• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hello all,

I was trying to schedule an infopass for early December but don't know when would the time slots open. Anyone has any idea? Is there any certain months/days that infopass is not available at?

Thanks

Your best bet would be to keep checking the site.

The timeline spreadsheet is provided for the purpose of gathering DV based AOS processing times. Go take a look at it. You should equally had your own information to it, if you haven't done so already, by the way.
Mom
You're the best thank you. I'll double check the spreadsheet.

Dear Mom, thank you very much.

I have another question if that is alright with you. Here is the situation: I am on a F1 visa and my I-20 expires December 31, 2015. I chose to graduate in Fall 2015 (in December). However, I may choose the second graduation deadline; in this case I have to get things done by January 5th. In this case it is no longer Fall graduation, it becomes Spring graduation. However, as I complete and submit everything by January 5th, I won't have to sign up for dissertation course but I will still be considered a student at the university until the May graduation.

Although I have been married to a US citizen, I haven't applied for AOS until after winning the lottery. Then, I applied for AOS, but I still keep my F1 status. Since my I-20 expires on December 31, 2015, should I extend my I-20 contacting the school (center for international students) as I will still be a student until May? Although I will be a student until May, I won't have to sign up for classes or dissertation course.

This is my current situation and I would appreciate it very much if you could share your thoughts. Thank you...

Hey I will say extend your i-20 if you can. At least until you have applied for the AOS else you will be out of status and that might affect your case!

Hey I will say extend your i-20 if you can. At least until you have applied for the AOS else you will be out of status and that might affect your case!

Her concern isn't about going out of status before applying for AOS. She's already submitted her AOS package. As a matter of fact, her AOS petition has been accepted and she's done her bio already. So she's covered on that end.

I realize it's too early and the interview letters will probably start to arrive in December or January, but I was wondering:

1. What would be considered "too long" to wait for an interview invitation after doing the bio? After how long it is recommended to take action and try to find out why there is no interview invitation?

2. What can be done if an interview letter doesn't arrive after that period of time? Few things I saw others do:

- call infopass for information
- schedule an appointment with infopass
- go to the congressperson's office for assistance

Is there anything else?

Thank you

Mom is right, I worry about a different thing. I appreciate your help though, you took time to read my message and tried to help me. You are very kind.

So our interview is scheduled this Thursday at 10:15 and 11:00 AM in Indianapolis. We are the first one in the spreadsheet to give AOS interview for 2016. We have collected documents needed and waiting for the interview. We are little bit scared too. Will share the details about the interview as we get home. Please pray for us.

So our interview is scheduled this Thursday at 10:15 and 11:00 AM in Indianapolis. We are the first one in the spreadsheet to give AOS interview for 2016. We have collected documents needed and waiting for the interview. We are little bit scared too. Will share the details about the interview as we get home. Please pray for us.

Good luck!!!

Hello Mom and Mr. Simon,
I’m a female PostDoc in California with CN 2016AS000070XX. My current visa (J1- NO 2-year rule) will expire in May 2016. As I was planning to go home for the Christmas holiday and thought I would not be able to re-enter the US, I have not submitted my DS-260. I realize I won’t be able to extend my J1 visa once I submit this form. Now my questions are:
1- Based on what I read here, my best option is the CP process (not taking the risk of becoming out of status), am I right?
2- Does my delay in filling the DS-260 form have a negative impact on my interview date at an embassy/consulate?
3- If I submit the form this week, when do you think I will have an interview?
Thank you so much,

Good luck with that. I am sure it will be pretty smooth.

Hello Mom and Mr. Simon,
I’m a female PostDoc in California with CN 2016AS000070XX. My current visa (J1- NO 2-year rule) will expire in May 2016. As I was planning to go home for the Christmas holiday and thought I would not be able to re-enter the US, I have not submitted my DS-260. I realize I won’t be able to extend my J1 visa once I submit this form. Now my questions are:
1- Based on what I read here, my best option is the CP process (not taking the risk of becoming out of status), am I right?
2- Does my delay in filling the DS-260 form have a negative impact on my interview date at an embassy/consulate?
3- If I submit the form this week, when do you think I will have an interview?
Thank you so much,

I think Mom should answer the main questions since status is quite critical.

IOne thing I would say is that you need to realize the risk/timeline for your case number. Last year, the highest case number for AS region was 7650. Years are not identical in terms of case numbers achieved, but it is possible that your number is not reached at all, or if it is reached it will be late in the processing year (August or September).

So - if it is not reached, and you have submitted a DS260, that may affect future non immigrant visa applications. You will have to decide how to play that gamble later.

Then you need to decide between AoS or CP processing. The speed of DS260 processing is really only an issue for CP cases, not AoS.

But, since processing of the DS260 for CP cases tends to speed up later in the year you could probably delay submission of your DS260 until March/April of next year and NOT have any delay to your CP cases (and NOT delay an AoS case). So - why rush to submit the DS260 now - thus declaring your immigrant intent. Perhaps you should keep options open for now.

Hello
It's my first time to hear about the interview. This gives us hope to know that it's happening for real. We'll be praying for you guys.

Good luck !
Please share your experience with us after your interview.
Thank you.

Finally received 2NL! Submitted DS260 6/16.

Unfortunately my husband lost his birth cert. when we moved house, so still waiting for that before we can submit our AoS package :(

Hi

I have a bit of a predicament and several questions to ask.

I have a number AF29*** and applied single and submitted DS260 after finding out I won filing for AOS since I’m on H1B. My fiancé managed to come visit on a B1 and we got married two weeks ago and I unlocked DS260 this week to add him. So several issues have arisen from that and I need some advice before I lock again soon:-

1. I adjusted my ds260 form and added him and his son from previous relationship who won’t be joining us which I indicated. However, I had said add applicant for the son and I notice my application now has both of them listed and saying “Accompany” appearing on my application. I was wondering if I leave the form under the son “incomplete or not touched and fill out hubby’s ds260 and resubmit and lock form. Wont that seem as if my application is incomplete and it won’t be reprocessed? It seem I can’t take off the son’s form so please advice.
2. I just realized my mom’s last name I used for our marriage certificate is not the one on my birth certificate. My mom had two last names at birth which she uses interchangeably (not appearing together) and I just found this out and am not sure what to do. I had used the name on my marriage certificate for the DS260. So am thinking maybe changing my birth certificate would be the way to go. Do you think any of this would be an issue?

3. Last and most important question. I am so torn on whether to continue AOS or to switch to CP for my form given I now added my husband and my selection number of 29***. Last week I also got a letter from KCC which started out "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration” which I am assuming may be the 2NL? I just don’t wanna risk my hubby not getting a visa and am freaking out. Under FTJ, after I get my stuff at what point will he be able to apply? I do need solid advice on this given people who have applied in the past. I can’t also seem to adjust where it says USCIS for my form and wondering if I need special permission for changing to CP since they already acknowledge I’m doing AOS.

4.Also if I do AOS/FTJ, do I have to include any of my husband's documents?
Really would be happy with any advice I get.

Hi,
My no is AS0005xxx and I am from Nepal and the cut off for Nepal started since October, what is the change of my no being current for 2016. as per last year data I thought my No will be current by April or May but now due to the Cut off, I am not sure.