• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

So, now that things have settled down :p experience:

Got to gigiri at just about 05:45 and wanted to park at Warwick Centre. Was kindly advised by guard to wait till 6 then start paying the daytime toll. So incase you get there that early, just wait till 6 then you can park else you'll pay the standard night toll of Ksh. 1000 plus the hourly toll after 6.

So finally I park and move on to the embassy, rather chilly so please put on a pullover. At the gate we're divided into 2 groups. Ladies and gents. We're searched thoroughly and appointment letter and passport are checked. You're then ushered to the second security check where your appointment letter and passport are checked again and this time your details are confirmed against a checklist. Please make sure to book your appointment online post receiving the 2NL.

After confirmation and a bit of waiting, wer're ushered into a room where you submit all electronics and once again searched thoroughly. Also do not carry the medical CD from IOM. You'll only leave it at the entrance.

After that we then move on to the waiting area. DV applicants are ushered in immediately and issued a number.
Session 1
Called to window 7 after about 10 minutes of waiting
Multiple questions asked, are you married, have any kids, ever served in military or police then she repeated the question are you sure you haven't been married before then asks for documents in this order:
Birth Certificate and copies,
High school cert and copy
Police certificates of all countries lived in for more than a year
2 Passport size photos.
Then asked to go pay at the cashiers then return receipt to window 7. So I paid then whilst waiting to return receipt my number was called to Window 9 where an American lady was waiting. She says hi then asks What is your name sir, when were you born (these caught me off guard but since there's nothing to hide, everything came out naturally without stuttering) then goes ahead and takes my fingerprints. She then asks me to wait outside and will be called back for my interview. After about 30 mins of waiting am called to window 10

CO wasn't too jovial but ok.
1. When did you finish high school
2. What was your score
3. What did you do after high school
4. Where did you go to college
5. Why did you go there
6. What are you doing now
7. Whom are you going to stay with in the United States?
8. Where does he live

OK sir, I'm returning your original documents to you (Birth cert and school cert) she kept the police certs. She then shuffles through the forms and says your visa is approved and hands me the green sheet with dhl details and asked to pay for green card before departure. Have a good day sir and am very grateful to her and wish her a good day.

The smile on my face was from here till sunday. Couldn't believe I got the green form.

So in a nutshell, have all docs well prepared, relax and all will be very smooth. 2.5 hours tops.

Good luck to all of you who have interviews coming up. All is well. I was so tense and nervous thinking of all possible mistakes I made but none of that came up.. God bless all of you and I wish you my sincere best.

Congratulations and all the best.

Oh an two small tips I may add,
1. Please pay in USD. Change your currency in a reasonable bureau beforehand. The embassy's rate is a little higher. Might save you about a K if you change outside.
2. Please carry a pen.

Congrats Tonny,
Now the tension is over
The nervousness is on zero gauge :)

Got to gigiri at just about 05:45 and wanted to park at Warwick Centre. Was kindly advised by guard to wait till 6 then start paying the daytime toll. So incase you get there that early, just wait till 6 then you can park else you'll pay the standard night toll of Ksh. 1000 plus the hourly toll after 6.

So finally I park and move on to the embassy, rather chilly so please put on a pullover. At the gate we're divided into 2 groups. Ladies and gents. We're searched thoroughly and appointment letter and passport are checked. You're then ushered to the second security check where your appointment letter and passport are checked again and this time your details are confirmed against a checklist. Please make sure to book your appointment online post receiving the 2NL.

After confirmation and a bit of waiting, wer're ushered into a room where you submit all electronics and once again searched thoroughly. Also do not carry the medical CD from IOM. You'll only leave it at the entrance.

After that we then move on to the waiting area. DV applicants are ushered in immediately and issued a number.
Session 1
Multiple questions asked, are you married, have any kids, ever served in military or police then she repeated the question are you sure you haven't been married before then asks for documents in this order:
2 Passport size photos.
Then asked to go pay at the cashiers then return receipt to window 7. So I paid then whilst waiting to return receipt my number was called to Window 9 where an American lady was waiting. She says hi then asks What is your name sir, when were you born (these caught me off guard but since there's nothing to hide, everything came out naturally without stuttering) then goes ahead and takes my fingerprints. She then asks me to wait outside and will be called back for my interview. After about 30 mins of waiting am called to window 10

2. What was your score
5. Why did you go there
8. Where does he live

OK sir, I'm returning your original documents to you (Birth cert and school cert) she kept the police certs. She then shuffles through the forms and says your visa is approved and hands me the green sheet with dhl details and asked to pay for green card before departure. Have a good day sir and am very grateful to her and wish her a good day.

The smile on my face was from here till sunday. Couldn't believe I got the green form.

So in a nutshell, have all docs well prepared, relax and all will be very smooth. 2.5 hours tops.

Good luck to all of you who have interviews coming up. All is well. I was so tense and nervous thinking of all possible mistakes I made but none of that came up.. God bless all of you and I wish you my sincere best.

Session 1
2 Passport size photos.

2. What was your score
5. Why did you go there
8. Where does he live

Congrats and all the best Tony

Session 1
2 Passport size photos.

2. What was your score
5. Why did you go there
8. Where does he live

Congratulations T and thanks for the interview experience

Dear friends,
We made and error on our host's address while registering at the POE.
Kindly advise on how this can be rectified.
Thanks.

hello,i'd like to ask this good people....if i already have the affidavit of support from my sponsor do i need to show the co my bànk statements during the interview?

thanks for the quick reply.......so i should just take it even if there is nothing much in the account because i dont work i'm a student