• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

:) Just for the record: there is no Nationality called European. Best of luck!

Maybe not but to someone from Africa it is not very surprising, particularly given how long ago the original was done on that one. I'd be equally unsurprised to see an old European document listing someone's nationality as "African". The world was very different in the 1940s and 1950s.

Maybe not but to someone from Africa it is not very surprising, particularly given how long ago the original was done on that one. I'd be equally unsurprised to see an old European document listing someone's nationality as "African". The world was very different in the 1940s and 1950s.
:) If I remember correctly, the birth certificate photo was from 1963. Stating "African" on a birth certificate would be considered unintelligent at a minimum and presumably even racist, no difference to stating "Asian" or other... Posting a photo of such document in 2015 certainly can be considered as much, in my opinion, all for the better it got deleted from this forum.

Last edited:
:) If I remember correctly, the birth certificate photo was from 1963. Stating "African" on a birth certificate would be considered unintelligent at a minimum and presumably even racist, no difference to stating "Asian" or other... Posting a photo of such document in 2015 certainly can be considered as much, in my opinion, all for the better it got deleted from this forum.

I recall it was 1953. You seem to forget that prior to the mid-1960s most of Africa was still under colonial administration, so in all likelihood it was a European-run administration that prescribed the "unintelligent" and "racist" formats that you take such umbrage with, without you having any concept of how privileged it was to be "European" in Africa in those days.

Incidentally in South Africa in those days, "European" simply meant "white".... Not necessarily someone actually from Europe, just like "Asian" meant someone of Asian heritage even if born in SA. And this was the official race classification on all documents,not someone being ignorant when writing something down.

Again, you should not use a 2015 western lens to judge a time and place you clearly have no concept of. If it was racist - which it almost certainly was in a continent that was almost entirely under the control of (generally racist) European colonial administration at the time - it was racist in exactly the opposite sense you seem to be taking offense at.

I recall it was 1953. You seem to forget that prior to the mid-1960s most of Africa was still under colonial administration, so in all likelihood it was a European-run administration that prescribed the "unintelligent" and "racist" formats that you take such umbrage with, without you having any concept of how privileged it was to be "European" in Africa in those days.

Incidentally in South Africa in those days, "European" simply meant "white".... Not necessarily someone actually from Europe, just like "Asian" meant someone of Asian heritage even if born in SA. And this was the official race classification on all documents,not someone being ignorant when writing something down.

Again, you should not use a 2015 western lens to judge a time and place you clearly have no concept of. If it was racist - which it almost certainly was in a continent that was almost entirely under the control of (generally racist) European colonial administration at the time - it was racist in exactly the opposite sense you seem to be taking offense at.
No, I don't buy - whichever way round, racism as you suggest or reverse-racism as might otherwise be the case, both breeds are equally bad and posting either on an Internet forum to ask innocent questions about birth certificate forms is just simply poor judgment IMHO. With no push back folks could get the idea of posting KKK documents or Nazi era birth certificates with indifference and simply refer to "different times" as justification when challenged.

No, I don't buy - whichever way round, racism as you suggest or reverse-racism as might otherwise be the case, both breeds are equally bad and posting either on an Internet forum to ask innocent questions about birth certificate forms is just simply poor judgment IMHO. With no push back folks could get the idea of posting KKK documents or Nazi era birth certificates with indifference and simply refer to "different times" as justification when challenged.

No one is "justifying" anything, the document is an official document for heaven's sake using the terminology of the time, just because you have no idea of the time and place or even what the term means doesn't give you the right to get on your high horse about it either and demanding it get pulled. The fact remains that if someone born in Sierra Leone in that time needs a full form birth certificate that is what it will say because that is how it was recorded officially. KKK never issued birth certificates which you surely know... You're just looking silly trying to justify your previous posts now.

No one is "justifying" anything, the document is an official document for heaven's sake using the terminology of the time, just because you have no idea of the time and place or even what the term means doesn't give you the right to get on your high horse about it either and demanding it get pulled. The fact remains that if someone born in Sierra Leone in that time needs a full form birth certificate that is what it will say because that is how it was recorded officially. KKK never issued birth certificates which you surely know... You're just looking silly trying to justify your previous posts now.
Once again, you unfortunately don't seem to have always your emotions under control, SusieQQQ,. We will end this conversation here.

Mom
When sending AOS package, does the applicant send the checks for everybody or the spouse send his own check?
Thank you in advance

Mom
When sending AOS package, does the applicant send the checks for everybody or the spouse send his own check?
Thank you in advance

Checks can be drawn on the same a/c or individual ones. It doesn't matter who the account belongs to.

Mom,

I have a question. I have received NOA on 10/13/2016 and my interview is to be expected around December/ January. I plan to have a vacation during the Christmas week say between 21-27. I wonder if the interview schedule is based on our preference or it is set by USCIS? I need to know the rough idea before I book the ticket. I doubt USCIS will do interview during the Christmas week. Thank you.

Mom,

I have a question. I have received NOA on 10/13/2016 and my interview is to be expected around December/ January. I plan to have a vacation during the Christmas week say between 21-27. I wonder if the interview schedule is based on our preference or it is set by USCIS? I need to know the rough idea before I book the ticket. I doubt USCIS will do interview during the Christmas week. Thank you.

Interview date is strictly determined and decided by each applicable FO.

Mom
I'm so sorry is that stressing time for me making sure of everything. My number is current for December. My AOS packagae is ready. I've printed the copy of spreadsheet since May and I also know about early filing memo. My question, is December for filing or interview? Sorry for this dumb question I just want to make sure.

Mom
I'm so sorry is that stressing time for me making sure of everything. My number is current for December. My AOS packagae is ready. I've printed the copy of spreadsheet since May and I also know about early filing memo. My question, is December for filing or interview? Sorry for this dumb question I just want to make sure.

Technically speaking, December is for filing in your case. There's no guarantee interview will take place same month one becomes current but it's been known to happen.

Mom
Thank you very much for clarification. I didn't want to interpret It the wrong way and get results that will cost me.
Thanks again

Mom,

Do I need to first do the biometrics to get the interview letter or they're not related? I mean if I do the biometrics a little later, does it affect the time of my interview? Thanks!

Mom,

Do I need to first do the biometrics to get the interview letter or they're not related? I mean if I do the biometrics a little later, does it affect the time of my interview? Thanks!

Biometrics and interview dates are not related, bio is scheduled for everyone by NBC while each interview is scheduled by the applicable FO. Of course, there has been a few cases when an interview has been scheduled before the bio.

What is biometric walk-in date? Does it mean that we can do the bio before the scheduled date? Is it possible that some FO doesn't accept it? Thanks!

What is biometric walk-in date? Does it mean that we can do the bio before the scheduled date? Is it possible that some FO doesn't accept it? Thanks!

- a bio attempt before the scheduled date.
- yes
- some ASC may not allow a walk in, all FOs accept the result regardless of when done

Dear mom,
I am finishing my AOS package and I still have a question on I-485 Part 2: Application status. In which category do I fall if I am a PENDING ASYLUM case? Is it H: Other basis of eligibility? And just explain my situation?
Thank you very much!