• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

okey thanks i had text the kkc for unlockin my ds-260 and i will delete it from the liste . in the question what would you do in us i told travel in coputer science it's good or note ? if not what i shold do ?
mty case number is 2018AF0017XXX i have a chance to passe the interview
sorry for all the questions ,you're a helpful person

okey thanks i had text the kkc for unlockin my ds-260 and i will delete it from the liste . in the question what would you do in us i told travel in coputer science it's good or note ? if not what i shold do ?
mty case number is 2018AF0017XXX i have a chance to passe the interview
sorry for all the questions ,you're a helpful person

First rule of thumb regarding immigration issues: never ever LIE! If you delete your work history from the DS260 form on the basis of not being able to provide any form of evidence to back it up, that would be a lie. You will be claiming to have not worked, it can lead to a denial if the background check reveals you've worked.

I cannot tell you what you should list as your intended occupation - be truthful and write what YOU plan to do/work as.

First rule of thumb regarding immigration issues: never ever LIE! If you delete your work history from the DS260 form on the basis of not being able to provide any form of evidence to back it up, that would be a lie. You will be claiming to have not worked, it can lead to a denial if the background check reveals you've worked.

I cannot tell you what you should list as your intended occupation - be truthful and write what YOU plan to do/work as.
what i should do ? if i can't prove my previouse work they told me i lie , and if i deleted it the told me i lie :(

what i should do ? if i can't prove my previouse work they told me i lie , and if i deleted it the told me i lie :(

Okay you need to pay attention to what I've written so far, it doesn't seem to me like you are. I already wrote twice that there is no expectation to prove work experience IF you're not trying to qualify based on work experience.

The only proof you will be required to present is at least your high school diploma if you meet the educational requirements which is why I asked you earlier on if you meet this, and you gave a somewhat arrogant "of course" response.

Hi experts, I got the following question about the support documents for the consular interview:

In the consular interview it´s valid to present the supporting documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates, diplomas, etc) legalized under the HCCH, for Hague Conference (Conférence de La Haye)?

In Venezuela i have all this documents legalized under de "Conférence de La Haye" convention.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

Yes your case would have been current this year in May - because the region went current. So - you have a good chance, but again - we don't have any reall data to be sure at this time. Selectee counts will be released in a couple of weeks, so we will know more then.
Hello how are you ? After second the counts for 2018 is my number high? They selected a high number for SA this year

The visa bulletin for July 2017 is available. I computed selectee totals for DV2018 manually, if I didn't make any mistakes, then the number of selectess are:

AF 48692
AS 15997
EU 41706
NA 15
OC 3863
SA 4995

Total 115268

What do you all think for SA 1700 count? Having 4995 selectees?

What do you all think for SA 1700 count? Having 4995 selectees?

Please allow me to give you my personal opinion, and others please feel free to correct me. There is definitely some risk to your number, but overselected years in the past have reached nearly those levels, and with Ecuador entering the game this year with a significant number of selectees for SA it would be common sense to think the SA quota will increase this year and number of selectees being interviewed count could surpass the level reached in previous overselected years. However, more knowledgable members in the forum have explained that every year is different, so we cannot take what we perceive as a guarantee of what will happen, especially when there are so many factors that end up having an impact in the final results (such as Trump executive orders on immigration, or any other thing that we do not even think of but that may end up happening), so best thing to do like our friend brit says, is "wait and see". In any case, your SA 1700 is way better than my SA 21xx ;) So don't jump into conclusions and wait, don't feel bad but don't take it for granted. (and definitely don't sell your house and everything you have just yet)... :)

Haha thanks for your kind reply, let's wait and see but as you said common sense for me implies that if the selectees number is higher this year, every case number on my range would be equivalent to a lower number in previous years!
Anyway, this is a lottery within the lottery!
Good luck to all!

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the requirements post arrival in the US.

When entering the US, what is the minimum requirement to stay in the US before you can get out? Also, what is the maximum period you can stay outside of the US without loosing the benefits of being a green card holder?

I am asking this question as a business opportunity is being considered, and I would need more time in europe, but will definitely not miss the chance to move to the US for any reason.

Thank you for your help

Hi everybody, can anyone help me with this question?

In the consular interview is valid to present the supporting documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates, diplomas, etc) legalized under the HCCH, for Hague Conference (Conférence de La Haye)?

In Venezuela i have all this documents legalized under de "Conférence de La Haye" convention.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the requirements post arrival in the US.

When entering the US, what is the minimum requirement to stay in the US before you can get out? Also, what is the maximum period you can stay outside of the US without loosing the benefits of being a green card holder?

I am asking this question as a business opportunity is being considered, and I would need more time in europe, but will definitely not miss the chance to move to the US for any reason.

Thank you for your help

Truth is there's no such thing as minimum or maximum stay required for maintaining the GC since the GC is intended for living/residing in the US.

You may however apply for a re-entry permit after establishing residency to enable you stay out of the US for up to 2 years, if need be, without deemed considered to have abandoned your US residency.

Hi everybody, can anyone help me with this question?

In the consular interview is valid to present the supporting documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates, diplomas, etc) legalized under the HCCH, for Hague Conference (Conférence de La Haye)?

Thanks in advance for your help

Can't guide you on this as this is an embassy specific question. Hopefully, someone familiar with the embassy will come along and guide you as needed.

Hi,
I am DV 2018 selectee from Asia and I was preparing my DS260 for submission. On the last page of DS260 where you sign and submit, when I put my case number, it says it is not the same as I used during sign in. I tried multiple times but I get the same message. Do anyone know why it happens and what should I do?

Hi,
I am DV 2018 selectee from Asia and I was preparing my DS260 for submission. On the last page of DS260 where you sign and submit, when I put my case number, it says it is not the same as I used during sign in. I tried multiple times but I get the same message. Do anyone know why it happens and what should I do?
Leave the middle zeroes out. So instead of say 2018AS000000012345 put 2018AS12345.