• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

usually A-levels. GCSEs are only 11 years of school and not adequate for college entry. I think some countries in the past have accepted them but I think they changed it, best to check country by country.
My brother and sister did o levels, then went for ACCA and then university. Did not do A levels. Will that be a problem? They haven't won yet but hey ho its good to know.

My brother and sister did o levels, then went for ACCA and then university. Did not do A levels. Will that be a problem? They haven't won yet but hey ho its good to know.

It would have been a problem before, with the new system maybe not, assuming they have actually graduated university. I didn't know btw that you could do ACCA with only o-levels, but ACCA itself wouldn't be enough anyway I am sure.

Edit: hm interesting, I just checked the ACCA website and it says:

Can I apply to study the ACCA Qualification?

Yes - if you meet the minimum entry requirements which is:

• Two A-Levels and three GCSEs (or their equivalent)
  • These need to be in five separate subjects including English and maths.

Nevertheless it will be university not ACCA that is important should they win DV.

Okay. Missed u guys. been a busy period. Am back now to help anyone if any. If anyone is coming to ohio maybe i can suggest some places. Otherwise mods. thx for the great work. @Britsimon @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ and others. I am grateful for the advice u guys gave me. How r u doing @usken go
Hi @kakjose. Gold to hear you.
Am OK, only that I became the overgrown kid who just won't hop off this e-cradle.
You'll find that a couple of posts up this thread.
How is Ohio, any other DV 15s up there?

Hi @kakjose. Gold to hear you.
Am OK, only that I became the overgrown kid who just won't hop off this e-cradle.
You'll find that a couple of posts up this thread.
How is Ohio, any other DV 15s up there?
Thx Ken just call me Joe. Ohio is getting chilly now. I moved out of my host's place because of work so getting schools , work projects. i was a sprint. but its getting calm now. I read yo credit card concern. Man. u will need a credit card unless luke the mods said. if u r planning to buy a house using cash which is not a beight idea given that a house is not an investment. u r better off paying 4% APR and investing yo cash like back home where securities grow in xs of 18% PA. But the best way is to get a secured card. what i did was i knew i need to buy a car. instead of paying cash. i took out a se ured credit for the car. deposited the cashas security n pay the car loan to create history. it takes time to get serious credit history

Hmm, must this MMR vaccine be taken after 2 months in case one doesn't travel immediately after getting approved? Feels lousy :mad:

Hmm, must this MMR vaccine be taken after 2 months in case one doesn't travel immediately after getting approved? Feels lousy

Confusing question. You need MMR for the medical. Once you've been vaccinated, you're vaccinated, you don't need it for travelling specifically ....for example...if you can prove you had MMR years before your interview you don't need it again.

Confusing question. You need MMR for the medical. Once you've been vaccinated, you're vaccinated, you don't need it for travelling specifically ....for example...if you can prove you had MMR years before your interview you don't need it again.
Well thanks Sussie. I had it on Thursday and the lady at IOM told me that if I didn't travel after 2 months of receiving it, then I had to get another shot. That and Td.

Well thanks Sussie. I had it on Thursday and the lady at IOM told me that if I didn't travel after 2 months of receiving it, then I had to get another shot. That and Td.

Really? How strange. We never got told anything like that when we got ours ...and in fact our interview was 2 months after our medics and we travelled almost 6 months later. It's normally only kids that need boosters and that is dependent on age not when they travel. However I would not want to contradict a medical professional.

Really? How strange. We never got told anything like that when we got ours ...and in fact our interview was 2 months after our medics and we travelled almost 6 months later. It's normally only kids that need boosters and that is dependent on age not when they travel. However I would not want to contradict a medical professional.
Thanks again Susie. I don't know why she told me that and I certainly don't intend to travel soon after the interview. However pun intended, these are 2 terrible vaccines lol. Did they ask for the vaccination cert at the POE?

Thanks again Susie. I don't know why she told me that and I certainly don't intend to travel soon after the interview. However pun intended, these are 2 terrible vaccines lol. Did they ask for the vaccination cert at the POE?

Your medical results including a copy of the vaccination certificate are in the brown envelope that is part of your visa package. The CBP officer as I recall opens and checks the package before admitting you. The copy of the vaccination certificate that you get is for your own use. Especially mportant to take care of it if you have kids for school (vaccination cards from other countries often don't make sense to them but they can see what they need from the worksheet you get from the doctor).

