• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

hello everyone.I would appreciate any advice on this one.Am one year old now in USA,i need to invite my mum(if thats practically possible)for a short stay of about 4-6 months.What is the process like?

hello everyone.I would appreciate any advice on this one.Am one year old now in USA,i need to invite my mum(if thats practically possible)for a short stay of about 4-6 months.What is the process like?

;)

She applies for a B1/B2 tourist visa at her local consulate, preferably with a letter from you inviting her to stay with you for a specified period of time and offering to meet all her expenses while she is there. She will need to be able to prove ties to go back home again at the end of the visit.
Note that generally 6 months is the maximum someone can stay when entering on a tourist visa.

2016157D8P6C2111 a friend tells me he has been sent an by kcc that he has won the 2016 lottery and above is the case number.I am suspicious of that case number can someonle please confirm for me on his behalf if this ia the new format for DV case numbers?

2016157D8P6C2111 a friend tells me he has been sent an by kcc that he has won the 2016 lottery and above is the case number.I am suspicious of that case number can someonle please confirm for me on his behalf if this ia the new format for DV case numbers?

Your friend is about to get scammed. That's not a DV selectee number, the CN format hasn't changed. Plus when KCC actually do contact people who are not aware of their selection, KCC does not provide or include the CN in the email they send out. Those people still have to log into the ESC site to see their selectee information.

Just to "ditto" what mom said. If your friend takes any action based on that he is 100% certain to be either scammed or have his identity stolen.

To confirm it if he doesn't believe you, he can email KCC at their proper email, not at whatever email claims to be theirs that he has received. As you know any mail to KCC needs to have case number, full name and date of birth. He will get a response from KCC that it is not a valid case number.

1. This was my yesterday's interview experience at Nairobi consolate section, Kenya. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Arrived at 5.20am. At 6.00am the embassy main gate was opened. We went 1st security check and only 2nl and PP was required at that point. Proceeded to the 2nd security check point. This point 2nd/PP was requested and instructed to leave all the metallic objects and phones. Proceeded to the hole after the checks and we were given a token number after giving the receptionist our 2nl. We were told to wait outside as we wait our number to be called. After 20mins our number was called at window 7.we met a kenyan lady who asked for the fillowing;
    Principle applicant (me):-
    1.birth cert and copy
    2.marriage cert and copy
    3.police clearance cert without a copy
    4. KCSE and copy

1st Dependants(my wife):-
    1.birth cert and copy
    2.Police clearance cert

2nd Dependant(my daughter):-
    1.birth cert and copy

After the lady went through our docs and got satisfied, she sent me to pay the visa fee for 3 of us which was $330 per person. After returning the payment receipts to her, she told us to wait outside and wait our number to be called again.
    After about 30mins we were called to counter 9 where we found a tall white lady who requested to take our fingure prints. Then she told us to go back and sit outside to wait for our number to be called again.
    In 1hr time our number was called again to counter 10. Found a black American lady who was now the CO to conduct the interview. Then it started:-
    CO: Good morning
    Me&wife: morning
    CO: Both of you raise your right hand and swear.... brrr
    Me&wife: yes, we do
    CO: To me what are yours names.?
    Me: brrrrrr
    CO: when did you complete your high school?
    CO: what was your grade?
    Me: brrrr
    CO: What did you do after high school?
    Me: brrrrrrr
    CO: what are you doing now?
    CO: which state and city are going?
    Me: brrr
    CO: who lives there?
    CO: how are you related?
    CO: To me & wife- is this your first marriage for both of you?
    Me & wife: brrrrrrr
    CO: To me & Wife- is this your only kid?
    Congratulations your visa is approved. I will now return your originals but will remain with your PP.............brrrr. I even did hear the last part of the conversation
    All the glory be to God

1. This was my yesterday's interview experience at Nairobi consolate section, Kenya. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Arrived at 5.20am. At 6.00am the embassy main gate was opened. We went 1st security check and only 2nl and PP was required at that point. Proceeded to the 2nd security check point. This point 2nd/PP was requested and instructed to leave all the metallic objects and phones. Proceeded to the hole after the checks and we were given a token number after giving the receptionist our 2nl. We were told to wait outside as we wait our number to be called. After 20mins our number was called at window 7.we met a kenyan lady who asked for the fillowing;
    Principle applicant (me):-
    1.birth cert and copy
    2.marriage cert and copy
    3.police clearance cert without a copy
    4. KCSE and copy

