• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Yeah there was a G4 holder on the forum at some stage who I recall would have to resign her job at the UN if she took up a green card. I don't think all G4 visa holders face that problem though - I know people on G4 at the IMF and - I may be mistaken but - from what I understand all that would happen if they adjusted status would be that they would have to start paying tax.
Exactly. It also depends on what professional category you belong to, etc. I know how it goes for sure at the UN because I faced the issue when I was adjusting status. But I am less certain about the imf and the world bank...though policies tend to be harmonized with the UN's. In any case, best for OP to investigate and be clear rather than get an unexpected surprise later on.

Last edited:
Question:
I got the 2NL today, well I guess it is 2NL, an email from KCC DV, titled 2016EU00000XXX Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter, containing a PDF that starts with "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)." Is it 2NL?
I never submitted DS-260; I paid the DV fees back in August and already submitted my application, received notifications from NBC, did the Bio, just waiting for the Interview Letter.
Just seems strange that they sent that 2NL without me submitting DS-260.
Any thoughts?

Question:
I got the 2NL today, well I guess it is 2NL, an email from KCC DV, titled 2016EU00000XXX Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter, containing a PDF that starts with "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)." Is it 2NL?
I never submitted DS-260; I paid the DV fees back in August and already submitted my application, received notifications from NBC, did the Bio, just waiting for the Interview Letter.
Any thoughts?
Thats very strange. I dont know how the 2nl's work but i havent received mine yet and i will be current in December

Yeah there was a G4 holder on the forum at some stage who I recall would have to resign her job at the UN if she took up a green card. I don't think all G4 visa holders face that problem though - I know people on G4 at the IMF and - I may be mistaken but - from what I understand all that would happen if they adjusted status would be that they would have to start paying tax.

Mom,

Thank you very much. On G4 - GC, the rule is clear. It depends on Staff category that one belongs.

Mom,

Thank you very much. On G4 - GC, the rule is clear. It depends on Staff category that one belongs.

And it depends on the organization too, as I said before. (Though I'm not mom)

From the IMF website:

A Fund employee or his/her dependents may change status from nonimmigrant to immigrant status, provided that the individual is eligible for such status, files the appropriate documents, and is approved by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). However, you should be aware that a staff member changing from G-4 to legal permanent resident status becomes ineligible for the Fund's expatriate benefits.

https://www.imf.org/external/np/adm/rec/policy/oth/g4.htm#6

Nothing about the "staff category" being important, so it's possible the UN is just being more difficult than other organizations....

Question:
Any thoughts?

Yes, that is the 2NL.

Did you at any point in time email KCC to indicate you will be processing AOS?

No I did not email them, I did send the checks for $330 though.

Rather unusual for them to send an AOS 2NL without the DS form submission or an email notification from the selectee, I guess yours is one of those rare situations.

Did anyone have a problem with barcode not printed out on the applications? If yes, can you please suggest the way to print out all the applications with bar code shown. Thank you.

If you use the print option provided on the page (print button) - you will not be able to print barcode, but if you right click on the page and choose "print..." - then the barcode will be printed. At list I did it like this in Google Chrome Version.

Good luck!

If you use the print option provided on the page (print button) - you will not be able to print barcode, but if you right click on the page and choose "print..." - then the barcode will be printed. At list I did it like this in Google Chrome Version.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for the suggestion! I had trouble doing it on a Mac computer. I ended up using Internet Explorer on a PC and it printed out easily without any trouble.

Dear Mom, I had my bio on October 13th. Since then, I haven't heard anything from USCIS regarding the interview. I check the USCIS website and there is no change/update either. I tried to call my Field Office to see whether I can talk to any officer but I was answered by an answering machine. Is there any particular phone number that we can call? Or to find out more about the case do I have to get an Infopass? My field office is about 4 hours away. I just don't want to go there if I can talk to someone and get information that way. I would appreciate it very much if you could help me with that. Any advice/suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Dear Mom, I had my bio on October 13th. Since then, I haven't heard anything from USCIS regarding the interview. I check the USCIS website and there is no change/update either. I tried to call my Field Office to see whether I can talk to any officer but I was answered by an answering machine. Is there any particular phone number that we can call? Or to find out more about the case do I have to get an Infopass? My field office is about 4 hours away. I just don't want to go there if I can talk to someone and get information that way. I would appreciate it very much if you could help me with that. Any advice/suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks...

I've said it over and over again, there will be no updates or changes online until after the interview when a decision gets made. And for now, the only way to get any information outside of phone calls to the USCIS 1800 number, is through an INFOPASS, and there's no guarantee what the outcome of the visit will be either.

I've said it over and over again, there will be no updates or changes online until after the interview when a decision gets made. And for now, the only way to get any information outside of phone calls to the USCIS 1800 number, is through an INFOPASS, and there's no guarantee what the outcome of the visit will be either.

Dear Mom, thank you very much.

I have another question if that is alright with you. Here is the situation: I am on a F1 visa and my I-20 expires December 31, 2015. I chose to graduate in Fall 2015 (in December). However, I may choose the second graduation deadline; in this case I have to get things done by January 5th. In this case it is no longer Fall graduation, it becomes Spring graduation. However, as I complete and submit everything by January 5th, I won't have to sign up for dissertation course but I will still be considered a student at the university until the May graduation.

Although I have been married to a US citizen, I haven't applied for AOS until after winning the lottery. Then, I applied for AOS, but I still keep my F1 status. Since my I-20 expires on December 31, 2015, should I extend my I-20 contacting the school (center for international students) as I will still be a student until May? Although I will be a student until May, I won't have to sign up for classes or dissertation course.

This is my current situation and I would appreciate it very much if you could share your thoughts. Thank you...

Dear Mom, thank you very much.

I have another question if that is alright with you. Here is the situation: I am on a F1 visa and my I-20 expires December 31, 2015. I chose to graduate in Fall 2015 (in December). However, I may choose the second graduation deadline; in this case I have to get things done by January 5th. In this case it is no longer Fall graduation, it becomes Spring graduation. However, as I complete and submit everything by January 5th, I won't have to sign up for dissertation course but I will still be considered a student at the university until the May graduation.

Although I have been married to a US citizen, I haven't applied for AOS until after winning the lottery. Then, I applied for AOS, but I still keep my F1 status. Since my I-20 expires on December 31, 2015, should I extend my I-20 contacting the school (center for international students) as I will still be a student until May? Although I will be a student until May, I won't have to sign up for classes or dissertation course.

This is my current situation and I would appreciate it very much if you could share your thoughts. Thank you...

I'm sorry I can't be of further assistance. I'm only able to provide guidance with straightforward DV based AOS process in this situation.

Hey guys, i just got my 2NL yesterday saying that "than you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment status with USCIS. Submited my DS-260 early may, unlocked october 12 to change mothers surname at birth. CN EU13xxx, current this December.

Hi Guys
Any interview notification for people who submitted on October 1?
I would like to know how fast is the process after submitting AOS package.

Hello all,

I was trying to schedule an infopass for early December but don't know when would the time slots open. Anyone has any idea? Is there any certain months/days that infopass is not available at?

Thanks

Hi Guys
Any interview notification for people who submitted on October 1?
I would like to know how fast is the process after submitting AOS package.

The timeline spreadsheet is provided for the purpose of gathering DV based AOS processing times. Go take a look at it. You should equally add your own information to it, if you haven't done so already, by the way.