Green Card Through Marriage Process when Currently Employed on H1b

ishan1290

Hello,

I am on H1B visa working for one of the top 10 consulting firms. Green card labor has been approved and waiting on i140. My girlfriend and I are planning to get married later this year and she is a citizen. I will be applying for green card through marriage. I have a few questions on green card through marriage.

1. What is the process (forms and anything else required)?
2. How long does it take to get the EAD and then how long does it take get the green card in hand?
3. Can I travel out of country after EAD? If yes, will I need visa stamping or No?
4. My green card is in process through work, will it be stopped or can I leverage it at all?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hello,

I am on H1B visa working for one of the top 10 consulting firms. Green card labor has been approved and waiting on i140. My girlfriend and I are planning to get married later this year and she is a citizen. I will be applying for green card through marriage. I have a few questions on green card through marriage.

1. What is the process (forms and anything else required)?
2. How long does it take to get the EAD and then how long does it take get the green card in hand?
3. Can I travel out of country after EAD? If yes, will I need visa stamping or No?
4. My green card is in process through work, will it be stopped or can I leverage it at all?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hi Ishan,

Please read this website for additional info https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-immediate-relative-us-citizen