1st Dependants(my wife):-
    1.birth cert and copy
    2.Police clearance cert

2nd Dependant(my daughter):-
    1.birth cert and copy

After the lady went through our docs and got satisfied, she sent me to pay the visa fee for 3 of us which was $330 per person. After returning the payment receipts to her, she told us to wait outside and wait our number to be called again.
    After about 30mins we were called to counter 9 where we found a tall white lady who requested to take our fingure prints. Then she told us to go back and sit outside to wait for our number to be called again.
    In 1hr time our number was called again to counter 10. Found a black American lady who was now the CO to conduct the interview. Then it started:-
    CO: Good morning
    Me&wife: morning
    CO: Both of you raise your right hand and swear.... brrr
    Me&wife: yes, we do
    CO: To me what are yours names.?
    CO: when did you complete your high school?
    CO: what was your grade?
    CO: What did you do after high school?
    Me: brrrrrrr
    CO: what are you doing now?
    CO: which state and city are going?
    CO: who lives there?
    CO: how are you related?
    CO: To me & wife- is this your first marriage for both of you?
    CO: To me & Wife- is this your only kid?
    Congratulations your visa is approved. I will now return your originals but will remain with your PP.............brrrr. I even did hear the last part of the conversation
    All the glory be to God
KK, Congratulations!! As for us it still looks like a long way to go but we shall get their thanks for interview exp...

Dear Experts,

I have 3 questions regarding to my friend's case,a dv2016,who's interviewing this week.
1.Passport: He filled his ds260 without having a passport .Hence,he's looking for a way on how to handle this.
2.Host: Apparently,his host was a dv2015 and that makes him feel uncertain.Hence,he wants to change host but doesn't know how to go about it since the interview is due this week.
3.1NL: He printed but misplaced the 1Nl and as it appears,since after the day the 2nl came out,ESC will only show him the 2nl but not show 1nl anymore.

Experts;Sm1smom,Britsimon and SusieQQQ kindly see us some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Experts,

I have 3 questions regarding to my friend's case,a dv2016,who's interviewing this week.
1.Passport: He filled his ds260 without having a passport .Hence,he's looking for a way on how to handle this.
2.Host: Apparently,his host was a dv2015 and that makes him feel uncertain.Hence,he wants to change host but doesn't know how to go about it since the interview is due this week.
3.1NL: He printed but misplaced the 1Nl and as it appears,since after the day the 2nl came out,ESC will only show him the 2nl but not show 1nl anymore.

Experts;Sm1smom,Britsimon and SusieQQQ kindly see us some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

1. He's obviously going need his passport for the interview. Has he gotten one yet?

2. He can make the change with the CO during the interview. They may ask a bit more question about his relationship with the host, so he needs to be prepared for that.

3. There's no way of retrieving the 1NL once replaced by the 2NL.

Hint for others: when you get your 1NL, apart from printing, copy and paste the entire thing and save it in a word document. Then, either email it to yourself on an email program like gmail that you can access from any computer, and/or save a copy to the cloud. That way there will always be a copy somewhere in case you lose the hard copy, the 2NL has arrived and your computer has crashed.

Hi all. congratulations to those who made it!! I am amazed at the spirit of all of you. You are so giving of your time and info even after the move. I only pray we all get a chance to carry it forward.
I am a DV2018 selectee and I really want to hear from those who made the move with little ones. How has the adjustment been in terms of housing and school especially. Thanks once again and God bless you richly.

Hi all. congratulations to those who made it!! I am amazed at the spirit of all of you. You are so giving of your time and info even after the move. I only pray we all get a chance to carry it forward.
I am a DV2018 selectee and I really want to hear from those who made the move with little ones. How has the adjustment been in terms of housing and school especially. Thanks once again and God bless you richly.

The little ones adjust way easier. They get into school, they are in a routine, they make friends, they adapt fast to their new lives, if English is not their mother tongue they learn it really fast.