Your medical results including a copy of the vaccination certificate are in the brown envelope that is part of your visa package. The CBP officer as I recall opens and checks the package before admitting you. The copy of the vaccination certificate that you get is for your own use. Especially mportant to take care of it if you have kids for school (vaccination cards from other countries often don't make sense to them but they can see what they need from the worksheet you get from the doctor).
Cheers Susie. Much appreciated.

It would have been a problem before, with the new system maybe not, assuming they have actually graduated university. I didn't know btw that you could do ACCA with only o-levels, but ACCA itself wouldn't be enough anyway I am sure.

Edit: hm interesting, I just checked the ACCA website and it says:

Can I apply to study the ACCA Qualification?

Yes - if you meet the minimum entry requirements which is:

• Two A-Levels and three GCSEs (or their equivalent)
  • These need to be in five separate subjects including English and maths.

Nevertheless it will be university not ACCA that is important should they win DV.

The other way is to get an ABE certificate and then enroll for ACCA.

http://www.oshwalcollege.ac.ke/
academics/professional-courses/accounts-department/association-of-chartered-certified-accountant/

This is where she went.

Morning folks.

Have reason to celebrate this morning. VISA APPROVED. I'll post details of the interview a little later but in the same breath,britsimon, usamommy,sussie and sme1smom, your help and patience are priceless a d I sincerely thank you all for all that you've done for me and the community here in general. Thank you so much. Everything was so smooth. Was out of the embassy in exactly 2.5 hours.

Morning folks.

Have reason to celebrate this morning. VISA APPROVED. I'll post details of the interview a little later but in the same breath,britsimon, usamommy,sussie and sme1smom, your help and patience are priceless a d I sincerely thank you all for all that you've done for me and the community here in general. Thank you so much. Everything was so smooth. Was out of the embassy in exactly 2.5 hours.
Congrats Tony and all the best. Please post the details once you have a moment...

So, now that things have settled down :p experience:

Got to gigiri at just about 05:45 and wanted to park at Warwick Centre. Was kindly advised by guard to wait till 6 then start paying the daytime toll. So incase you get there that early, just wait till 6 then you can park else you'll pay the standard night toll of Ksh. 1000 plus the hourly toll after 6.

So finally I park and move on to the embassy, rather chilly so please put on a pullover. At the gate we're divided into 2 groups. Ladies and gents. We're searched thoroughly and appointment letter and passport are checked. You're then ushered to the second security check where your appointment letter and passport are checked again and this time your details are confirmed against a checklist. Please make sure to book your appointment online post receiving the 2NL.

After confirmation and a bit of waiting, wer're ushered into a room where you submit all electronics and once again searched thoroughly. Also do not carry the medical CD from IOM. You'll only leave it at the entrance.

After that we then move on to the waiting area. DV applicants are ushered in immediately and issued a number.
Session 1
Called to window 7 after about 10 minutes of waiting
Multiple questions asked, are you married, have any kids, ever served in military or police then she repeated the question are you sure you haven't been married before then asks for documents in this order:
Birth Certificate and copies,
High school cert and copy
Police certificates of all countries lived in for more than a year
2 Passport size photos.
Then asked to go pay at the cashiers then return receipt to window 7. So I paid then whilst waiting to return receipt my number was called to Window 9 where an American lady was waiting. She says hi then asks What is your name sir, when were you born (these caught me off guard but since there's nothing to hide, everything came out naturally without stuttering) then goes ahead and takes my fingerprints. She then asks me to wait outside and will be called back for my interview. After about 30 mins of waiting am called to window 10

CO wasn't too jovial but ok.
1. When did you finish high school
2. What was your score
3. What did you do after high school
4. Where did you go to college
5. Why did you go there
6. What are you doing now
7. Whom are you going to stay with in the United States?
8. Where does he live

OK sir, I'm returning your original documents to you (Birth cert and school cert) she kept the police certs. She then shuffles through the forms and says your visa is approved and hands me the green sheet with dhl details and asked to pay for green card before departure. Have a good day sir and am very grateful to her and wish her a good day.

The smile on my face was from here till sunday. Couldn't believe I got the green form.

So in a nutshell, have all docs well prepared, relax and all will be very smooth. 2.5 hours tops.

Good luck to all of you who have interviews coming up. All is well. I was so tense and nervous thinking of all possible mistakes I made but none of that came up.. God bless all of you and I wish you my sincere best.

Last edited: