB for 2018 is out rather early this year.